Shout Out to Austin Jackson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shout Out to Austin Jackson

Tua threw for 466 yards on 45 attempts and never got sacked while going up against Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack. That doesn’t happen without superlative OT play. Jackson has gotten a ton of crap on here: he just played the best game of his life.

Lamm was also very, very good.
I stated during the preseason that I thought Jackson was going to be vastly improved this season. He played fairly well last year before he was injured and I think he has finally matured into a competent NFL player.

Hopefully he can get through the year without any more injury issues,

So I was only able to watch sporadically on my phone, so not a clear picture, and obviously 0 sacks deserves big props, but watching sporadically without commentary it really looked like Tua was eluding a lot of pressure but he dud a fantastic job at that today.

Tua threw for 466 yards on 45 attempts and never got sacked while going up against Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack. That doesn’t happen without superlative OT play. Jackson has gotten a ton of crap on here: he just played the best game of his life.

Lamm was also very, very good.
Well said. 👏

So I was only able to watch sporadically on my phone, so not a clear picture, and obviously 0 sacks deserves big props, but watching sporadically without commentary it really looked like Tua was eluding a lot of pressure but he dud a fantastic job at that today.

It looked like that to me on a big screen,
Tua "did his job" and did it well.

Joey Bosa is so overrated. Nick way better than him. Mack is probably washed up.
So glad the O-line didn’t let these overatted players wreck havoc

I’ve been re-watching parts of today’s game and I saw AJ completely handle Bosa a few times.

While Joey is a good player, Nick has been a lot better than him for quite some time. Both were awesome at tOSU, but IMO Nick was more dominant and has surely been the better pro.

Mack got really close to disrupting Tua on that step up deep throw late in the game, but Captain Clutch just got it off in time.

I have not seen if that first fumble was Williams or Tua. Is there a final assessment of that yet?
Tua on both. They were clean snaps. Connor had a few low ones in shotgun, but the fumbles aren't on him. Even on the sideline Tua was like "my bad bro" and trying to keep the big guys locked in.

Staley when asked about lack of pressure, he more or less said no time except on those long third downs.

I stated during the preseason that I thought Jackson was going to be vastly improved this season. He played fairly well last year before he was injured and I think he has finally matured into a competent NFL player.

Hopefully he can get through the year without any more injury issues,
Spot on comment.

My fellow Dolphin fans would do well to remember the thoughts on Austin Jackson prior to the draft. If they did, they’d be reminded that he was considered to have a high ceiling, but was young for an LT prospect (age 20 at the time of the draft), and scouts pretty much all agreed that he’d need 2-3 years to continue growing into his frame before he could handle the physical rigors of playing LT at the professional level.

More than a couple scouts felt Jackson should have played 1 more year at USC prior to entering the draft due to his age and the fact that the season before, he had donated bone marrow to his sister. So he came into the league a little more raw than your standard 1st round pick at his position. Almost every scouting report had him with a 1st round grade, but warned that he’d need more seasoning before being ready. Then he had his first NFL offseason eradicated by the covid epidemic.

Frustrating injuries have followed, but today showed that Jackson can be EXACTLY what we all hoped he could become. Now the question is health. If the kid finally turns the corner on the injury front, he can be a pro bowl level Tackle for the next 8-10 seasons.

Today made it seem like maybe, just maybe Chris Grier knows what the hell he’s doing. Let’s hope it continues…

I wouldn't bet on him being the next Jackie Slater just yet. He's definitely improving, and if he can stay healthy, then by seasons end he may prove worthy of his draft status.

Personally, I'm sick of all this moving around. It used to be rare, but now it's a common occurrence. As far as I'm concerned, it's the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders... and that's the way it's going to stay (in my head)!
I guess you still prefer to call teams the St Louis Rams, the Baltimore Colts, the Chicago Cardinals and maybe going back to the really good old days of yesteryear with the Dayton Triangles in the 1920's.

Last edited:
Plenty hated on the selection of the new O Line coach Head coach fired
i think that also helped in the victory .
definitely something to continue to build and improve on.
it’s Early.

Back
Top Bottom