Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

by the way ck to my eyes you stole pick #22 for that compensation in your mock...

by the way ck to my eyes you stole pick #22 for that compensation in your mock...

They essentially let me move up from mid-2nd to mid-1st in exchange for a 3rd, a 4th and some small change so yeah I think I got a good deal for a good player, lol.

It was actually pretty close to chart value if you can believe it.

well i didn't believe in the whole mayock thing that pick #6 to pick #25 is pretty much the same value but after the combine and seeing what i saw i'm a damn believer now...so to me to get pick #22 for that is a steal...

Safety

1. Eric Reid* - 2nd round

2. Shamarko Thomas - 2nd round

3. Kenny Vacarro - 2nd round

4. Matt Elam - 2nd round

5. Johnathan Cyprien - 3rd round

6. Phillip Thomas - 3rd round

7. Bacarri Rambo - 3rd round

8. Earl Wolff - 4th round

9. Josh Evans - 4th round

10. Duke Williams - 4th round

11. Shawn Williams - 4th round

12. D.J. Swearinger - 4th round

13. Rashard Hall - 4th round

14. T.J. McDonald - 4th round

15. Tony Jefferson* - 4th round

16. Dexter McCoil - 4th round

17. John Boyett - 5th round

18. Kemal Ishmael - 5th round

19. Robert Lester - 5th round

20. Jahleel Addae - 6th round

21. Bradley McDougald - 6th round

22. Ray Ray Armstrong - 7th round

23. Terence Garvin - 7th round

24. Cody Davis - UDFA

25. Kejuan Riley - UDFA

26. Rontez Miles - UDFA

27. Don Jones - UDFA

28. Jermaine Robinson - UDFA

29. B.J. Scott - UDFA

Rambo is the second best if not the best free safety in this draft.

Corey Lemonier fits with the Dolphins but at a certain price tag. I don't know that you can afford to make Corey Lemonier a three-down defensive end opposite Cam Wake. I just don't know if that can happen. On the other hand Lemonier could absolutely be a significant role player with Miami.

I'm not a big fan of Robert Woods really. Not much explosion there, hands aren't special...kind of a straight line-ish guy as far as quickness goes.

I think Robert Woods is going to be one those guys that just gets it done and makes plays and will have a very successfull career, not an exciting workout guy, but one that makes it happen in the games.

Slimm I was wondering if u had any insight on a wr Ryan Spadola out do Lehigh. He is the son of my mothers co worker. Saw he ran a 4.41 unofficial I believe and I did not see him on your wr listing. Just was looking for some intelligent feedback, I was impressed enough her son got a combine invite but was looking for a little more info if you got it.

thanks

I wish I could help you with Spadola but unfortunately I can't. You know more about him than I do which is why I don't have him listed.

Rambo is the second best if not the best free safety in this draft.

In terms of talent and playmaking ability I'd probably agree with that, but he has a lot of off the field issues that drop his grade, combined with a tendancy for disastrous angles.

baileys probably got better feet...but they both have damn good ones...baileys feet separate him and help him get off coverage despite being somewhat undersized on the boundary...he's got deceptive speed also...

totally agree on allens ability to play the ball and the man and use his body to get the separation he needs down the middle...this kids really underrated...if his qb was worth a damn we'd all be talking about how much we'd like him to get to our pick...big body guy with the movements skills of a guy 2 inches smaller...and polished...day 1 ready

i been saying the same thing all year. the cal Qb has to be one of the WORST college QB's i've seen in a long time. also allen gets all the attention from other teams because he has no other Wr to help take the coverage away from him when guys like bailey and patterson have austin and hunter across from them. Keenan Allen IMO, reminds me of a more athletic jordy nelson.

Slim, can you elaborate on why Carradine is your #1 rated defensive end?

We have threads in this forum where all throughout the season, I would periodically stop in and comment about how Carradine was putting out the best tape of any DE in the country... and I was watching as many as 50 per week. Basically, you can pick any category and I feel like he's either already the best at it, or will be.

He's got the size of Bruce Smith (6'4", 275 with nearly 35" arms) which is the prototype, and the strength to match (28 reps with nearly 35" arms). This is a kid with 4.6 speed also, we recruited him to play 'jack' linebacker at Alabama.

He was leading FSU's defense in tackles when he got hurt, despite only starting 10 games. He started 4 less games than Werner, and had twice as many tackles. The reason for this should be obvious to anyone who watched the games.. there was only one DE in the country who could fly around the field and chase plays like that.

11 sacks, 13 TFL's, 9 QB hurries, a forced fumble, and leading a defense in tackles that was stocked with NFL prospects and 1st round picks.... and this was only his first season with an opportunity to start. He still has things to work on. He's still getting better.

The better question for me would be why anyone wouldn't have him as the #1 DE.

If it weren't for the knee injury he'd be a lock to go in the top 10, probably higher. Right now he's the #2 overall player in the draft in my opinion, and only that injury keeps him from being the #1 player. He was the most dominant force on the defensive side of the ball that I saw in 2012.

Slimm:

Just for giggles, if you had to name five players you can realistically see being around at #12, while being satisfied with the selection: who would they be?

Tank Carradine is a fantastic player. That's why like 6 weeks ago I was saying he needs to be on Miami's short list for the 12th overall pick.

Would I rank him above Werner? No. Would I rank him above every other defensive end prospect in the Draft? Yes.

ireland doesn't have the leash to take carradine at #12...it's possible carradine may not even suit up in 2013 for ya...he definitely won't be 100 percent if he does...

fully healthy i got no problem with it but off an acl and likely to not be ready for full contact once camp opens i don't think ireland would do it

ireland doesn't have the leash to take carradine at #12...it's possible carradine may not even suit up in 2013 for ya...he definitely won't be 100 percent if he does...

fully healthy i got no problem with it but off an acl and likely to not be ready for full contact once camp opens i don't think ireland would do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShOyx0kZ9Y

He plans to do some drills on the 19, and he plans to do full workouts the week before the draft.

His rehab is ahead of the curve and he's probably going to work out at FSU's pro day. He'll be ready to go by September, although being at 100% would be pretty incredible.

I think he faced better offensive tackles than his teammate Werner, and it looked to me like Werner got the clean up sacks as quarterbacks were trying to get away from Carradine coming off their blind side. He was the guy that teams focused the majority of their double team and chipping efforts towards.

No matter where he's drafted, whether it's #1 overall or the 2nd round... I think he's probably going to end up the best defensive end from this draft. There's no question he was the best one I saw on the field in college football along with Clowney before he got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom