Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

bosa or Hargreaves and yeah hoops happy...better shot at Hargreaves...this team needs cover corner more than it needs free safety and I think jaylons a will

Give me Payton and Hargreaves and I will be very happy.

Where is Connor Cook projected? I wonder if he is around in rd 2?

I'm unsure on this. Don't hate it, don't especially like it. Mainly because I don't think that this team is built to run an O similar to the one he runs in NO. IMO power run, ball control, solid D is what this team has the building blocks for and needs to be in the future.

While I agree that tannehill can NOT throw anything close to a drew brees deep ball, brees and tannehill are similar in the way of mobility, throwing on the run, accuracy and getting multiple receivers involved. Remember brees was a cast off in San Diego before he got together with Payton. This league is all about coach and qb. Without a good duo at those two spots, you've got NO chance. I would definitely worry about Payton having full control though. He built a pretty horrificly bad defend edown there in NO. Especially on the backend. Not what we need for the defense at all.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Give me Payton and Hargreaves and I will be very happy.

Where is Connor Cook projected? I wonder if he is around in rd 2?
He might make it out of the top ten. Maybe.

While I agree that tannehill can NOT throw anything close to a drew brees deep ball, brees and tannehill are similar in the way of mobility, throwing on the run, accuracy and getting multiple receivers involved. Remember brees was a cast off in San Diego before he got together with Payton. This league is all about coach and qb. Without a good duo at those two spots, you've got NO chance. I would definitely worry about Payton having full control though. He built a pretty horrificly bad defend edown there in NO. Especially on the backend. Not what we need for the defense at all.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

He might make it out of the top ten. Maybe.

Im seeing him around 15. So, that isn't happening.
The obvious choices are VH3, Bosa, Jaylon and Jalen. I like Myles Jack and Desmond King too, but not if we can finish this season off right and end up in the top 5-7.

Just Yes. Don't over think it. If true, then you have a HC who has been to and won a SB. Everyone has baggage. It's easier to accept baggage when you know winning is a proven track record. He is also great with QBs. He knows offense.

But he's only part of the equation. Bring in Schwartz as DC; that's your other prize. That's the piece that completes Sean Payton as a coach. He needs a strong DC to offset his weaknesses and short comings. But a DC from the same coaching tree that adheres to the same basic principles.

We need a strong staff. Not up and coming guys. We need LEADERS at every level of this organization. We can't rely on one guy.

A 2nd or 3rd round pick is nothing. We've wasted enough 2nds and 3rds on garbage. Let's get real value from our picks. Balking at a 2nd or 3rd for a premiere coach is short sighted. Pay the price for being stupid and let's get back in the game. A great HC will be here for over a decade and will cost far less than any great player.

If it's real, you pull the trigger. Don't look back. And go about building for next year. Or do you want to drag your feet again this offseason and neglect to address obvious problems? That worked out well with Philbin. We lost another year of our lives.

You have a Super Bowl winning coach in his prime and you want to walk away over a 2nd round pick? Please.

It's like you invaded my brain to write this post. Bravo to you sir.

This is what scares me. Payton and Tannenbaum/Ross feel that Payton molded Brees into a hall of famer and he can do the same with Tannehill, so there will be no need to invest any more resources into the position. If they are wrong its another 5 years off of our football fan lives, which would bring the total to 9 years wasted on Tannehill. NINE FREAKIN YEARS!! and even then we're not guaranteed anything, the search just starts all over again.

I'd rather have a guy thats already been burned by mediocre QB play and has learned his lesson and is extremely nervous about trusting his job security to a "but who are you going to replace him with" type.

If Tannehill doesn't have a winning season in 6 years, he won't be around. You're worrying too much.

I would take Bosa or Ramsey in that mock. Ramsey is simply off the charts.

I would match him vs. Brandon Marshall.

No thanks. To much finesse for me. I want to build a bully on offense and defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago
Re: $147M-$153M cap projection ... The Saints have $153.6M committed for '16 (inc over $14.8M in dead $) and only 41 players under contract.

Holy *****

Of all the options, it's probably the most likely not to utterly fail. I'm not completely giddy over the prospects of giving up picks for a coach who is having just as bad a season wth a HOF QB, but he has a track record of success and is an offensive guru. I simply don't trust Mr. Magoo Ross to select a candidate from the assistant coach ranks that will pan out to be a top shelf HC. Might as well sacrifice for a proven commodity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom