SI: Tannehill to be most improved QB in 2014 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI: Tannehill to be most improved QB in 2014

I am still a Tannehill supporter and he has shown that he has the tools to succeed. And I think he will.

With that said, he was expected to be the most improved from last season too... he improved, but he definitely didn't take the HUGE (almost unrealistic?) jump expected of him. If he improves at the consistency of last season he could be an above average QB and lead us to a winning record.

IF Miami had the O-line and RB consistency of 2012, maybe the big leap would have happened, but they took a huge nosedive on both those positions....It's amazing enough that Tannehill had the year he did, with all that was happening around him.

It's the latter, but because it's what we want to hear, we don't care about the credibility of who said it, or on what it's based -- we just believe it. :chuckle:

That's not true, it's pretty clear it's not what you want to hear.

I don't think we can say whose fault it is with any certainty, but we do know that Tannehill's performance wasn't correlated with running game variables. He didn't play any better himself when the running game fared better, and he didn't play any worse when it fared worse.

Well you found the one area of his game in which he improved along a decent trajectory (though it could be argued, again, that his increase in TD passes represented none other than TD runs from the year before that weren't scored again in 2013), though I strongly doubt you or anyone else is willing to put money on that trajectory's remaining as steep. In other words it's an "exception to the rule" that really isn't an exception.

:crazy:

That's not true...
Really. Compare this thread with one that says something negative about Tannehill by a media source, and look at the difference in the responses, along the lines of how much the source's credibility and expertise are questioned, if not downright denigrated.

And once again, YPA is unrelated to sacks, either game-to-game for the Dolphins in 2013, or for all NFL QBs who've thrown at least 500 passes in a season since 1994. Passing efficiency isn't where it needs to be to score more TDs, and it isn't because of the offensive line.

All bull**** as usual.

Really. Compare this thread with one that says something negative about Tannehill by a media source, and look at the difference in the responses, along the lines of how much the source's credibility and expertise are questioned, if not downright denigrated.

That's because the negative articles are wrong, obviously.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't watching you.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Well we're all free to believe whatever we'd like. :)

I agree. You are fee to believe nonsense. You exercise that right daily.

Well you found the one area of his game in which he improved along a decent trajectory (though it could be argued, again, that his increase in TD passes represented none other than TD runs from the year before that weren't scored again in 2013), .

So everything remains the same from year to year? Defenses are the same? The game plan is the same? Ect...

When Baltimore had 10 less rushing TDs in 2013 compared to 2012, that means Joe Flacco should have had 10 more TDs? Why did he have 3 fewer with 84 more pass attempts?

When NE had 6 less rushing TDs in 2013 compared to 2012, that means Brady should have 6 more TD passes? Why did he have 9 less TDs with only 9 fewer pass attempts?

I can't wait for next year's excuse of. Ohhhh we had anew offensive coordinator.... Lmao. Bye tannehill

So everything remains the same from year to year? Defenses are the same? The game plan is the same? Ect...

When Baltimore had 10 less rushing TDs in 2013 compared to 2012, that means Joe Flacco should have had 10 more TDs? Why did he have 3 fewer with 84 more pass attempts?

When NE had 6 less rushing TDs in 2013 compared to 2012, that means Brady should have 6 more TD passes? Why did he have 9 less TDs with only 9 fewer pass attempts?
The stat that takes all of these surrounding variables into consideration best is DVOA, and Tannehill barely improved at all with regard to it from 2012 to 2013:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2012

Back
Top Bottom