Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

You said 2019...going into 2020 (fantasizing over Tua's Bama highlights).

I ignored it, not dodged it, but IGNORED it because 2019 had nothing to do with the draft of 2022. There is no data to show what Tua would have averaged on the Dolphins in 2019. That's all just a Bat-Signal for Tua FANatics to crowd around this post and tell me how mean I am.

Meanwhile, in the real world ...Tua was benched twice, looked like sh*t on a stick, admitted that he didn't know a dumbed-down playbook, while our defense was one of the better units in the league and was led by a 1st team All-Pro---not Pro Bowl, but All-Pro defender.

Howard has proven himself. If anyone should be traded it should be Tua for either Rodgers or Watson.
See proved my point.

This had nothing to do with Tua nor did I initially mention him

You did. You took a comment about Howard's contribution in 2019 and made it about TUA.

Keep being a hater, it's all good. You clearly can't stay on topic.

It's OK to admit you were wrong.

Writing a lengthy response that has nothing to do with the original topic is not cleverly disguised simply because you say you ignored it.

You simply can't respond, because facts are facts.

This is why you are seen as a hater.

Also, please show one post by myself talking about Tuas Bama highlights.

I'll wait..

But when you can't find it, after you learn how to say "I was wrong" you should then learn how to apologize for claiming someone posted something they didn't.

2 minutes in the box for you sir

In the next few years there might not be a Miami Dolphins ...its sad

It is worth noting that Minkah was NOT playing at a pro-bowl level when he was with us.
He was one of the top rated slot CB’s in the entire league during his rookie season and probably the only reason he wasn’t selected to the pro bowl was because the Dolphins were a bad team during his rookie season.
The Steelers obviously though enough of him after his rookie season to give up a first round pick for him. Minkah is better than any safety now on the Dolphins roster and I still think it is a shame it didn’t work out with the Dolphins.
When they drafted him, Saban talked about how mature he was and how he could play any position in the secondary. For whatever reason, he didn’t have the same attitude with the Dolphins he had at Alabama. He wanted to be traded and the Dolphins did what was best for team cohesion by trading him.

Yet that doesn’t change my opinion that the Dolphins should do everything they can to keep the best players on their roster. Hopefully they can work things out with Howard but it won’t surprise me if they end up trading him. If they do, I just hope Iggy is ready to step up.

Ig
See proved my point.

This had nothing to do with Tua nor did I initially mention him

You did. You took a comment about Howard's contribution in 2019 and made it about TUA.

Keep being a hater, it's all good. You clearly can't stay on topic.

It's OK to admit you were wrong.

Writing a lengthy response that has nothing to do with the original topic is not cleverly disguised simply because you say you ignored it.

You simply can't respond, because facts are facts.

This is why you are seen as a hater.

Also, please show one post by myself talking about Tuas Bama highlights.

I'll wait..

But when you can't find it, after you learn how to say "I was wrong" you should then learn how to apologize for claiming someone posted something they didn't.

2 minutes in the box for you sir
Ignore is a great feature. When everyone ignores the troll he’ll go away

The fins should consider trading him if a great offer is presented
Absent of that offer force him to come to camp and honor his contract.

I don't see Miami caving into X's demands. Flo always preaches, culture, high character and loves football type of players. Our team is very young and plenty of new/extension contracts will be addressed in the next couple of years. Precedent needs to be set and redoing contracts after 2 years is not acceptable. X had his opportunity and agreed to a contract extension 2 years ago that already paid him close to $40 million. If we want more money it's going to have to come from another team. Dolphins are prepared to proceed without X. They drafted a 1st round CB and X contract was structured to get out early.

1624247627226.png

Tired of him always holding out after a big year. Trade him to Houston for Deshaun Watson. Poor guy was set up. He needs a new start.

The Rams traded a ton for Jalen Ramsey to go along with Aaron Donald and they are now the front runner in the NFC West.

I wonder if SF could be tempted to try to acquire a player like X to keep up with the Joneses so-to-speak?

They’ve got a nice defense if Bosa returns to form but haven’t signed Sherman yet and could definitely use a shut down corner who is younger.

I am not suggesting Miami should renegotiate Howard’s contract because the ramifications can set in motion the likelihood this type of renegotiation tactic becomes a standard moving forward.

However, to argue X’s production is not worth more money than his current contract is not sound.

In X’s career he averages an interception in 39.3% of his games. In the past 3 years, X has 18 interceptions in 33 games averaging an interception in 54.6% of his games.

To put what he did last year in context. X had more interceptions than 6 teams threw. Two more teams threw 10 interceptions. Seven more teams threw 11 interceptions. 25 teams threw 14 interceptions or less.

Comparing X to other “teams” defense. 10 teams made 10 interceptions or fewer. 19 teams made 12 interceptions or less.

X is a turnover machine!

I like Ramsey a lot as a player. Of course, he forced his way into being traded and into a new contract so I wouldn’t use him as a standard how X should just honor his contract.

From a production point would I take Howard’s average of intercepting a pass in 54.6% of the games the past 3 years or Ramsey who average’s an interception in 11.6% of the games the last 3 years?

I go with X.
The only issue with this is that X hasn't been that good in all the other stats that are important for CBs including tackles and games played. If last year was an anomaly as it relates to INTs he ends up falling out of the top 10 CBs in the league in career stats. Definitely not worth more money this year...

Now if he can get 10 picks this year let's talk about making X the highest paid corner in the league....again...

Gotta know some crucial details before jumping to conclusions but these dots aren't real hard to connect. This is looking more and more like an R Jones situation which is ironic when you think about it.

The fins caved to Jones -- a freaking strong safety ... literally the least important part of a defense -- and saw that hilariously not work out. Jones had a similar zero leverage but demanding more right after he signed thing going on ... it absolutely speaks to their character. But corner is different and X is worth his weight gold if he stays healthy and creates turnovers like he consistently does. So is trading a corner -- easily top 10 in the league -- in his prime really learning from past mistakes?

The fins do this to themselves, honestly. Give Jones that absurd contract then draft a corner in the 1st .... while X just dominates both of them. Give Baker $13 mil a year. Yeah, I'd want to be compensated accordingly after that noise too. He doesn't have much leverage so I doubt this goes on much longer but I could go either way here. He's shown enough 'I love me some me' **** that I would take a few high picks and move on even though he would be hugely missed.

All that and not a peep about X injury history and games missed. That’s amazing!

But the Dolphins are the ones wrong for protecting themselves by bringing in resources.

Wowo!

The Steelers obviously aren’t concerned with his complains as long as he continues to play at an all pro level. I understand why the Dolphins traded him but the fact is they traded a pro bowl caliber player for a draft pick and that pick was used to select a LT who may or may not end up being a solid player in the NFL.

My point was that trading Howard, who has proved he is an all pro CB and the best player on the defense for draft picks certainly doesn’t assure the player or players selected with those picks will be anywhere close to the player Howard is.

Yes! We remember you and a few other still can’t get over Minkah!

I think there's a canyon's difference between a poor team player and a guy who sees his job as a means to make money.

X isn't a cancer, isn't all talk and no action, isn't inconsistent, isn't publicly critical of the team, players or FO.

He's a very good player who's leveraging while he can, at the peak of his production.

If you honestly believe that all pros welcome the rookies in with open arms to come steal their jobs, i don't know what to say. Some are selfless in that regard but most talk publicly about making the team better while privately they'll be focussed on their own personal priorities.

That doesn't mean they have to accede to X's demands. But it's a purely financial decision as long as X performs and doesn't hurt the team dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom