Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

Another issue is the depressed salary cap, not many teams out there have the cap space to sign him. Lots of pieces to a puzzle that makes a trade difficult...

Another issue is the depressed salary cap, not many teams out there have the cap space to sign him. Lots of pieces to a puzzle that makes a trade difficult...
It's a tough year to want to be paid as the best at any position in the NFL.

If only we had the foresight to sign X to a multi year extension before Covid decimated the salary cap number in the NFL

Oh wait!

It's a tough year to want to be paid as the best at any position in the NFL.

If only we had the foresight to sign X to a multi year extension before Covid decimated the salary cap number in the NFL

Oh wait!
His best shot is to suck it up and play another year and wait for the cap to go back up, bad timing on his and his agent's part. He has no leverage...

I still say the bigger issue is the zero guaranteed $$$ after the 2021 season. Howard and his agent know that if he gets seriously injured this year, next summer he would likely be released and then forced to sign somewhere on a below market value deal on a prove it type contract. I think Howard and is agent want to see his $$$ in 2022 and 2023 guaranteed. They might ask for an increase too, but the bigger deal is playing the 2021 season with no safety net protection financially if he should get injured this season. I think if the 2022 portion of his deal was guaranteed Howard would be in camp and any issues as far as $$$$ increase would be an ongoing discussion.

Jalen is 27 and X is 28.
At the start of the season those ages would be correct. None the less I stand corrected I didn’t realize X was still that young.

His injury risk is super high compared to Jalen. Should be interesting if it comes to that.

Back
Top Bottom