Should Dolphins go Back to Rosen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins go Back to Rosen?

I can’t watch Rosen play football ever again. BTW I was okay with the trade. The thing is, he doesn’t have game and he never will. Talent doesn’t mean squat if you’re not a baller. Rosen is a stiff with talent. He’ll make a nice politician.

I can’t watch Rosen play football ever again. BTW I was okay with the trade. The thing is, he doesn’t have game and he never will. Talent doesn’t mean squat if you’re not a baller. Rosen is a stiff with talent. He’ll make a nice politician.
I kind of agree with you, seems to have talent but not the moxie I'd like to see in a starting QB. I like that we tried it and will be ok as back up for a bit but I don't think he has "it"

The stupid thing about the whole situation to me is that Flores said he earned starter for the rest of the year status and had shown enough. Then after a bad outing in Washington where you could literally tell the play the moment of the snap, defenders were jumping our screen passes before the ball even got to the receivers, and there were defenders reaching our QB untouched from the very first series of the game, we pulled Rosen for some cheap offense. Fitz does exactly what an air it out veteran with nothing to lose against a weak opponent who hasn't prepared for him to play does, which is mount two drives. And then he proceeds in two games to generate a moderate amount of offense while making mistakes that are the turning point in the game. The overall production has been marginally better than Rosen who in weeks three and four was better than Fitz.

It was evident that Flores wouldn't know how to manage the QB situation from week one of the preseason when Rosen played really well and then Flores openly criticized him for making decisions that Fitzpatrick makes after a decade and a half in the league. And it's played out EXACTLY, and I meant EXACTLY like I knew it would back in August. To be perfectly honest, I just don't care anymore. Rosen may have failed the Dolphins but its pretty darn evident they completely failed him as well. At this point I know its not gonna work because the Dolphins don't know what they're doing. I can just hope that Rosen will get a fair shot somewhere because its pretty raw what's happened to him in two spots. And hopefully Flores will either get fired before the next QB of the future gets in here or at least he won't be subject to the same bullcrap.

One QB allows the offensive unit to grow.

The other, not so much.

It doesn't matter if the HC backtracked, he has to get a read on the rest of the guys on the offensive unit.

Fitzpatrick is clearly better than Rosen, gotta keep Fitzpatrick in there.

I get that. But are we there yet? I agree Rosen hasn't shown much and that is disappointing, especially his game against Washington. But, we are still looking at a young quarterback who had very little talent to work with in Arizona and now here in Miami.

I'm not 100 percent convinced the team knows what it has in Rosen, or that the lights can't suddenly go on for him.

Drake and Minkah didn't show much either until out of here
Maybe a mirror is in order?

I'm all for it because I'm all for getting the #1 pick.

The Bengals have decided to make a push for it by playing Finley.

One QB allows the offensive unit to grow.

The other, not so much.

It doesn't matter if the HC backtracked, he has to get a read on the rest of the guys on the offensive unit.

What?
There are zero players on offense to really get a read on except Rosen

IMO, the important question has already been answered. He shows no reason not to choose a top QB in the 2020 draft.
What if the Dolphins win 2-3 games and ends up with the 3-5 pick instead of one of the top 2 picks? Tua and Burrow will be gone and the Dolphins would be much better ofF drafting Young. I think Tua and Burrow are the only 2 legitimate QB’s in the draft who are worth a first round draft pick.

Maybe one of the 2nd tier QB’s will be available in the second round and they could use one of their two second round picks to select one of these QB’s. If they can’t get Tua or Burrow in the first round I would rather see them take a CB and an offensive lineman in the first round after drafting Young.

What?
There are zero players on offense to really get a read on except Rosen

Narrow and short sighted. There are 11+ guys auditioning for jobs. When 1 person has a direct effect on ALL of them, you need the best person to allow a proper evaluation of all involved.

Narrow and short sighted. There are 11+ guys auditioning for jobs. When 1 person has a direct effect on ALL of them, you need the best person to allow a proper evaluation of all involved.

Except one is a top QB prospect of the last draft
You will then say he is not good
I will say these coaches are a big part of why he doesn't look good 9its a pattern) and that he cannot properly be evaluated in the little time he has played
Tua whoever you want is going to have the same growing pains especially under these jokers
So lets keep Fitz starting all next year then

Back
Top Bottom