Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

I assuming trading "guarantees" you get him? Whereas, if he's released/fired from the Saints then anyone with a sweeter deal(personnel, money, location etc) can entice him more than our organization to coach that team.

Like I said I'm assuming trading for a coach means he's yours and you just have to workout the contract stuff. Like a draft pick I suppose.

I'm not a fan of a trade, because if Miami can screw something up they sure as hell will and we'll be seeing threads on FH in 2 years saying how dumb Ross is and he's driven this team completely into the ground even more than last time.

Let this guy hit the market when he's let go from NOLA and Ross can throw a Brinks truck his way and make him the highest paid coach since he likes throwing his money away.

Could you trade a mid rounder for Payton, bail down in the first round and get even more picks back?

Why trade? It's not like someone else is going to trade for him and it's not like he's going to hit the waiver wire either. Another dumb mistake to set this franchise back.

While I'm not opposed to trading for a great coach, I don't think we need to here. If he really wants out and really wants to coach in MIA, he will make it happen. If he doesn't really want to be here, then we don't want him anyhow.

While I'm not opposed to trading for a great coach, I don't think we need to here. If he really wants out and really wants to coach in MIA, he will make it happen. If he doesn't really want to be here, then we don't want him anyhow.

Now this is a point I really agree with and hope is the case. I would hate for a coach to come here because in away he's forced here because he was drafted by our team(giving away a draft pick). If he really wants to come here then he will of his own accord. The catch could be that it forces NO to release him vs. them looking at his contract and deciding things aren't so bad and keeping him at least 1 more season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed 100%

On the flip side, he could be the guy we really want, and could end up not getting out of New Orleans. Then we will be sitting here with another Joe Philbin next year after they give Steve Ross the time to sit down and pick someone based on high character, morals and picking up trash off the field abilities. Or, there could be a scramble for coaches and we could be publicly humiliated and rejected again like with Harbaugh and Fisher (and more importantly, end up with nothing). I'm not saying give up a pick just because we've been embarrassed in the past, but they better make damn sure they are getting someone in here and not addressing head coach like they addressed the guards and linebackers. The idea of getting a young, proven winner doesn't bother me in the slightest. As others have said, if you grab him and Schwartz as DC, we're looking pretty solid.

If a team is willing to trade away a coach, you have to ask yourself why?

Exactly!! I get he has a ring and what not, but was it because of him or Drew Brees. I don't watch enough of their games to know whether he is a mastermind or not, but take Drew Brees away and Im sure he is pretty pedestrian.

Its like the chicken before the egg thing...

I'm all for a great proven HC but giving up picks with all the holes we have really hurts. I would be ok with a 4 round pick....am I dreaming?....lol

Ozzy rules

So the source of this is Jason Cole...

Wow. So basically not happening.

The team can make up for mid rounders with trade back and perhaps trading a veteran like Brent Grimes.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

That is true. He is a fountain of misinformation.

Now this is a point I really agree with and hope is the case. I would hate for a coach to come here because in away he's forced here because he was drafted by our team(giving away a draft pick). If he really wants to come here then he will of his own accord. The catch could be that it forces NO to release him vs. them looking at his contract and deciding things aren't so bad and keeping him at least 1 more season
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Peyton wants out of NO, they ultimately wont want to keep an unhappy HC for an extra year - its not like they are contenders. They don't have the leverage to extract a high pick. Additionally Peyton would do everything possible to make sure his new team doesn't give up the a high draft pick that would make his new job easier. Peyton will be coaching where he wants to next year, if anywhere, so trade talk is really not a factor IMO. It isn't going to be a draft pick bidding contest and NO will be lucky to get some token compensation from the team Peyton chooses to get 'traded' to.

Its a step up from Lac Canfora but not very much.. lol

Just speculating like we all have-I mean its not hard to think Miami or Indy might have interest.. so no other 'real' information.

Exactly!! I get he has a ring and what not, but was it because of him or Drew Brees. I don't watch enough of their games to know whether he is a mastermind or not, but take Drew Brees away and Im sure he is pretty pedestrian.

Its like the chicken before the egg thing...

That can be said of any coach. Belichick didn't do crap before he was paired with Brady...

Back
Top Bottom