Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

flores might just be the tanking coach. I think it's a real possibility that a new coach might get to draft Tua in the offseason.
i guess its certainly possible that they'd pay Flores 5 years worth of salary for just filling the spot for the 1 year.

There are some good points in the OP. The main thing I want too see is improvement in every facet of the game. I want too see better player selections for games from coaches, i want to see better coaching and half time adjustments, better play all round from every player, every part of the team. If this happens, and we are competitive, pushing hard week in week out, with luck, wins will come. If not, and Rosen shows that he is a leader, he improves and does his best, then we cant ask any more.

If we fail to win a game, I wont be happy, but it is what it is. If we get the number 1 pick, then so be it. Would I like Tua, yes, but if someone offers us a kings ransom then take it, load up, and fill spots of need, and my god, there is a lot of need.

I just want the team to be competitive again.

I can not even believe that you're actually a moderator.
Staff members have also opinions and are Dolphins fans. You are not here long enough to understand this. Or are you?
If you can't handle discussing anything with a moderator maybe you should stop responding. Neither you nor I have the luxury of putting each other on ignore so I suggest you simply stop responding to my posts. This is certainly my last post to you and I will ignore all other responses in the future because someone who always goes back to "oh you are a moderator" rah rah rah is certainly not worth my time.

Have a wonderful weekend.

28% of Super Bowls won by a #1 overall QB pick.

1st pick QBs "rarely successful"

Right, cause Bradshaw, Aikman, Elway, Peyton, and Eli didn't have any great players along side them.....they did it by themselves cause they were drafted #1.....

tongue-out-emoticon-vector-stock_gg57065457.jpg

:lol:

If Flores likes Rosen enough to bypass the QB position in next years offseason... The picks wont matter, nothing will matter... The Fins will be officially ****ed!

Thus spake the Cult...

There are some good points in the OP. The main thing I want too see is improvement in every facet of the game. I want too see better player selections for games from coaches, i want to see better coaching and half time adjustments, better play all round from every player, every part of the team. If this happens, and we are competitive, pushing hard week in week out, with luck, wins will come. If not, and Rosen shows that he is a leader, he improves and does his best, then we cant ask any more.

If we fail to win a game, I wont be happy, but it is what it is. If we get the number 1 pick, then so be it. Would I like Tua, yes, but if someone offers us a kings ransom then take it, load up, and fill spots of need, and my god, there is a lot of need.

I just want the team to be competitive again.
It is only week 6, and this after we made several last minute cuts of expected contributors in favor of waiver wire guys who are just now learning the playbook.
We should improve... maybe not much, but we will see.

It is only week 6, and this after we made several last minute cuts of expected contributors in favor of waiver wire guys who are just now learning the playbook.
We should improve... maybe not much, but we will see.
What is improvement?? A second half score??

That worked out really well the last time this team did that with Dion Jordan and Charles Harris. Yeah let’s head down that path again.....
I honestly would be sick to my stomach if they use another 1st round pick on another DE.
Have some Pepto ready the next two Aprils cuz with a total lack of natural pass rush ability on our roster and likely 5+ 1st rounders, I think the chance of getting a DE (or at least a hybrid DE/LB) in the first is pretty high in the next two drafts.

Have some Pepto ready the next two Aprils cuz with a total lack of natural pass rush ability on our roster and likely 5+ 1st rounders, I think the chance of getting a DE (or at least a hybrid DE/LB) in the first is pretty high in the next two drafts.
Approaching 100%.

IMO, the gap between Tua and Rosen is significant, as is the gap between Tua and whomever you want to pick as QB2 in this upcoming draft. I think all fans want to see solid play and player development, but I'm tired of "feeling positive" about winning progress. Been there too many times. It's time for this franchise to go all in.

I get tired of seeing blow outs every week, but i understand and trust the process. i dont think this is a tank for tua, i never will say that. i will bang the hammer this is a full on blow up and rebuild. Would it be nice to see us still have LT, yes, but who's to say he wouldnt price himself out of our range, we gave #1 money to X to stay and he's our #1 but not the #1.

that said, i can handle us winning a few games...if and only if Rosen can show he's without a shadow of a doubt deserving of the top 10 selection he was. If Rosen continues his current play (which hasnt been horrible until his second half forcing stuff) then wins would be meaningless because we do need to advance in a QB high. Thats the problem some people arent realizing in this thread, some of us dont want to win for the sake of saying "yay we won a game" we want to win because HOPEFULLY that means Rosen is tearing it up (as much as possible with this offense), or everyone around him is starting to gel and coaching is looking great. If we realize we can fill some of the holes internally with surprise development with a couple of the scraps we picked up, then we could actually afford to trade a little draft capital to move up.

Lets say some how by the end of the season our OL is somehow solidified under Googs. Then that could take the desperate need of a couple starters out of the picture for next year, you can save that 25 million you were going to use to solidify the OL in FA and spend on an edge rusher and then bam thats a couple less spots you need to stress in the draft.

we cant have meaningless wins, but we can win. but if rosen throws for 1200 yards 12 tds and like 2 picks the next 4 weeks, and we win 3 out of 4...awesome, but then if he turns around and the following 4 weeks and throws for 800 2 tds and 6 picks. then those wins were almost meaningless unless we see the Defense give up like 10 points a game...

so meaningless wins...no we cant afford to get them (even though i'd never root against the team, i just understand, short term sacrifice for long term gain)

meaningfull wins, hell yeah

Back
Top Bottom