Should we try to sign Derrius Guice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we try to sign Derrius Guice

While I wouldn't be excited about Bell for the long term, a one year deal to handle some of the chores with Gaskin and Brown wouldn't be bad. Bell is a good receiver and can still grind out 3 to 4 yards per carry. My biggest propblem with Bell is that he sounds like he still thinks he's the same player as his 2017 version.
I never said trying out Bell would be the worst thing. I hope cuts yield better options though.

It wouldn't be a game changer, but he def could have enough left to contribute as one one of the top 3 in our rotation.

I just want us to make one solid addition on the cheap so we can kick another pair of tires in that RB room.

Yeah we should sign him and Deshaun Watson. Great character guys that you want to build around. Do you think Antonio Brown is available?

They all get along great with women.

Last edited:
Is it really the same? Seems like Guice did a lot more than shove his lady, or have a dispute over what, a purse? Does X have any charges against him?
I also read he may have raped two or three females at LSU, too! No thanks with him.

l

I was very vocal on that kid.. thought he was overrated coming out and also believed he blatantly lied about the questions at the combine which I thought was a huge red flag..

I’ll pass

Sounds like a genuinely terrible human being. He must be a great football player. I would like to see this guy get hit week in and week out by 250 behemoths. Sign his ass up.

Not the player Flores would keep at all. He got rid of Minkah for just WHINING. lmao
Dude he also have second chances to the Walton the running back , and several other guys who had issues in past. I love Flores but he will grab talent for his team just like anyone else would. Then if the player screws up on his watch he is gone but Flores isn’t above giving this guy a chance.

And become known as the Miami Misogynists.

No way!

Is it really the same? Seems like Guice did a lot more than shove his lady, or have a dispute over what, a purse? Does X have any charges against him?
Seems like Xavien did a lot more than shove his lady as well...slammed her against a mirror (which broke) scratches all over her body. To your question, no he doesn't have any charges against him...but he did have charges stemming from the 911 call by his fiance:

“My fiance continues to think he can just push me, throw me into the wall without me doing nothing just because of who he is. But it’s kind of getting to a point, it’s just like, it’s getting physical.”

She goes on to say:

“So every time a situation happens it’s always like, ‘Oh, don’t do this.’ Or, 'Oh, well, you’ll be OK. Don’t call the cops,’” she said. “But it’s like, OK, like him just pushing me into the mirror, grabbing my arm, grabbing me by my neck, like this is probably the last day that’s going to happen."

If Guise is a sh*tty person, then Howard has to be one as well...or does he get a pass because he's our All Pro sh*tty person?

For the record, I wouldn't want to sign Guise...but let's call a spade a spade.

Hard no for me. His charges being dropped have nothing to do with him being innocent. He committed multiple counts of aggressive domestic violence and paid his ex-gf off in a lop-hole in the law (reserved for rich people) to have the charges dropped because she received “sufficient compensation”.

I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but at the same time he should not be allowed to play in the NFL again. Don’t think anyone who does the things he did deserves to make millions of dollars to play a game.
Not to wander off topic too much, but I just gotta say I hate this way of thinking about people who have done something wrong. It's like you're saying "I want him to have a good life, but not a great life, because he doesn't deserve it anymore." It really bothers me that many people have this rather vindictive attitude toward people convicted of crimes. If he were to make millions playing football, he could afford lots of therapy sessions from the best therapists. That money could bring a lot of stability to him and the people closest to him. That's a great chance to break the cycle of abusive behavior that tends to be passed down from the generation before. Sorry for the rant but this just gets to me sometimes.
I am all for Guise being hugely successful, I am all for ThePeopleShow13 being hugely successful, I am all for me being hugely successful too! Fins up!

Back
Top Bottom