Shout Out to Austin Jackson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shout Out to Austin Jackson

I didn't get to watch the game yet on NFL+ Premium, but "botched snaps" suggests to me that they need a real Center. (Unless it was Tua fumbling a good snap.) Williams had bad snaps in every preseason game, so this would make four games in a row.
Unfortunately this is going to be an issue all season - meaning, Williams wasn’t good at it last year and obviously didn’t practice it during the off-season because he was worse at it yesterday if that’s even possible. He was terrific at blocking people but holy hell his ball-snapping is atrocious

Unfortunately this is going to be an issue all season - meaning, Williams wasn’t good at it last year and obviously didn’t practice it during the off-season because he was worse at it yesterday if that’s even possible. He was terrific at blocking people but holy hell his ball-snapping is atrocious

I just don't think it's natural/second nature to him yet.
College he was a Tackle and in Dallas he was a Guard. Dallas did try to get him some snaps in preseason as a backup center, but even then he had a few erratic snaps from the shotgun. Forget where I read it but it was posted that centers should have around 10,000 total snaps(practice games etc) in their entire career(HS, college NFL) to feel comfortable.

I just don't think it's natural/second nature to him yet.
College he was a Tackle and in Dallas he was a Guard. Dallas did try to get him some snaps in preseason as a backup center, but even then he had a few erratic snaps from the shotgun. Forget where I read it but it was posted that centers should have around 10,000 total snaps(practice games etc) in their entire career(HS, college NFL) to feel comfortable.
But then he should have snapped it a few thousand times in the off-season.

The OL did a great job at pass protection. Not to complain after a win but run blocking was not very good but again, hard to complain after a win like that. We're a passing offense and will continue to be so it they can improve a bit at run blocking then we'll be fine all year

I guess you still prefer to call teams the St Louis Rams, the Baltimore Colts, the Chicago Cardinals and maybe going back to the really good old days of yesteryear with the Dayton Triangles in the 1920's.
Cleveland Rams

But no, they'll always be the LAmbs.

Been saying it on AJax.

Even back to last year in TC, that was when he was turning the corner.

The Finside guys, back when they used to do their YT, told me I was an idiot.

I posted those two players stats against Miami prior to this game. It was a combined .5 sacks.

People epically blowing them out of proportion.
I do not follow the chargers but that stat is a surprise

The oline did a great job yesterday. Even though there were 13 pressures I only really saw one truly bad play when Lamm was blown to bits by a Bosa Bull rush.

Tua played a major part in the success with elite pocket movement and getting the ball out quickly.

Obviously we all want AJ to ball out this year, the downside to that is he will need a new contract afterwards.

The oline did a great job yesterday. Even though there were 13 pressures I only really saw one truly bad play when Lamm was blown to bits by a Bosa Bull rush.

Tua played a major part in the success with elite pocket movement and getting the ball out quickly.

Obviously we all want AJ to ball out this year, the downside to that is he will need a new contract afterwards.
That's a downside? Usually players need to be paid! Lol

Back
Top Bottom