Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

I just don't think Bosa makes it to us ... well unless Hayden is right and we lose every game then maybe, and we will get a LB out of this draft right?????
is Bosa better than papa bear was? The draft busts at no 1 of Jackie Shipp, John Bosa and Eric Kumerow cost us a SB in the '80s I'm convinced. What whiffs.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

If the Colts continue winning and make the playoffs this won't be a concern.
they might can Pagano anyway just for that horrible fake punt thing against NE.

Payton has a clause in his contract that enables him to go on his own terms it seems based on stuff Im readin. That is probably why the Saints management is asking now for compensation. Alot depends on what Payton thinks about going to Miami over all the other opportunities that will be available. If he likes the Miami situation and has control, I think we can get him for nothing. If it were to end up a 3rd rounder, you can get that back easy.

I don't think Luck carries the awe he used to. The colts are only winning with him on the bench lately and from all I read here, that's what matters. Luck's pedastal has lowered a bit.

No. Not for draft picks. Too essential in my opinion. Wait to see if the Saints fire him at seasons end. Don't throw picks in yet.

You'd rather use those draft picks on players who will turn out to be busts (likelihood with our drafting) rather than spend those on an elite level coach?

BY the way, if you google Sean Peyton you will basically read the tea leaves definitely say he is burnt out from NO. Not football. Just NO. That dude is out of there.

Yeah. I'm not on board with trading for a coach. I'm with FSU Truth and would rather use those picks to try and fix issues with the team.

Every year we hear the Playstation types on here cry for more picks, more picks, trade down, yada yada yada... And this front office keeps WASTING them.

A 2nd or 3rd pick for a Super Bowl winning coach with multiple divisional titles is an absolute NO BRAINER.

If it comes down to Miami vs. Indy, I have no doubt he'll pick the Colts for 3 main reasons: 1) Weaker division. 2) Team plays inside a dome just like the Saints. 3) Andrew Luck's potential.

We'll see, though.

Every year we hear the Playstation types on here cry for more picks, more picks, trade down, yada yada yada... And this front office keeps WASTING them.

A 2nd or 3rd pick for a Super Bowl winning coach with multiple divisional titles is an absolute NO BRAINER.

I agree.

I would do it, I don't think they will have to trade any picks though.

It's not just this team.

The draft is basically a crap shoot. Almost no team bats well over time if you look at it without bias.

Is this kid Bosa related to former dolphins John Bosa?

Ozzy rules

Payton has a clause in his contract that enables him to go on his own terms it seems based on stuff Im readin. That is probably why the Saints management is asking now for compensation. Alot depends on what Payton thinks about going to Miami over all the other opportunities that will be available. If he likes the Miami situation and has control, I think we can get him for nothing. If it were to end up a 3rd rounder, you can get that back easy.

The ownership issue will not be resolved anytime soon in NO.

you guys have a good talent base, the right coach comes in and you can be a playoff team next year. That doesn't mean there isn't work to be done improving in certain areas but a good offseason w/ the right hire and you guys can compete again.

You've been saying that the last few years. Miami stinks.

He's had success but what qualifies him to pick the players? I really don't think that this would work out. I mean, whatever success the saints have had in the past (they really haven't had any success the last few years) was really the product of Drew Brees. If we are going to do it, I guess the pick doesn't matter because we would probably draft a guard that is horrible at football anyway

Picks aside, is Payton the right man for the job?

Pros:
-Elite level designer of offensive schemes and an elite play caller
-Can hopefully push Tannehill to the next level; Puts a lot of responsibility on the QB but allows maximum flexibility in return

Cons:
- Has never hired a coach on the defensive side of the ball that consistently led a top unit
-'Almost seems to completely ignore the defensive side of the ball, including needed personnel upgrades
- Would his reputation as an offensive guru be as strong without Drew Brees' contribution?

would he hire rob ryan?

Back
Top Bottom