Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

And also he's got to do better when something interrupts his process, he has to re-set his feet, etc.

NFL pockets are chaos.

I mentioned in another thread that I don't believe Drew Bleds...I mean Jacob Eason is talked about enough. He makes throws and demonstrates arm talent that are just jaw dropping. I wanted to point out a few examples for everybody to look at...

1.) At the 1:30 mark - take a gander at this throw running to his left across his body on the TD pass to Newton. :lol:

2.) 2:37 mark - TD pass to A. Fuller. Look at him layer that ball over the linebacker and then fit it between two DB's. :lol:

3.) 3:11 mark - 30 yard frozen rope to the TE Cade Otton.

4.) 4:12 mark - Little bit of a back shoulder throw to TE Hunter Bryant.

5.) 4:26 mark - Good grief. I still don't think that LB knows what happened. Watch him zoom that ball past that zone defender with eyes already fixed on him. :lol:

6.) 5:05 mark - In the do's-and-dont's category, this one is teetering on a don't. Little bit late outside the numbers. But the arm is just too good. Not a problem.

I want to like Eason but his feet seem very sluggish in the pocket. Seems slow at going through progressions. Stares down WRs too much. But has good size and big Arm and that will all be over hyped like always. He and Herbert are very similar. I think Herbert is more athletic. I also was disappointed to see Eason blow opportunity to upset Utah. That pick six was killer.

Cincinnati QB, Desmond Ridder is my favorite. The kid can play. Love is arm, love his size, love his running ability. He single handedly put his team on his back last night and came from behind to win, against the Pirates. Love his upside.

Stopped talking about Ridder a bit because I assume he goes back to school. But the QB2 ranking is pretty wide open and he’s got about as much claim to it as anyone.

Talked before about Eason's pocket presence issues where he loses his passing profile and runs around not knowing what to do - Brock Huard finally talked about this some during the game. He pointed out how the coaches have been working very hard with Eason to get him to climb the pocket instead of retreating or bailing against pressure. There's still work to do there.

Secondly, that late throw outside the numbers that he got away with vs. BYU - he paid for it twice against Utah's NFL caliber DB's. That's why it's a 'don't', even if you get away with it.

So....why is it exactly that people question Jake Fromm's arm strength, again?

(Timestamp 0:31:22)

Last edited:
Also, if you've got Jabari Zuniga breathing down your neck, you take off and you outrun him, you're doing something right from an athletic standpoint.

Fromm has run for 23 first downs in his career. He's not a statue.

Would like to see Love transfer to LSU or Oklahoma for 2020. Call it momentum or development, but I do think it's important for QB's to have some level of success early, and Love could use a favorable situation to wash away this very rough 2019.

Would like to see Love transfer to LSU or Oklahoma for 2020. Call it momentum or development, but I do think it's important for QB's to have some level of success early, and Love could use a favorable situation to wash away this very rough 2019.

I agree with this although to be honest he will get better teaching in the pros.

Not sure if anyone else watches or listens to Zach from Strong Opinion Sports on YouTube but I love his videos and opinions.

In this video he talks a lot about Eason. And Zach is from the state of Washington and knows some players/coaches at University of Washington.

Was hard for me to get beyond him saying that Jake Fromm is not a 1st round quarterback because of his lack of arm talent, and then in the same breath saying that Joe Burrow is playing his way into possibly being the #1 QB in the draft.

I'm sorry but there's just no planet where that makes sense.

He did bring up some fair criticisms about Fromm's ball spin and how the ball ends up coming into the receiver low sometimes. IMO the latter happens because he's not always stepping through his throws. He's snapping them off all arm at times, and often after a quick pump.

Back
Top Bottom