Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ?

Wilson is gone at #2. Close thread
The Jets will be looking to upgrade again at the QB position in three years if they draft Wilson. They would be better off building the offense around Darnold but as a Dolphin fan, I hope they draft Wilson or Fields. Because I don’t think either of them are going to be quality starters in the NFL.

Hell no

Justin Fields? Maybe

Why dont we draft him and keep Tua? And the same with Justin Fields? Why the **** would having 2 potential franchise QB's, when you are not sure about the one you have already, be a bad thing? Specially during the age of Covid. Look what getting a 2nd QB did for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? Why cant we bring in a rookie to give Tua competition instead of a guy like Trubisky or Marriota? If we have issues with the QB's, we need to get it fixed. If the front office is sure Tua is the guy 100%, then you double down and put the weapons around him.

I just dont know what the front office thinks. I personally think they are not sold on Tua and are cutting guys so they make a move for Watson. I personally think we cant go wrong doing either thing.

What exactly did having a 2nd QB do for Rodgers? Did I sleep through a recent Super bowl (ok, ok, it's more recent than ours -- different discussion)?

Yes...there is growing sentiment that Zach Wilson might be QB1 in this draft.

If they could pull that off, I draft Pitts at # 3 and you now have two mid-first rounders to add other offensive talent, and #36! Only issue is Wilson will likely go #1 or 2 with Trevor being the other Top Two pick.

Absolutely not. Wilson played against a very soft schedule last year and half the QB’s in college could have put up similar stats with the BYU offense against the high school schedule they played against.

I was thinking Wilson would be a nice backup QB for an NFL team.
This

Saw Wilson play here locally in BYU’s loss to CCU. Nothing special.....solid.....but not anywhere near top 3 pick range.

Don’t get this premise...if the phins didn’t believe in Tua they would trade for Watson. No way they would take a qb top 5 again unless they had the 1st pick. Even then they may just trade down.

Why dont we draft him and keep Tua? And the same with Justin Fields? Why the **** would having 2 potential franchise QB's, when you are not sure about the one you have already, be a bad thing? Specially during the age of Covid. Look what getting a 2nd QB did for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? Why cant we bring in a rookie to give Tua competition instead of a guy like Trubisky or Marriota? If we have issues with the QB's, we need to get it fixed. If the front office is sure Tua is the guy 100%, then you double down and put the weapons around him.

I just dont know what the front office thinks. I personally think they are not sold on Tua and are cutting guys so they make a move for Watson. I personally think we cant go wrong doing either thing.
Because if you have faith in Tua, it’d be like trading your 3rd overall pick for a 2022 1st rounder...

If the coaching staff has faith in Tua, you invest that pick in talent around him. If the coaching staff doesn’t have faith in Tua, you replace him. You don’t ride both sides of the fence and reduce the effectiveness of either choice.

Back
Top Bottom