Should we try to sign Derrius Guice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we try to sign Derrius Guice

To me he should probably be in jail and not someone the Dolphins should want on their roster.

As most have said here, hard no to Cecil Collins part 2 here. Even without legal/character red flags he's blown a knee up every year and never done anything with the chances he did get.

This offensive line sky is falling post though, rather familiar refrain cuzinvinny but I'm pretty sure most folks are aware the O-line is quite important. Would you prefer our line from 2 years ago with Deiter starting at LT at times as a rookie? Would you prefer last year's line with 3 rookies, a scrub at center and a high-priced mediocre free agent at guard? Hopefully not, seems clear, terrible injuries aside, that our young line with 4 veterans now and one rookie tackle (top 40 pick talent) plus good depth, is poised to be much better than the last two O-lines this team has fielded. The situation is improving, if O-line is your be-all end-all then you should be ecstatic with the progress being made from Flores rookie year to the present. Now if the team hadn't invested the significant resources it did into the line the last 2 years I guess you would have a point but ... they did. Same situation we are in with Tua, Iggy and lots of young guys, looking for them to get better and improve with experience. Shocker!

If you don't see the need for 1 or 2 quality, again quality not hopeful wishing but known quality experienced vets and all the benefits they'd bring to the OL not counting their teaching technics and learned skills to the new kids and are comfortable with the non factual belief as you say, that our oL can achieve the level needed to be contenders well I just don't know what to say. (atleast that would be respectful )

If the OL is solid to your imagination (for I don't see much of factual reasoning in your explanation) or our OL is good because we spent the last 2 drafts picking up guys on the second tier (which we've done ) passing the top guys both years and thinking that 3 or even 4 of them can come in and compete consistently against the skilled experienced NFL DL they will face in their second year, 1st for Eichenberg as well...well go buy that Brooklyn bridge.

Your logic is non existent,"oh they will be better than last year" ...Great not so much pushing the envelope here.
"The situation is improving " evaluation from what they haven't even started playing yet

"Flores ability of great improvement" of the defense, Ya OL ...I'm still waiting not a real solid evaluation to base anything on IMO

Investment the last 2 YEARS Draft. Most sane people can see it's still a work in progress and needs a big foot up to be on the level hopefully we want to see.

Same situation we're in with Tua and Iggy and who ever, Oh that makes it ok.....come on

Oh wait we added Tackle TJ Fluker and center Skura and amazingly those two at the NFL on minimum salary, and still have those proven backup starters of Deiter and Davis. Playoffs here we come lol

Past up on 2 of the best FA Centers in the league and now passing some of the talented upgrading tackles.
But who needs a RT to protect our QB blind side since we all know how indestructible Tua is. And for that matter with flores's fooggie woogie and the unknown Skura and devastating part time starters of the past Deiter and Davis ....we will be fine..... OZ has spoken !

index.jpg

Nevermind Vinny, the sky is falling you're right. Very illogical to expect young talent to improve year to year I know. If you have no faith in young talent improving you're next post really should be about how screwed we are for not bringing in a proven, not hopeful wishing, QB! Why his teaching techniques and learned skills alone would would ... LOL Guess we'll just have to see how it shakes out. I saw improvement in the O-line from year 1 to year 2 and expect the same this year. Hopeful wishing sure but not illogical, actually kind of standard operating procedure in this league.

Not trying to bug you so will drop it but I just don't get the extreme pessimism there.

Guice is radioactive. Character concerns in HS. Character concerns in college. Character concerns in the NFL. Legal questions along the way. At some point guys are just not worth the headache no matter how talented you think they may be.

He wasnt even very good his short time in the NFL. He wasnt nearly as good as Kareem Hunt. He also has injury issues. I'd pass.

Back
Top Bottom