Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

This sounds like something the Dolphins and Ross would do. To me, it also seems like it would be an utter mistake ... yeah, it's something Ross and the Dolphins would do.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m2 minutes ago
Re: $147M-$153M cap projection ... The Saints have $153.6M committed for '16 (inc over $14.8M in dead $) and only 41 players under contract.

Holy *****

They are ****ed. Our cap space doesn't look good on the surface, but we can free up a ton and have nearly $60M available. New regime might cut Brees, Colston and Ellerbe. Outside of them, nobody saves them much. At best they're looking at $25M in space.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Too good to be true...and same here Hargreaves and then LB round 2?

I'll take anyone of them...

horrible, horrible, horrible idea.

We are in no position to give up players/draft picks when we have major holes and depth issues at key positions.

Pass...pass...pass!

We are in no position to give up players/draft picks when we have major holes and depth issues at key positions.

Pass...pass...pass!

The problem is if the right person is not making the pick (lets say it's a 3rd) does it really matter that much? and it would also be a way to keep him away from working with Luck..which I would think would be a possibility although with the owner their who knows..

We are going to have a chance for those top 5 picks. Miami is not going to win the rest of the year.

I think they get blasted Sunday, become a running joke on Monday Night Football, long roadie to SD...lose their, Indy needs it...wins it and NE will rest players and Miami will go winless in the division.

Miami will pick 4 or 5...too far from a QB, but will get an elite player and another strong player when the draft wraps around to round 2.

Pass...pass...pass!

This current brain trust will just mess those picks up anyway. A top shelf coach can do a lot more good for a franchise in the long run than a 2nd rounder...

It's tough to say if Payton is a top shelf HC given his recent struggles, but he is a super bowl winner and took a pretty moribund Saints franchise from bottom dweller to perennial playoff team rather quickly... Of course Brees gets a lot of credit for that, but Payton deserves a lot of credit for developing Brees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Payton have full perosnnel control now? They've been a bad team lately.

All players are coachable. However, you need to have players. Right now we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for players.

What fans think:

"Oh no! Do we offer a draft pick?! Will Sean Payton come available?! What do we doooooooo?!?!?!?!"

Today's NFL:

"Hey, mutual agent who represents Sean Payton and our personnel guys, do us a favor and next time Sean Payton is over your house ask him if the Saints are going to definitely dump him. Tell him under the table he will be compensated handsomely. He wouldn't want to lose a draft pick with his new team for no reason, so it's within his best interest to answer."

:hi5:

Payton does not have full control of personnel.

Pass...pass...pass!

What will we do without Will Davis, Dallas Thomas, Michael Egnew, John Jerry, Patrick Turner, Kendall Langford, Lorenzo Booker and Derek Hagan??? Only 3rd round picks who have shown anything are Vernon and Turner. 2nd rounder ain't much better either.

All players are coachable. However, you need to have players. Right now we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for players.

you guys have a good talent base, the right coach comes in and you can be a playoff team next year. That doesn't mean there isn't work to be done improving in certain areas but a good offseason w/ the right hire and you guys can compete again.

We are going to have a chance for those top 5 picks. Miami is not going to win the rest of the year.

I think they get blasted Sunday, become a running joke on Monday Night Football, long roadie to SD...lose their, Indy needs it...wins it and NE will rest players and Miami will go winless in the division.

Miami will pick 4 or 5...too far from a QB, but will get an elite player and another strong player when the draft wraps around to round 2.

I am going to try and remember this as I sit in my seat on Sunday and some Raven fan (like Dallas fan did last home game) is screaming how glorious their team is and I want the win just to shut them up...there may be a greater good in the end. That's all we have to look forward to rest of the season.

If you think he can make RT a great QB then you will be disappointed, will he help him by designing his offense around RT strengths, Yes he will, Payton can coach not sure how well he is on the personnel side of things but he can coach....my guess is I don't see it happening, I don't see Ross giving up his power to call the shots behind the scenes and then blame someone else when it crashes and burns, because that's exactly whats been going on since he purchased the team.....at least Jerry Jones owns it he's not like Ross who is the silent guy but doing the same thing under the radar....

Payton seems like a smart guy who can write his ticket to just about any franchise that wants him, why would he be saddled with this dysfunction plus lose a draft pick, make the Saints fire you and go work for who you want to work for under your terms and not lose a draft pick.....

Back
Top Bottom