Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

If this is true better hope someone else is picking the players and he hires a good DC. Not the first time this team has tried to make a big splash, hopefully this time it actually works out,

Drew Brees was not the perennial Pro Bowl player before Payton that he is now. He actually was fairly bad in San Diego, so much so that they drafted Phillip Rivers early in the first round. Brees started in 2005 over the rookie and had a break out year then signed in NO as a free agent in 2006, with Payton taking over the team the same year. Brees was good and ascending in SD, but he and Payton have definitely contributed to each other's success and enjoyed a very symbiotic and synergistic relationship in NO.

Keep our picks and add more talent. A good coach can only do so much with average players. Keep picks and draft better.

I would be down with this too bad it's Jason Cole. How often do these in season coaching/trade rumors ever pan out?

Paxton Lynch is likely going to Cleveland first overall. Goff, hard to tell. Every time you see him make a play, he's got a totally clean pocket. That is hard to project. Connor Cook. Does Payton see a future Brees type? Cook has some intangibles about him.

The top of the draft has the two db's, the two OT's, the two qb's, Jaylon, Bosa. You want to be in that top 8.

yep definitely want to be in that top 8...

Drew Brees was not the perennial Pro Bowl player before Payton that he is now. He actually was fairly bad in San Diego, so much so that they drafted Phillip Rivers early in the first round. Brees started in 2005 over the rookie and had a break out year then signed in NO as a free agent in 2006, with Payton taking over the team the same year. Brees was good and ascending in SD, but he and Payton have definitely contributed to each other's success and enjoyed a very symbiotic and synergistic relationship in NO.

His career changed after they drafted Rivers, Brees became Brees in 2004 while still in San Diego.

yeah indys the one I'd worry about taking your cookies

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I have no doubt though Miami has a bug in paytons ear already...but indy probably does too...and I'm sure there will be more if they smell blood in the water

Depends on if he wants a challenge in the East or an easy trip to the playoffs every year.

If it's not our 1st I do find this more reasonable. A shot at Jalen or Jaylon cannot be passed up. I think Payton would want to keep Campbell as assistant HC too. It's a pretty perfect setup. Giving the coach full personnel control can be a recipe for disaster though.

Keep our picks and add more talent. A good coach can only do so much with average players. Keep picks and draft better.

For a 3rd rounder, with the culture that this team has implemented, it's a no brainer. Great coaches make great teams. That's why you don't see scrub coaches doing anything. A good coach can make such a huge difference, compared to a pick that may have a 30% chance of succeeding.

For a 3rd rounder, with the culture that this team has implemented, it's a no brainer. Great coaches make great teams. That's why you don't see scrub coaches doing anything. A good coach can make such a huge difference, compared to a pick that may have a 30% chance of succeeding.

great coaches have good staffs too...and this staff is in serious need of a complete redo

This is what scares me. Payton and Tannenbaum/Ross feel that Payton molded Brees into a hall of famer and he can do the same with Tannehill, so there will be no need to invest any more resources into the position. If they are wrong its another 5 years off of our football fan lives, which would bring the total to 9 years wasted on Tannehill. NINE FREAKIN YEARS!! and even then we're not guaranteed anything, the search just starts all over again.

I'd rather have a guy thats already been burned by mediocre QB play and has learned his lesson and is extremely nervous about trusting his job security to a "but who are you going to replace him with" type.

If we give them a 3rd and get a 4th back ok but to just give them a straight pick for him I'm not so sure.

I'd much rather take door 3 and that's Ross selling the team....The guy clearly doesn't have a clue as to how to run a Organization with just hiring guys to oversee other guys.

Or Ross dump every and those whispering in your ear and Find a real GM to get this Team headed in the Right direction.

Back
Top Bottom