Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

I think I’ll need to see how the combine goes before I’m liking Haskins enough to trade up. As of now if he fell to Miami I’d be fine drafting Haskins.

That type of thing doesn't happen anymore. Itchy fingers and nervous general managers. In such a passing league if you want the quarterback you better trade up.

Outside the top three picks, I believe the last first round quarterback who fell to the team without a trade up involved was E.J. Manuel to the Bills.

The Bills traded down with the Rams, who took Tavon Austin. Then the Bills waited for the steal in E.J. Manuel.

Never really talked about him before, or at least haven't really talked about him much, but Mason Fine is a heck of a quarterback.

I see that Tyler Wiegers of Eastern Michigan has made it into draftable territory on the rankings of Rob Rang's NFL Draft Scout outfit. Which tells you a lot about this seniors group, by the way. But we already knew that.

Anyway they haven't even got the right Eagles quarterback.

Mike Glass, III is a guy that we're going to want to keep a little bit of an eye on next year.

I can't at this point tell you what kind of quarterback he is because there's so little of him playing football. I watched him come in for a struggling Wiegers during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of the Buffalo game. Clearly a dual threat player, but a pretty good passer nonetheless. Took over against Buffalo down 0-14 and dueled it out to 28-35 finish, accounting for three of the four touchdowns. Some off target passes in the game, some ball security issues that need cleaning up with more experience. Certainly had the right idea on maybe about three throws where the receivers needed to execute better.

He finished the year 55 of 92 for 820 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, with 55 runs for 428 yards and 6 run TDs...with 10 sacks for -37 yards.

What I can tell you is that he's legitimately throwing in that 51 to 55 mph range where the ideal pro NFL starters tend to throw, and where so few college QBs tend to throw. His deep ball is just like everyone else's, which drives me nuts, but the velocity is right there, on a guy who is clearly a good runner and dual threat player. Short, about 6'0", very squat build with good leg strength.

Will be interesting to keep half an eye on him and see if he develops a little more. I'd say Tajh Boyd-ish but with an NFL arm.

Out on the Wiegers kid. In on Glass III.

It surprised me a little bit that from inside the pocket Mason Fine is throwing with NFL velocity. There are a lot of guys out there you can't say that about.

Outside the pocket you see the arm limitations of Fine.

It surprised me a little bit that from inside the pocket Mason Fine is throwing with NFL velocity. There are a lot of guys out there you can't say that about.

Outside the pocket you see the arm limitations of Fine.

I don't care for him much.

60 fps video, video and graphics editing software I've customized for the task, and 15 years of experience and study on this particular concept (QB throw velocity).

Kyler Murray just told Tim Tebow via interview that whereas before he had his future all planned out (baseball) now he's up in the air as to whether to play baseball or football, and it's something he's going to have to sit down with his family and decide after he gets hold of his draft grades from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee.

tenor.gif

Kyler Murray just told Tim Tebow via interview that whereas before he had his future all planned out (baseball) now he's up in the air as to whether to play baseball or football, and it's something he's going to have to sit down with his family and decide after he gets hold of his draft grades from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee.

tenor.gif

OMG that would be huge, I would move heaven and earth to draft this guy. Do whatever you have to. Trade the entire draft !

Bottom line, if I were Mike Tannenbaum I would send a note with the Advisory Committee grade that says, "You don't make it beyond our pick. Period. Love, Miami Dolphins."

Would I do as you say, move heaven and earth to go get him? That's what will be up for debate. I'm not going to pretend there's no study to be done. But the primary focus of my studies would be on longevity and leadership.

Bottom line, if I were Mike Tannenbaum I would send a note with the Advisory Committee grade that says, "You don't make it beyond our pick. Period. Love, Miami Dolphins."

Would I do as you say, move heaven and earth to go get him? That's what will be up for debate. I'm not going to pretend there's no study to be done. But the primary focus of my studies would be on longevity and leadership.

