Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

We are just a quarter of the way there, stay strong.

I respect that opinion. There's a difference between what individual fans WANT and what Flo and company will do. Whether I or we like it, Flo will decide if Rosen is 'good enough.'

As for the roster, despite the pessimistic view of some, there is talent on the team. No, not All Pro, but a number of players who are at least average - good enough to reduce the positions of critical need. And 12 games to see if anyone grows into a position next year

Ihanks
I agree with you saying there is some talent there
My issue Flores seems to be reluctant to use it
Drake should be getting most of the touches but he is always giving time to Ballage, whom I think we all have had enough of for now and want to see the other backs...but No
I do not get to see much of the games in their entirety but I really do feel I am seeing way too much of Aikens with starters

i just think that is some of the stubbornness I am speaking of
was the same with R Fitz...he never should have been named starter

I get tired of seeing blow outs every week, but i understand and trust the process. i dont think this is a tank for tua, i never will say that. i will bang the hammer this is a full on blow up and rebuild. Would it be nice to see us still have LT, yes, but who's to say he wouldnt price himself out of our range, we gave #1 money to X to stay and he's our #1 but not the #1.

that said, i can handle us winning a few games...if and only if Rosen can show he's without a shadow of a doubt deserving of the top 10 selection he was. If Rosen continues his current play (which hasnt been horrible until his second half forcing stuff) then wins would be meaningless because we do need to advance in a QB high. Thats the problem some people arent realizing in this thread, some of us dont want to win for the sake of saying "yay we won a game" we want to win because HOPEFULLY that means Rosen is tearing it up (as much as possible with this offense), or everyone around him is starting to gel and coaching is looking great. If we realize we can fill some of the holes internally with surprise development with a couple of the scraps we picked up, then we could actually afford to trade a little draft capital to move up.

Lets say some how by the end of the season our OL is somehow solidified under Googs. Then that could take the desperate need of a couple starters out of the picture for next year, you can save that 25 million you were going to use to solidify the OL in FA and spend on an edge rusher and then bam thats a couple less spots you need to stress in the draft.

we cant have meaningless wins, but we can win. but if rosen throws for 1200 yards 12 tds and like 2 picks the next 4 weeks, and we win 3 out of 4...awesome, but then if he turns around and the following 4 weeks and throws for 800 2 tds and 6 picks. then those wins were almost meaningless unless we see the Defense give up like 10 points a game...

so meaningless wins...no we cant afford to get them (even though i'd never root against the team, i just understand, short term sacrifice for long term gain)

meaningfull wins, hell yeah

Which leads to a followup. "Rosen can show . . . without a doubt" based on who's opinion? Everyone know it will be based of the opinion of Flo and staff, but some like to think they have control or inside info

Jets, dolphins are terrible... brady can play 5 to 10 more yr and still won afc east.

Which leads to a followup. "Rosen can show . . . without a doubt" based on who's opinion? Everyone know it will be based of the opinion of Flo and staff, but some like to think they have control or inside info

yeah who gives a **** if i think rosen has improved or can be a franchise qb or not. the thing is though, and i know its only 2nd year and hes with his 2nd **** team, but WITH ROSEN SAYING "I'm auditioning for this QB job", if he isnt smart and successful then he may have a hard time in the future. he's in a QB competition right now without the competing QB even on the team. if he outplays said ghost QB then the wins are worth it

Right, cause Bradshaw, Aikman, Elway, Peyton, and Eli didn't have any great players along side them.....they did it by themselves cause they were drafted #1.....
Plenty of other quarterbacks drafted from #2 to 224 also had great players along side of them too, yet a SINGLE draft slot out of 224 possibilities has won 28% of all Super Bowls.

Wonder why...

Last edited:
You do know Jordan was a top 10 rated DE hybrid in that draft right? No one knew he was going to turn out the way he did.
(Chuckle... spit)
Your logic is that we have had a couple busts at that position in the first round so we should not pick that position? Every position has first round busts...except maybe kicker as Janikowski is the only one that comes to mind. What is your thinking? We aren't good at evaluating DE talent? Neither Jordan nor Harris were huge reaches based on a fair amount of boards I saw.

Your logic is that we have had a couple busts at that position in the first round so we should not pick that position? Every position has first round busts...except maybe kicker as Janikowski is the only one that comes to mind. What is your thinking? We aren't good at evaluating DE talent? Neither Jordan nor Harris were huge reaches based on a fair amount of boards I saw.
Read it again that was the other poster who said "drafting bad Defensive Ends is exactly like drafting god ones." It' also the same logic I see with the Tua detractors.

Read it again that was the other poster who said "drafting bad Defensive Ends is exactly like drafting god ones." It' also the same logic I see with the Tua detractors.
He obviously meant bad as pros. You made the point previously that you would be sick if we took another DE in the first after busing on Jordan and Harris. His point, sarcastically, is that just cuz a couple at that position bust does not mean that they all will.

Practically everyone taken in the 1st round is rated highly...yet about half do nothing in the NFL. Not sure I understand your point about Tua ... don't take a QB cuz they bust too often? That seemed to be the logic you applied on DEs?

He obviously meant bad as pros. You made the point previously that you would be sick if we took another DE in the first after busing on Jordan and Harris. His point, sarcastically, is that just cuz a couple at that position bust does not mean that they all will.

Practically everyone taken in the 1st round is rated highly...yet about half do nothing in the NFL. Not sure I understand your point about Tua ... don't take a QB cuz they bust too often? That seemed to be the logic you applied on DEs?

Yes that's the same excuse from some posters on here about Tua, so why can't I apply it to other positions not just QB? The whole point of my initial post was to show how some people can use that excuse for certain positions but not others.

Since we currently are loaded, and I do mean loaded, with early round draft picks; why should we worry about winning a few games and getting better as the season progresses?

I would like to see some positive results from the coaching staff with the players we have. If they can prevail in a few games with what we have on the field now, we should be dramatically better with the effects of the next two drafts. If the coaching can't do something, and I mean a little bit better and more consistent then the first 6 games we play this season, then there is no reason to suppose they will do that much better with our upcoming draftees.

On the other hand, those hoping we fail as much as possible to ensure the earliest picks possible, also seem to be the ones complaining that we never draft well any way. If our drafting is always such an overwhelming failure, how will more or earlier draft picks fix that? When we see the averages of an early draft pick living up to their anticipated performance in the NFL are around 50%, that makes the chances of getting a lot better in a hurry very remote.

What we need to see the most this year is the development of our new coaching staff into an effective unit. This will be the engine that will drive the Dolphins to success more then the "heroics" of any individual player. Have we forgotten this is the ultimate TEAM SPORT?

It's not about having early picks, it's about having the 1st pick. Tua is heads and shoulders better than any other QB option coming out next year. He is likely to be a once in a decade QB option and has the best chance of being a future HOF'er. If we don't land the 1st pick, you can have picks 2, 3, 4, and 5 and all of those picks wouldn't be enough to incent Washington or Cincy to trade out of the 1st pick. They will take Tua no matter what.

Given the level of talent on this team, it's going to be very hard for us to see any coaching progression. They simply do not have anything to work with.

I can assure you, if we win this game, we maybe win 1 or 2 more and at 3-13 we are out of the Tua running. If we lose, that allows us to win 1 from here on out and still have a good shot at getting him.

Yes that's the same excuse from some posters on here about Tua, so why can't I apply it to other positions not just QB? The whole point of my initial post was to show how some people can use that excuse for certain positions but not others.
Got it. I think you are right that it does not make sense for QBs or DEs!

Yes... I was laughing at your logic, just as Wozz did.

Back
Top Bottom