Shout out to the Offensive Line | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shout out to the Offensive Line

Yeah being a backup center is better than being a complete bust. Sometimes the light bulb comes on later in career for some lineman, hopefully that will be the case for eich. I cant wait until after the bye when we should have pretty much everyone back healthy for the last 8 games.

I'm not going to go Flippy floppy on Eich week by week. He needs to go, he is not a good football player.

I do give a lot of credit to the O-Line like many here. I thought we were deficient going into the season but it looks like they are well coached and run the scheme McDaniel has. To that end, I believe a large portion of the O-Line success is the meaningful decision McDaniel made to run a scheme that has the ball out of Tua's hands after 2.3 seconds. No matter how bad your O-Line is, much of that deficiency can be masked if the scheme has the ball out of the QB's hands that fast.

This is where we have seen the achilles heel of this offense, though. The Eagles and Bills took away Tua's first reads and when they forced Tua to hold the ball for 3 seconds or longer it turned into sacks or bad throws.

They were talking about Jackson on S Fla sports radio yesterday. They were talking about the Pro Bowl season he's putting together! He got healthy, stronger and coached up!! Credit to Coach Barry who is without a doubt a genius!! Think about the oline's we've seen around here.
Good for him. Just in time to get that big FA contract w another team!!! Lol but of course !

I think center is the best spot for him.....he doesn’t have long arms to play OT and he's not very big to play guard.......he's only played 4 or 5 games at center though so if he can be a good backup center than it's fine with me
And he’s snapping the ball better than Williams if we’re being honest :)

Been watching various all angle highlights. Not only 0 sacks and pressures yesterday, but AJ was f@#kin stonewalling the various Pats. His insane "getting to the 2nd and 3rd level" blocking might have to wait for A-Chan's return.

I miss Football Outsiders a lot, but I respect PFF's effort, and they're right a lot. But they're significantly low on AJack's score.

...and THAT is the key... depth.

All through the offseason, FH was buried in threads screaming that we hadn't done enough with the line.

Clearly... those threads, those posts, those brothers were wrong. We've put together a pretty nice group of zone-blocking linemen.

You mean all the armchair quarterbacks who think they are an expert and football god?

The 1 "rich" poster whose anti-Grier rants on this subject has been awful quiet

Back
Top Bottom