Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

I think this is only a half statement.

Let's look more at their productivity o ce they DID start.

Did they eclipse the magic 300 yard marker? TD to INT of 2 to 1or better?

What was their productivity trajectory?

Did it consistently rise? Or peaks and valleys?

Why did they go overlooked in the draft? Is there something hidden in the reasons players are overlooked that could be an indicator of success moreso than the current metrics used by FOs?

"Why did they (QB's) go overlooked in the draft? Is there something hidden in the reasons players are overlooked that could be an indicator of success more so than the current metrics used by FOs?"

This is the question we should be working on!

If we get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick and trade up to draft Tua this place is going to be fun. I imagine this will be the anti Tua peoples reaction.

SCANNERS.gif

If we get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick and trade up to draft Tua this place is going to be fun. I imagine this will be the anti Tua peoples reaction.

SCANNERS.gif
Heck... can you imagine the reaction from the Tua Cultists if we pass on their savior?

Oh man... Scanners times 10.

Then they will take one of the others - lol

Many ways to build a team -

I fully expect the phins to take a QB next year. If Flores likes Rosen, it will be on the third day. If he doesn't, it will be with the first pick.

I dont think that is even debatable... is it?

Meanwhile the Colts and 49ers continue to prove you win
on the LOS and having a "transcendent QB" (whatever the
hell that night be) is secondary to a complete TEAM!

It's like amazing!

:lol:

Hahaha Yeah through a quarter of the season. Lets see who comes through at the end of the season when it counts. I envision Tommy, Mahomes, and Brees to be there in the end.

I fully expect the phins to take a QB next year. If Flores likes Rosen, it will be on the third day. If he doesn't, it will be with the first pick.

I dont think that is even debatable... is it?
If Flores likes Rosen enough to bypass the QB position in next years offseason... The picks wont matter, nothing will matter... The Fins will be officially ****ed!

Since we currently are loaded, and I do mean loaded, with early round draft picks; why should we worry about winning a few games and getting better as the season progresses?

I would like to see some positive results from the coaching staff with the players we have. If they can prevail in a few games with what we have on the field now, we should be dramatically better with the effects of the next two drafts. If the coaching can't do something, and I mean a little bit better and more consistent then the first 6 games we play this season, then there is no reason to suppose they will do that much better with our upcoming draftees.

On the other hand, those hoping we fail as much as possible to ensure the earliest picks possible, also seem to be the ones complaining that we never draft well any way. If our drafting is always such an overwhelming failure, how will more or earlier draft picks fix that? When we see the averages of an early draft pick living up to their anticipated performance in the NFL are around 50%, that makes the chances of getting a lot better in a hurry very remote.

What we need to see the most this year is the development of our new coaching staff into an effective unit. This will be the engine that will drive the Dolphins to success more then the "heroics" of any individual player. Have we forgotten this is the ultimate TEAM SPORT?

Yes......getting the number 1 overall is critical...if Tua or another rare prospect is there it changes everything...plus it gives us the first overall on day 2.

Look at it this way guys. We dealt Tunsil and Fitz for two extra 1st round picks. Neither are looking all that good with their new teams.

If we have to package all 3 first 1st round picks to get a franchise QB so be it. Current rules allow that QB to be viable to a age of 40+ providing he has a good OL to protect him. We have the money to buy an OL and we already have the backup QB on the cheap. Not to mention we already have a load of draft picks the following year.

If we offer a 3rd, a 7th, and the 20th pick to move up to the 1st many teams might take that considering the number of QB prospects in this upcoming draft (it is bad value for us). I wouldn't be thrilled with this outcome but if it is what it takes to get what the FO deems the "only franchise QB" in this draft I'm down with it.

PS Ray, seems we don't have such a different viewpoint after all. Just comes down to our trust in the FO's ability to "pull it off". Sometimes you have to suck to be great again. At the very least we shouldn't be expecting the same old stuff for the the next few years.

Look at it this way guys. We dealt Tunsil and Fitz for two extra 1st round picks. Neither are looking all that good with their new teams.

If we have to package all 3 first 1st round picks to get a franchise QB so be it. Current rules allow that QB to be viable to a age of 40+ providing he has a good OL to protect him. We have the money to buy an OL and we already have the backup QB on the cheap. Not to mention we already have a load of draft picks the following year.

If we offer a 3rd, a 7th, and the 20th pick to move up to the 1st many teams might take that considering the number of QB prospects in this upcoming draft (it is bad value for us). I wouldn't be thrilled with this outcome but if it is what it takes to get what the FO deems the "only franchise QB" in this draft I'm down with it.

PS Ray, seems we don't have such a different viewpoint after all. Just comes down to our trust in the FO's ability to "pull it off". Sometimes you have to suck to be great again. At the very least we shouldn't be expecting the same old stuff for the the next few years.

Actually Tunsil is rated as the 3rd best OT through the last 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom