Screw Steve Young! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Screw Steve Young!

Maybe if we would win the damn superbowl for a change then people wouldn't say things like that about our team. I don't care about what they say, but we have no real reason to be offended when we have blown so many chances in the last few years.Is very simple, we win and people'll stop saying things like that. Lets face it, we've been the PAPER CHAMPS the last few years!!

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Section126

Give the Fins a better QB and a better O-Line and then we'll see how much more "Mentally Tough" they are.

And add a "big game" defense, and were set.

I am sorry, but that term, "Mentally Tough" is so stupid.

I suggest you train and compete with my brother. The term "Mental Toughness" will become painfully evident.

Originally posted by Muck

I suggest you train and compete with my brother. The term "Mental Toughness" will become painfully evident.

Muck, there is no such thing as "Mental Toughness".....There just isn't...........BTW, Notice how Elway became "Mentally Tough" when he got a kicka$$ O-Line and a 2000 yard rusher?

I still remember getting into arguments with people that would tell me that "Elway was a choker", and that he lacked the "Mental Toughness" to win the 'Big One".

I believe you have to be mentally ready for a game it is not just a physical game. Do you think Marino would have as many passing yards if he did'nt have a mental aspect to the game?

Yes

By mentally tough do you mean, aknowledging a screwup, feeling bad for it, and moving on before the next play ?

Do you mean staying focused and keeping your composure in a hostile road playoff game down by 4 with 30 seconds left on your own 35 ?

Do you mean the ability to pick yourself up off the ground and force your body to play even when it hurts to breathe in a double overtime championship game ?

Do you mean a player coming back to lead his team into the playoffs after a 400 yard, 4 touchdown by halftime game, just a few days after losing his father of 35 years to a horrific accident?

Are you referring to a team being able to see through, and dismissing a horrible trend of "late season collapses" that have become a haunting reality, driven into the heads of players by the media, and fans as they continue to lose late in the season, year after year.

If that is what you guys are talking about, then yeah, I believe in the mental toughness aspect of the game.

Mental toughness is when a whole city waits for you to make a mistake, to lay a whole season's worth of frustration and unfulfilled expectations solely on your shoulders. You don't start in this league with out it, and in this case, its the sole reason you ever started in the first place. Mental toughness is doing a job everyone is waiting to see your fail at. Mental toughness is beeing cheered for by the same fans who boo'd you the week before, only to be boo'd for again the next week. Mental toughness is saying you won't give up your spot without a fight, regardless of what anyone thinks.

The definition of mental toughness...Jay Fiedler.

Ya he's probably the least talented QB in the NFL, starter or backup, but there isn't a sole on earth who would question his toughness.

Do with this statement as you please!

Sometimes the truth hurts. Muck is right. We needed to beat Philly at home to stay in contention for a playoff spot and our great defense with all the mentally tough veteran additions lay down to them. Last year when they needed just one win out of the last 2 games, the defense couldn't get off the field the second half against Minnesota and then blew an 11 point lead in the last 5 minutes against the Pats. And the last few times we've made the playoffs we left them far from being competitive, 20-3, 27-0, 63-7.......

I don't like Young either, but he's right.

Originally posted by relive1972
Sometimes the truth hurts. Muck is right. We needed to beat Philly at home to stay in contention for a playoff spot and our great defense with all the mentally tough veteran additions lay down to them. Last year when they needed just one win out of the last 2 games, the defense couldn't get off the field the second half against Minnesota and then blew an 11 point lead in the last 5 minutes against the Pats. And the last few times we've made the playoffs we left them far from being competitive, 20-3, 27-0, 63-7.......

I don't like Young either, but he's right.

Excellent post, couldn't agree more. Dolphins fans are so quick to tell you how great the defense is, yet wouldn't dare blame them for a lick of our late season futility. Takes a non homer to see it. But they're out there, as you've proven to me I am not a dying breed.

P.S....it was only 62-7, 63-7 would be a total blowout. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mental toughness is not only a term applied in sports but in our daily living.

You are mentally tough when you are a player and contribute against penalties when you dont need them.

You contribute with an extra play to change the game.

When the game is on the line and the ball is in your hands, what are you gonna do?

When they handoff the ball to you and you need to bust through the line without fear.

Completing your task, you have a task to make and the team depends on you.

This apply to ever player in the miami quad, sometimes players need much more than team work but an individual efort.

When you break it down all these terms such as "mental toughness" mean something. It means holding it together no matter what from the Head Coach on down. Respect is EARNED. The Dolphins haven't earned any in a long time. Until we do talking heads, etc. will take their shots at us and have their fun. Somebody said give us a better Q.B. and O-Line and see how much more mentally tough we are. He's right. Our Q.B. was very inconsistant, our team played inconsistantly, these things go hand and hand. Our O-Line was amoung the worst in the league, you can't win big games with bottom tier talent. Change this Offense with a complete overhaul and we will be a team to be reckoned with. GO back to war with the same guys next year and we'll come up short again.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
lmao...look at you guys and the threads you just started. Who cares if they like your team or not? And, like it or not, Young is right in this case.

yeah weak minded teams who go 3-13, 8-8, 4-12, 9-7. :lol: :lol:

But hey, weak minded teams arent like DEtroit or Chicago or Cleveland, or.............the list goes way beyond the Dolphins.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Danny
Maybe if we would win the damn superbowl for a change then people wouldn't say things like that about our team. I don't care about what they say, but we have no real reason to be offended when we have blown so many chances in the last few years.Is very simple, we win and people'll stop saying things like that. Lets face it, we've been the PAPER CHAMPS the last few years!!

Ozzy rules!!

So if you dont win the superbowl, your a weakminded team.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom