Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

- If X will only wants a small bump in pay (maybe to just barely pass Jones nominally) or to just guarantee some of the next year or two, we keep him. Don't cut off our nose to spite our face. If and when other of our players have a top 2-3 season at their position, we can deal with it then.

-If X wants a huge bump, all guaranteed. and we get a good trade offer ( 2 high picks or more) we trade.

-If X wants only a reasonable bump, but we also get a great trade offer from a team in "win this year mode" ? Tough choice, but a good situation.

- If X wants an huge bump, and we don't get any decent trade offers - tough choice, bad situation.

- I think our braintrust is taking a middle ground, God lies in the details stance.

Needham was very good for most of the year and I was surprised when they signed Coleman to take a run at him, but this always meant Iggy would likely remain on the boundary.

As far as drafting Iggy, that may have been due to the uncertainty of Howard being able to come back from his injury. There seems to have been some doubt on Miami's part. Iggy may have been insurance, in case Howard couldn't go full out?

I think if Howard wants to go to (and hopefully win) a SB) he should stay and honor his contract. If he wants to hold out and not honor his contract. Then see ya. I won't miss him a bit. Sorry, I'm really getting tired of players signing contracts, then in a year or two, say they want more.

This just confirms, it might be best to part ways. He's obviously a me first player.
Crowder on radio once said, every NFL player is their own company. They are their own LLC Inc. The company has about eight years to generate revenue. Loyalty and team first are a myth. If a productive veteran player got seriously injured, team will cut him without a second thought.

Look at it as two companies entering into contract negotiate while one company is not satisfy with the current arrangement.

Last edited:
As far as drafting Iggy, that may have been due to the uncertainty of Howard being able to come back from his injury. There seems to have been some doubt on Miami's part. Iggy may have been insurance, in case Howard couldn't go full out?
He had both health AND legal issues hanging over him... to put those aside and have a great year is a testament to his determination, but the fact that those issues exist at all... can't be ignored either. If you focus JUST on the one year performance and leave out the multiple surgeries and character concerns, you are probably in the pay X contingent.

I think if Howard wants to go to (and hopefully win) a SB) he should stay and honor his contract. If he wants to hold out and not honor his contract. Then see ya. I won't miss him a bit. Sorry, I'm really getting tired of players signing contracts, then in a year or two, say they want more.
Honor... it's an old fashioned sort of word.

Men used to be willing to die rather than go back on an agreement that they'd only sealed with a handshake, now honor is considered quaint... a weakness, something to be laughed at.

Honor... it's an old fashioned sort of word.

Men used to be willing to die rather than go back on an agreement that they'd only sealed with a handshake, now honor is considered quaint... a weakness, something to be laughed at.
This is a bit different. Club can cut him anytime before the contract expire.

Yes, those are the rules that the players agreed to via their contract with the league. So... they put their honor on the line and agreed to the terms.
Thy players must fall on thy sword for HONOR!!!!!
Drama queen much? It's hysterical how you incorporate this flaw into your business argument.
Please keep going, very entertaining.

Yes, those are the rules that the players agreed to via their contract with the league. So... they put their honor on the line and agreed to the terms.
So the players agreed on an uneven businesses agreement, and they must honor it. If its so black and white, why hold out exist? Why the club never went on court and forced players come to camp?

Yes. As we found out with Tunsil, we should always consider trading any of our players. Nothing wrong with being prudent and listening to offers for any of our guys. It doesn't mean we have to make the trade. The goal is to try and make our team better and sustain long-term success.
And we found w Fitzpatrick that doesn't always work out (talent-wise).

Not trying to knock AJax, just saying. And I get that Fitz hadn't done what X has for the team, and he was much more of a distraction.

Point is we don't simply win every one of these trades.

Back
Top Bottom