He's under 6ft, easily, he's not the biggest out there. That's going to put questions on his longevity that you say. From a leadership perspective, I've watched a fair few of his games, not really noticed him as a vocal leader, his leadership has come through what he's done in the games, how he's been able to overcome a quite frankly awful D and put the team consistently on his back.

It'll be interesting if he decides to throw his hat in the ring for the NFL. Personally, I think he's the most talented player in the country. However, if I were his parents I'd probably advise him to stick to the guaranteed money and go with baseball given his baseball talent. He's a phenomenal baseball player.

I mean the bottom line is it boils down to how committed you are to football. You can't just love the adoration and attention you're getting from the NFL now. You have to love the grind and the work you have to put in - the ups and downs. All that adoration is gone as soon as you go out there and throw your first pick or struggle in your first game. I'm sure he'll take an honest inventory of his feelings about football vs baseball, along with size concern. I just don't think he'd ever regret sticking to baseball and putting that $5 million in his pocket.

It'll be interesting if he decides to throw his hat in the ring for the NFL. Personally, I think he's the most talented player in the country. However, if I were his parents I'd probably advise him to stick to the guaranteed money and go with baseball given his baseball talent. He's a phenomenal baseball player.

I mean the bottom line is it boils down to how committed you are to football. You can't just love the adoration and attention you're getting from the NFL now. You have to love the grind and the work you have to put in - the ups and downs. All that adoration is gone as soon as you go out there and throw your first pick or struggle in your first game. I'm sure he'll take an honest inventory of his feelings about football vs baseball, along with size concern. I just don't think he'd ever regret sticking to baseball and putting that $5 million in his pocket.

Baseball sucks though :p

In terms of stress, 162 games a year versus 16 ! I don't know, I see the $5 mill he's already got, but I think with the rules as they are and the general way they are going, playing QB a little undersized in the NFL is becoming more and more viable. I think the kid obviously loves football more than baseball, otherwise he wouldn't even have bothered competing to be the starter this year and just headed off to the A's. I believe his father too played football at collegiate level, so I think that will influence his decision. He's going right at the top of the draft if he declares. He's got better stats than Mayfield and Mayfield's success will be the natural comparison to him since they've both come from the same system. I have absolutely no doubt about that, his rookie contract will compete with what he's getting from baseball.

If he declares, it makes this draft very very interesting, assuming Haskins and Herbert also declare you've got three QBs that could potentially go 1,2,3. There will be a feeding frenzy and whether you like any of these guys or not, it helps Miami get the player they want, either moving up for the QB or allowing the guy in another position to drop to you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sure.

Jeff Samardzija certainly hasn't regretted it, with the career earnings he's had in baseball.

The Catch 22 is that if he chose football it would make him all the more attractive, because it just means he loves the sport. And that's one of the rumors I'm hearing, supposedly sourced with members of his family, that he tells them he's thinking about football because he just loves football. He has every rational reason to choose baseball.

There's stuff to look at, how things went with A&M, etc. I've heard privately and I have no idea how much to trust this but I've heard he's not well loved in the Sooners locker room, that Baker Mayfield was the only guy that seemed to love him. We'll see. That's all a game of Chinese whispers.

Jeff Samardzija certainly hasn't regretted it, with the career earnings he's had in baseball.

The Catch 22 is that if he chose football it would make him all the more attractive, because it just means he loves the sport. And that's one of the rumors I'm hearing, supposedly sourced with members of his family, that he tells them he's thinking about football because he just loves football. He has every rational reason to choose baseball.

There's stuff to look at, how things went with A&M, etc. I've heard privately and I have no idea how much to trust this but I've heard he's not well loved in the Sooners locker room, that Baker Mayfield was the only guy that seemed to love him. We'll see. That's all a game of Chinese whispers.

I don't even know who that is !

I'm sure from a financial perspective the earnings are comparable and probably a safer bet going the baseball route. But doing what you love to do and I have to believe that his passion is clearly in football has a huge pull, he'll be a wealthy man whichever way he decides to go, I hope he goes with his heart. I guess the days of Dion Sanders and dual pro sports are over.

Back
Top Bottom