Should we stop fans from jumping on the bandwagon? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we stop fans from jumping on the bandwagon?

I meant the current name...Diolphin stadium ... also i dont even care if they can look up the answers on google i just think we should make then look up info on us...or have to do the extra work.. also even if they buy stuff they really dont save us ticket prices to much because of the cba... it is minimal

INfinFAN said:
Nobody should be stopped from being a fan, even it they are a bandwagon fan. Also, with the internet, a little test like that would be very easy to pass...

I bet it makes you feel very proud to jump on with a team bc they are on the rise!

Avigatorx said:
It will ALWAYS be Joe Roby Stadium, I dont care what wayne decides to call it.

Actually, it's the Stadium-Formerly-Known-As-Joe-Robbie...Fat Hanks one positive contribution to Fin Fans...

This idea for holding off bandwaggers is not too good...Who cares who jumps in as long as we are winning games...I was attending games at the Orange bowl when PublixSubs was just a gleam in his mama's eye, but that doesn't make it any less fun to talk Fin stuff with him or anyone else on the board...

Geez, last year, everyone was crying that we weren't getting any respect and this year they want to stop people from jumping on....

PhinGeneral said:
Was he the brother of the late Reggie Roby? :D

Lol, Thats where I got the spelling messed up.

Joe was the punter and reggie the owner right? :p

LMAO i hate the bandwagon jumpers just as much as the next person but there is no way to stop them.

PublixSubsRule said:
I dont know. i just dont like people that jump in here and dont know anything and act like the biggest fans when they only like us cuz we are most likely gonna be good. this is a big concern to me i dont like band wagon fans... i know i only have like 70 some odd posts but my true fan runs blood deep i bleed aqua and orange i have been a fan for 17 years in other words all my life.
in order to try to impede or at least make these band wagon people obtain some info. abou us i say we instate a test u have to pass to become a member... NOTHING TO HARD JUST A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST LIKE, WHO IS OUR O-LINE COACH?...WHAT IS THE NAME OF OUR STADIUM?...WHERE DID WE GET NICK SABAN FROM?
just stuff like that to impede these bandwagoners
and keep up the integrity of our fans

Every fan jumps on the bandwagon at one time or another. To attempt to discriminate is idiotic and arbitrary. The person who may not know that much now might be an exceptionally passionate fan over time.

I think a lot of people are going overboard I've been a fan for 14 years of my life. I live in Tucson currently lived in Seattle before, let me tell you there are virtually NO local Dolphins Fans, no one really that I can interact with. As well, I usually perfer reading information then talking, but because of the forced register to the site I had to.

So, not ALL of us are bandwagoneers all the new people could be from different reasons (just finding the site, just choosing to interact with non-locals) but I think the biggest is the forced register to read the forums.

Adam First said:
Joe Robbie Stadium
Pro Player Stadium
Dolphins Stadium
whatever...

holy cow Adam... Yer giving yer age away, gunna have to send Welderpat over to teach ya some tradition.

I welcome all fans, even silly ones. Fill the stands, fill the streets, I want to see flags on cars, pennants on the boats at the sandbar, balloons at Publix!..the more Dolphin stuff I see the more people I say "hello Dolphin fan" to.

hi i am new to this site and i have been a fan since my brother became one (sorry my dad is a huge bucs fan, my brother became a fan because of Dan Marino.) but because i live in Tampa and dont see many games i truthfully dont know who all of our coaches or players are i mean i know the important ones but not all or even most but i like the idea to keep the bandwagoners off

I just moved to miami last year, and i browse this board occasionally for opinons and breaking news. This insane topic was the first to inspire me to post.

You people need to realize that sports organizations would fail without the bandwagon effect. Its essential. You are Miami sports fans for crying out loud. This town is the perfect example of badwagon sports fans. You need this phenomenan. I'm from the Tampa Bay area originally and I've learned from following the Bucs my whole life that without a bandwagon your team will die. The Bucs are a perfect example. As are the Devil Rays and Marlins. If you want to exclude the badwagon you are basically wishing that your franchise willl eventually wither and die. And if you think to yourself "This can't happen we're the Miami Freakin Dolphins". Go ask a Brooklyn Dodger, or New York Baseball Giants fan, LA Rams fan, or Oakland Raiders fan if he thought their team would ever move. Obviously the Dolphins are safe but don't alienate your fan base

cnc66 said:
holy cow Adam... Yer giving yer age away, gunna have to send Welderpat over to teach ya some tradition.

I welcome all fans, even silly ones. Fill the stands, fill the streets, I want to see flags on cars, pennants on the boats at the sandbar, balloons at Publix!..the more Dolphin stuff I see the more people I say "hello Dolphin fan" to.

Now there's someone that gets it. Welcome wagoneers!

It's kind of like Florida itself-once you're here, all the new people are ruining the state. But anyone who wasn't born here arrived at some point and helped ruin it for those that were here before!

finnyfan4life said:
I bet it makes you feel very proud to jump on with a team bc they are on the rise!

What are you talking about? You must've missed the post where I said I've been a Fin fan for almost 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom