Should we try to sign Derrius Guice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we try to sign Derrius Guice

Do we get extra points for having outstanding human beings on our team?

cmon guys people deserve second chances. If he’s good enough give him that opportunity snd let him know if anything else ever happens he is done.

We shouldn’t write people off like this.

Strangulation/choking, i guess every ****-jitsu coward ****fighter should get arrested then.

Seems like Xavien did a lot more than shove his lady as well...slammed her against a mirror (which broke) scratches all over her body. To your question, no he doesn't have any charges against him...but he did have charges stemming from the 911 call by his fiance:

“My fiance continues to think he can just push me, throw me into the wall without me doing nothing just because of who he is. But it’s kind of getting to a point, it’s just like, it’s getting physical.”

She goes on to say:

“So every time a situation happens it’s always like, ‘Oh, don’t do this.’ Or, 'Oh, well, you’ll be OK. Don’t call the cops,’” she said. “But it’s like, OK, like him just pushing me into the mirror, grabbing my arm, grabbing me by my neck, like this is probably the last day that’s going to happen."

If Guise is a sh*tty person, then Howard has to be one as well...or does he get a pass because he's our All Pro sh*tty person?

For the record, I wouldn't want to sign Guise...but let's call a spade a spade.
Well one is currently still employed and one isn’t. I’d say the league doesn’t view them in the same light either

classic Dphinz, just here to stir the pot.

What I find difficult in situations like this is that we will never really know all the facts of Guice's alleged transgressions. When things like this don't go to trial the facts available to the public are rarely complete or accurate. This could have been a money grab, a setup or Guice could be a woman beater with no control over his temper or (more likely IMO) somewhere in-between those two extremes.

This is where we need to trust the front office to do their due diligence when they believe a player has the skillset necessary to help the team win games. If so then take the next step and see if the player is a culture/character fit with what Flo and Grier are building.

I think I have more faith in this front office/coach combo to do the right thing then I've had in in many years...

Last edited:
Dude did nothing with his opportunity in the NFL, no thanks. He's just a name at this point, Kareem hunt was a proven talent in the NFL, Guice hasn't done anything in the NFL, not worth it.

"Guice, 24, was initially charged with felony strangulation in addition to four misdemeanors for allegedly choking, pushing and destroying the cellphone of his then-girlfriend in a string of incidents that occurred during a six-month period in 2020. Guice could have faced prison time if convicted.

But Loudoun County prosecutors dropped the felony count earlier this year, and the settlement, known as an accord and satisfaction, brings to a close the balance of the case, which had been slated to go to trial this month."

More in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrius_Guice#Legal_issues
Whose that Cecil Collins.

Ray Rice’s girlfriend pushed the wrong elevator floor button. She got in Ray’s way when he “reflexively” tried to reach out and “correct her” (see Delbert Grady - The Shinning),

likely Derrius was simply trying to help adjust the collar on his girlfriends shirt and applied too many foot pounds of pressure per square inch to make it right.

A mistake anyone could make!!!

plus we can see now on the news how sane Lowden Co Va is/ I mean if his girlfriend was white she’s a racist and deserved it…

"Guice, 24, was initially charged with felony strangulation in addition to four misdemeanors for allegedly choking, pushing and destroying the cellphone of his then-girlfriend in a string of incidents that occurred during a six-month period in 2020. Guice could have faced prison time if convicted.

But Loudoun County prosecutors dropped the felony count earlier this year, and the settlement, known as an accord and satisfaction, brings to a close the balance of the case, which had been slated to go to trial this month."

More in detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrius_Guice#Legal_issues
Uh so that's a no on that one.

How many? I need to know the answer to this, especially when it's someone who has a record of getting them.
Stoobzy there is no real set answer here. Depends on the incidents, circumstances etc. I’m not in a position to judge other humans, it’s above my pay grade.

Well one is currently still employed and one isn’t. I’d say the league doesn’t view them in the same light either

classic Dphinz, just here to stir the pot.
Classic Travis34...

Just go with whatever way the foul wind is blowing.

You said that he seems like a bad person for a dropped domestic violence charge. I reminded you that our best player was in the same situation.

I asked you if Xavien Howard is a better bad person because he's a Dolphin. You inadvertently answered in the positive, while trying to rally a few people from around the bonfire with a Dphinz jab...

Typical...pathetic, but typical.

Too much baggage extending back to his college days.

Crazy thing is that since he's a RB and they can be a dime a dozen odds are he'll never play again.
But if he was a good QB, some team would take a flier on him

Back
Top Bottom