Should we try to sign Derrius Guice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we try to sign Derrius Guice

Vol&dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
He probaly would be the best RB on our roster. Just had the charges against him dropped and would be young and cheap.

Really liked him coming out of LSU, but what has been his issues?

"Guice, 24, was initially charged with felony strangulation in addition to four misdemeanors for allegedly choking, pushing and destroying the cellphone of his then-girlfriend in a string of incidents that occurred during a six-month period in 2020. Guice could have faced prison time if convicted.

But Loudoun County prosecutors dropped the felony count earlier this year, and the settlement, known as an accord and satisfaction, brings to a close the balance of the case, which had been slated to go to trial this month."

More in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrius_Guice#Legal_issues

Seems like a shitty person, pass for that reason. But love to have that talent on the team

Like Guice at LSU... remember, even without the legal issues Guice struggled at times with the Redskins and had injury issues. Guess I'm just saying even if the legal situation never happended I'm not sure we've seen enough from Guice. I would rather stick with what Miamni has for now and maybe go after Rashad Penny, Royce Freeman, Sony Michel or maybe Le'veon Bell in July or AUgust if the price is right. Sure Penny, Freeman and Michel have their pros and cons too, but Ithink they've shown more flashes of talent than Guice has.

Bad knee injuries and just bad knees in general.

But he did average 5.8 ypc in his limited 42 carries in 2019.

His health is prob always going to be a problem and who knows if he's close to the same. But the injury he returned from and looked decent was a torn acl. This was a meniscus trim.

There's def possibilities that would excite me more. But I'd feel we improved the potential ceiling of our RB room more if I heard we signed Derrius over say a Le'veon.

"Guice, 24, was initially charged with felony strangulation in addition to four misdemeanors for allegedly choking, pushing and destroying the cellphone of his then-girlfriend in a string of incidents that occurred during a six-month period in 2020. Guice could have faced prison time if convicted.

But Loudoun County prosecutors dropped the felony count earlier this year, and the settlement, known as an accord and satisfaction, brings to a close the balance of the case, which had been slated to go to trial this month."

More in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrius_Guice#Legal_issues
I would pass on him.

Not the player Flores would keep at all. He got rid of Minkah for just WHINING. lmao

Bad knee injuries and just bad knees in general.

But he did average 5.8 ypc in his limited 42 carries in 2019.

His health is prob always going to be a problem and who knows if he's close to the same. But the injury he returned from and looked decent was a torn acl. This was a meniscus trim.

There's def possibilities that would excite me more. But I'd feel we improved the potential ceiling of our RB room more if I heard we signed Derrius over say a Le'veon.
While I wouldn't be excited about Bell for the long term, a one year deal to handle some of the chores with Gaskin and Brown wouldn't be bad. Bell is a good receiver and can still grind out 3 to 4 yards per carry. My biggest propblem with Bell is that he sounds like he still thinks he's the same player as his 2017 version.

Hard no for me. His charges being dropped have nothing to do with him being innocent. He committed multiple counts of aggressive domestic violence and paid his ex-gf off in a lop-hole in the law (reserved for rich people) to have the charges dropped because she received “sufficient compensation”.

I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but at the same time he should not be allowed to play in the NFL again. Don’t think anyone who does the things he did deserves to make millions of dollars to play a game.

How do you feel about keeping Xavien Howard...same situation with getting physical with a woman/significant other.
Is it really the same? Seems like Guice did a lot more than shove his lady, or have a dispute over what, a purse? Does X have any charges against him?

Back
Top Bottom