Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

You look at what the Bucs gave up for Gruden no way Payton is had or a 2nd and 3rd!

Here is my top ten list for candidates...subject to change of course :)
1. Payton: Love the pick as long as the compensation is reasonable. Respected coach. Great offensive design. Experienced.
2. Haley: Love what he has done in Pit...esp working around injuries. Has experience as a HC.
3. Jackson: Love the offensive design. I respect the 8-8 record in Oakland.
4. Marrone: Will build a physically tough team. Rex is living off his work in Buffalo. Alpha male. Runs a good program. 9-7 with Kyle Orton and EJ Manual. Experienced.
5. Austin: No experience which I do not like. However, I love his resume and will no doubt put a system in place that would allow Suh to thrive.
6. McDermott: Deserves a HC job. No HC experience is knick against him.
7. Schwartz: Experienced. System would fit Suh. Would bring a tough defense to a team that needs it. Maybe he would DC for Marrone again?
8. Gase: His work shows he deserves a job. Not sure I want an experienced guy here. Not the fit Miami needs now.
9. Pagano: He will be fired. He is a 3-4 guy so I am not sure that works in Miami. However, he is good leader and will put a solid program in place.
10. Shula: Shula has done well in Carolina. Does the team interview, but not hire him? I am not sure I would go there. That said, imagine what Don would feel if he got hired...

you guys have a good talent base, the right coach comes in and you can be a playoff team next year. That doesn't mean there isn't work to be done improving in certain areas but a good offseason w/ the right hire and you guys can compete again.

The list of teams looking for a coach next yr will be huge

Eagles, San Fran, Giants, Fins, Lions, Colts, Chargers, browns, Titans, Jax, rams and possibly Bills if they flame out down the stretch...

I think these teams are better spots than us, Eagles-weak division some talent in place, Giants- weak division SB experience QB, talent at wr, Chargers-good offense and defense veteran QB, Titans-2nd yr QB still learning no bad habits good defense, Rams-won a SB with the DC, excellent everything but QB, Bills ready to win now, lots of weapons on offense....

If I am Payton, I would take the Rams job, big name for the owner to sell when they relocate, running game, speed on the outside, excellent D, worked well with the DC in NO....perfect fit.....2nd choice would be Giants, he was OC there until he was demoted by Fasel and ultimately fired thats when Parcells picked him up in brought him to Dallas, it would be a nice place to end your career after 5-7 more yrs of coaching

Just like a top notch qb, you need a top notch coach. No other way. Look to our rivals in the north. Belichick and Brady.

yeah indys the one I'd worry about taking your cookies

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I have no doubt though Miami has a bug in paytons ear already...but indy probably does too...and I'm sure there will be more if they smell blood in the water

If the Colts continue winning and make the playoffs this won't be a concern.

Too good to be true...and same here Hargreaves and then LB round 2?

I can tell ya what position carries more weight in the scouting circle...and that's 43 de...if you can land an impact day 1 starter every down 43 de with prototypical size and measurables and you run a 43 and have a de need you do not pass it up

bosa wont make it out of the top 5 unless every none qb taking team up there ends up running a 34 and the first 43 team that gets a shot will run the freaking card up

I can tell ya what position carries more weight in the scouting circle...and that's 43 de...if you can land an impact day 1 starter every down 43 de with prototypical size and measurables and you run a 43 and have a de need you do not pass it up

bosa wont make it out of the top 5 unless every none qb taking team up there ends up running a 34 and the first 43 team that gets a shot will run the freaking card up

I have no idea how he grades out from a mentality standpoint, I'm sure it's not Watt level, but as a Badger fan who watched a lot of J.J, Robert Nkemdiche is a more physically developed version of J.J at that age. I prefer going DB or trading back to the middle of the round and stockpiling picks if the offer is right, but if it's a DE give me Nkemdiche. He's a good enough athlete to play anywhere on the DL in any scheme.

I just don't think Bosa makes it to us ... well unless Hayden is right and we lose every game then maybe, and we will get a LB out of this draft right?????

I have no idea how he grades out from a mentality standpoint, I'm sure it's not Watt level, but as a Badger fan who watched a lot of J.J, Robert Nkemdiche is a more physically developed version of J.J at that age. I prefer going DB or trading back to the middle of the round and stockpiling picks if the offer is right, but if it's a DE give me Nkemdiche. He's a good enough athlete to play anywhere on the DL in any scheme.

nkemdiche his freshman year played de and lacked burst off the edge and in space to get to the qb at like 300 lbs...once they kicked him inside is when he really took off...too quick for interior lineman etc in short areas...

I have no interest as a 43 de my interest would be completely 3 tech about upfield penetration in a phone booth...and being I need 43 de impact every down player or every down boundary cb starter much more than I do dt if I'm Miami nkemdiche is not on my targets list

if someone wants to come up for him and pay me a kings ransom in the process I'm listening...but not if either of my primary needs that validate a pick that high are there

I just don't think Bosa makes it to us ... well unless Hayden is right and we lose every game then maybe, and we will get a LB out of this draft right?????

your read on it seems right to me...you want a shot at bosa better lose out or hope every team in front of you runs a 34...and a couple more wins and you won't get a shot at Hargreaves either

Hard to believe Peyton picks Tannehill over Luck. Damn near guaranteed a Super Bowl with Luck. With Tannehill he would have more work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a fan of coaches who already won the SB w another team. They are not as hungry and have never won w new team. I also have concerns about how good Payton really is. Had Miami signed Brees Payton might still be calling plays for someone - or being stripped of those duties when he sucked it up (like w the Giants). Something rubs me the wrong way w this guy. That said no way in hell I want Mangini or McDaniels. Neither one are HC material as they have already proven. So if getting Payton prevents Ross from doing something super dumb then ok. I still like Dan Campbell. For those critical saying he's not aggressive, how much more aggressive do you want than firing Coyle and now Lazor? He certainly hasn't stopped trying to get better.

Back
Top Bottom