Sign Up For the 2015 #MetLifeTakeover! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thats excactly what I going to do... She was like well they`re not going to to do anything stupid if you`re with your 3 YO son... Drunk people do studip stuff sometimes was my response... And Im not saying that because its the Jets... everyone gets drunk and does stupid things sometimes... Anyway, better safe than sorry... Might bring to a baseball game though...

You got it!
Bringing the kids means your time would be spent babysitting and keeping an eye out for idiots the whole time.
Leaving the kids home allows you to focus on pounding back some brewskis and getting to enjoy watching Miami smoke the jets!

Drunk people do do stoopid things. Rival games increase that a little bit.
I have watched Miami @ Giants Stadium twice for jets home games and it was as expected.
Some drunk idiots and some drunk normal fans. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be making the Jax game my 8th game. I also have no qualms about not having a Jet's home game and it being replaced by London. I'm reveling in the fact that the transplant ****tards won't be able to see their gangly green team this year.

I'm doing Jax with a buddy this year. I hope as it gets closer, there will be more discussion about fans going and I can find out the sections where I need to buy tickets for.

I twill likely be cold around that time but we get occasional warm days that late in November.

to take a 3 year old to a road game is tough unless you are sitting in suite or coach's club. For the most part if you go in there respectful you shouldn't see any problems but there are idiots at every game in every stadium so I'd lean toward suggesting not to take a 3 year old.

I'm not sure what age I'd ever take my daughter. 10 or above is likely. Not a chance in hell at 3 IMHO.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

yes, meaning we have many more fans in the stadium than you do in ours.

Ok. Even if that was true (no way to know), you can certainly see why that is right?

I'm not sure what age I'd ever take my daughter. 10 or above is likely. Not a chance in hell at 3 IMHO.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Ok. Even if that was true (no way to know), you can certainly see why that is right?

My son was almost 3 when we took him to his first game, my daughter was 3.

You will tell me about transplants but we have a big dolphin fan population up here. the Jets and Giants were awful in the 70s and all the great 70s teams have a lot of fans around here b/c of that. Miami, Dallas, Pitt and Oak.

Not even close.

It’s so bad you guys gave up a home game.

I used to hate seeing all the Miami fans at Jet home games, then I went to one in Miami. It wasn’t close, I haven’t been down there in a long time but I hear it’s like that every game.

My son was almost 3 when we took him to his first game, my daughter was 3.

You will tell me about transplants but we have a big dolphin fan population up here. the Jets and Giants were awful in the 70s and all the great 70s teams have a lot of fans around here b/c of that. Miami, Dallas, Pitt and Oak.

I used to hate seeing all the Miami fans at Jet home games, then I went to one in Miami. It wasn’t close, I haven’t been down there in a long time but I hear it’s like that every game.

I've never been to a Jets home game but I have been to Miami when playing the Jets. It was on a Sunday Night Football game and there definitely were a good amount of Jets fans there. It's easy to see why Miami is a "bad" spot for a pro team. If I wasn't a Dolphins fan, I'd love to go to Miami to see my NFL team play there. It's my favorite place in the world. What's better than going to Miami for a weekend, partying, going to the beach, and seeing football....especially in Nov or Dec where it's cold up north or in the Midwest?

I've never been to a Jets home game but I have been to Miami when playing the Jets. It was on a Sunday Night Football game and there definitely were a good amount of Jets fans there. It's easy to see why Miami is a "bad" spot for a pro team. If I wasn't a Dolphins fan, I'd love to go to Miami to see my NFL team play there. It's my favorite place in the world. What's better than going to Miami for a weekend, partying, going to the beach, and seeing football....especially in Nov or Dec where it's cold up north or in the Midwest?

NY is a big tourist area too even in the fall/winter.

:bobdole: We gave up a home game for a shot at an earlier SB bid.

I've been to just about every Fin vs Jet game in Miami since '93. It's easily 85-90% Dolphin fans. Which is still an impressive 8-10,000 Jet fans (12-15,000 max in the worst case scenarios) but it's nowhere near this "takeover" that you speak of.

Most of the people that live in Miami came from somewhere else. I was born and raised there but that is the exception. People do not move to NY when they retire they come south so yes there are tons of Jets and Giants fans in Miami.
Never heard anyone say when I'm old and grey i want to move to NY. That's just the facts.
Heck even your pal Vaark was born there. He just had the good sense to become a Dolphin fan :)

:bobdole: We gave up a home game for a shot at an earlier SB bid.

I've been to just about every Fin vs Jet game in Miami since '93. It's easily 85-90% Dolphin fans. Which is still an impressive 8-10,000 Jet fans but it's nowhere near this "takeover" that you speak of.

you could have given up a home game to a different team I am sure.

But your one section is a “takeover”?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Most of the people that live in Miami came from somewhere else. I was born and raised there but that is the exception. People do not move to NY when they retire they come south so yes there are tons of Jets and Giants fans in Miami.
Never heard anyone say when I'm old and grey i want to move to NY. That's just the facts.
Heck even your pal Vaark was born there. He just had the good sense to become a Dolphin fan :)

People don’t move to NY when they retire, they move there when they are young trying to make it. they don’t convert to fans of NY teams(for the most part).

Back
Top Bottom