Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

This story is confusing to me and lacks all merit.

Why not just wait and make him the highest paid coach and give up zero compensation assuming this write-up is true.

If the Saints don't pursue a trade, Payton also has the option to take matters into his own hands. According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, Payton has a "change of control" clause in his contract. If he wanted to be a free agent at the end of the season, the Saints would reportedly be inclined to let him out of his deal.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10...n-rumors-head-coaching-change-saints-dolphins

This story is confusing to me and lacks all merit.

Why not just wait and make him the highest paid coach and give up zero compensation assuming this write-up is true.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10...n-rumors-head-coaching-change-saints-dolphins

A trade would take away any doubt that another team (one that has more pieces in place) could hire him away from the Dolphins. Not every coach will go for the money just like not every player will. Remember Jake Long took less money to play with the Rams and he wasn't the only player to do that to the Dolphins.

Snippet of the talk from website. WQAM local sports talk radio in Miami.

It appears Saints coach Sean Payton could be the move for the Miami Dolphins after the season from hell, judging from comments made by Jason Cole when talking about how to sell this team going forward.

“You get a high-profile guy who has Bill Parcells connections, that everybody knows, has won Super Bowls in the past and you make a trade for Sean Payton,” Cole said on WQAM’s Big O Show on Tuesday. “This is a ready-made deal. There’s a very good chance of it. Now I think the preference would be to end up in Indianapolis with Andrew Luck but I think the tea leaves point towards him probably ending up in Miami more likely.

“I think he’ll be able to work with [Mike] Tannenbaum who was a Parcells disciple who’s probably gonna give you free reign to run the personnel side of it, run the organization the way you want to do it.

For Stephen Ross, Cole says “you’ve got a championship-level coach that people can get excited about. If anybody’s gonna turn Ryan Tannehill into a great quarterback, it’s gonna be Sean Payton.”

The issue with Payton is his contract is not up this summer and the Saints would likely have to be compensated. How high of a draft pick would we be talking about here? There’s also the discussion of how much of an impact Payton had on the Saints during the good times with a stud like Drew Brees in place at quarterback.

Home Run Candidate.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Payton might be tempted to take a top five pick this year and draft his own QB.

I'd roll the dice with this move . . . seriously. May as well give Ryan Tannehill the best chance to succeed and I don't see anybody else out there that is gonna make that happen better than Sean Payton.

The Tbaum/Parcells connect is there . . . they'll get a defensive coordinator in there that will be high caliber.

A 2nd round pick, one that could be top 40 would be too rich IMO, but I'd part with the top 75 pick if it came down to it.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Home Run Candidate.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Payton might be tempted to take a top five pick this year and draft his own QB.

If there is someone there he likes, you damn right he should. Problem is, I am not seeing that guy, not top 5 . . . last time we reached for a QB was in 2012, when we passed on a HOF MLB for him.

Is Payton likely to have more positive impact on our chances to win ball games as opposed to, say, a 1st round pick? Looking at our 1st round pick history, I'd have to say yes.

Having noted that, I'd agree that this could be said for Dan Campbell.

I'd be down with trading a pick for Payton.

Paxton Lynch is likely going to Cleveland first overall. Goff, hard to tell. Every time you see him make a play, he's got a totally clean pocket. That is hard to project. Connor Cook. Does Payton see a future Brees type? Cook has some intangibles about him.

The top of the draft has the two db's, the two OT's, the two qb's, Jaylon, Bosa. You want to be in that top 8.

No flipping way I give a 1st round, top five pick for him.

Why trade? It's not like someone else is going to trade for him and it's not like he's going to hit the waiver wire either. Another dumb mistake to set this franchise back.

The rumor of Harbaugh to the Browns was two third round picks. Payton is not fetching anything more than that.

Why trade? It's not like someone else is going to trade for him and it's not like he's going to hit the waiver wire either. Another dumb mistake to set this franchise back.

I assuming trading "guarantees" you get him? Whereas, if he's released/fired from the Saints then anyone with a sweeter deal(personnel, money, location etc) can entice him more than our organization to coach that team.

Like I said I'm assuming trading for a coach means he's yours and you just have to workout the contract stuff. Like a draft pick I suppose.

If I single player is inadequate you get gashed on some plays. If your head coach is inadequate you get gashed on a season. A draft pick in the mid rounds is worth every bit for a hq who can win games.

Back
Top Bottom