Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ?

Other people have mentioned it. Maybe you draft Wilson and have him compete with Tua?

Personally, that's not the way I'd build the team, but if the organization isn't completely sold on Tua that move would make a lot of sense. Let them compete and see what happens.

One thing to keep in mind, trading one of them won't net you a #3 pick in return. Teams picking top 10 will most likely dive into the college quarterbacks. That's not to say you can't get a #1 pick or more back, but it's likely teams toward the backend of the draft.

I'd like to see Miami build around Tua. If you look at his best moments and best games, that's some good tape for Tua. I think that's realistically what he will become. Put more talent around him, and I really believe Tua is a potential top 10 starting quarterback in this league.

Just different doors of perception,my friend..

If this happens the Flores and particularly Grier screwed up so badly that they should be shown the door.

I don't know if Tua is 'The Guy' and I also don't know if Wilson is 'The Guy'.
What I do know is it takes time to see if the guy you draft is going to be your long term starter and to suggest we start over again with Wilson when we're probably just a season away from seeing if Tua is our answer just means we lost a year or more in becoming perennial playoff contenders.

I said all that to say...No to Wilson...

Back
Top Bottom