Smack! Wow. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smack! Wow.

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s 1st 5 games.

QB Ryan Tannehill has thrown 19 passes of 20 or more yards. Only five QBs have thrown more this season. Whaah? Playmakers. We aint got no playmakers? That's absurd.

Andrew Luck has 1208 yards passing and 2 wins in 4 games. He'll join Tannehill next week as the 2nd rookie QB to ever do it and seeing that they play the Jets he has a good shot of getting to 3 wins in 5 games.

i'm loving that completed 19 passes of 20 yards or more...dink and dunk...i don't think so...chunk yardage...man this kids impressive...and we've barely scratched the damn surface...

Andrew Luck has 1208 yards passing and 2 wins in 4 games. He'll join Tannehill next week as the 2nd rookie QB to ever do it and seeing that they play the Jets he has a good shot of getting to 3 wins in 5 games.

I think I'd take Indy's receiving corp over ours...and considering that Luck had 3 full years as a starter at Stanford versus Tannehill's one full year at A&M I think he's doing an amazing job and the future is very bright.

Ryan Tannehill is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s 1st 5 games.

QB Ryan Tannehill has thrown 19 passes of 20 or more yards. Only five QBs have thrown more this season. Whaah? Playmakers. We aint got no playmakers? That's absurd.
I see what you did there. Tannehill is doing amazing. Way ahead of schedule, which is great. A great QB is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of us have been saying that for, what, a decade?

Hartline has been playing lights out. FAR better than he was last year. Last year he had an average YAC of about 0.0009 yards (note hyperbole) and couldn't get much separation. Part of that had to do with the turd throwing him the ball of course (dear god Henne sucked). But he didn't improve much when we switched to a better QB in Moore. Inconsistent was the best description. Still, he was the best WR on our team going into training camp, which makes the calls for his release insane. He's elevated his game this year and has a QB that can make him even better. Just imagine when we get another quality receiver opposite him?

Bush is the other playmaker, when the guy can stay healthy. Unfortunately, his production level drops dramatically at the slightest scrape. Yesterday when he got up limping on the sideline, I immediately thought "well, he's done for the day." I was happy when we signed him. I loved his role in NO and I think a lot of people underestimated what that was there (they got a solid replacement in Sproles, so it was win-win for both teams), but I like everybody else had concerns about injuries. While he hasn't had a serious injury yet (thank god), it's clear that it doesn't take much to take him completely out of the game. Step on his toe, nut slap him, etc. and it's Thomas time (who sucks). Hopefully Miller steps it up. Luckily, it's really not difficult to find RBs in today's league, and it certainly doesn't require high picks any more than linemen do. (PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way saying we get rid of Bush, unless his contract demands are retarded, but we absolutely need to lock up another good RB).

So, long story short, yes, we still need playmakers. The yards are great and Tannehill is developing extremely well, but there's a reason we only have 2 passing TDs (fewest in the league), and it's not all Tannehill. Fasano is really our only endzone target. He's a solid TE and a good target for Tannehill to have, but you need more than a solid TE in today's league.

Luckily, it's absolutely possible to fill these needs in one offseason, so there's really no excuse to not be competing for the division next year if Tannehill continues to develop this way. Once he has some more targets, holy ****.

dude if you nut slap me, I'm going to be out a while...!

I should have said "vag slap" when referring to him. Still like him as a player, but jesus christ, rub some 'tussin on it and get back out there.

I think I'd take Indy's receiving corp over ours...and considering that Luck had 3 full years as a starter at Stanford versus Tannehill's one full year at A&M I think he's doing an amazing job and the future is very bright.
We had a shot at Reggie Wayne, he was a free agent. They also spent a lot of high draft picks on receivers...Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, T.Y. Hilton and LaVon Brazill all growing up with their QB. That's how most GMs do it...put as much talent around their rookie QB as possible to make it easier for them.

Believe me I'm very happy with Tannehill, kids way ahead of schedule but Andrew Luck is every bit as good as advertised. I hope we get Tannehill enough weapons because when the Colts are done rebuilding, which won't take them long, they're going to be hard to beat...really hard to beat.

Yep you are right about that, but every win the Colts get this year will lower the 2nd round pick the Phinz will get from the Colts in next years NFL draft......crap :-(

Yep you are right about that, but every win the Colts get this year will lower the 2nd round pick the Phinz will get from the Colts in next years NFL draft......crap :-(
I know, I'm watching intently. Also the Bears doing well lowers that 3rd round pick. Right now the Colts are picking 15th, we're picking 13th...I can't remember where the Bears are picking.

Nice info about Tannehill. He has shown tremendous improvement. He is playing like a starter now, and he can still get better. If Moore can agree to play back up, we have finally solved the QB concerns.

I have always defended Hartline as a legit #2, but he has really stepped up this year. You cannot argue with his performance and production. If Gaffney can help out even a little, that should drop the safeties and open the running attack back up.

Clay played better against Cinci, but I am very disappointed in his play so far. Hopefully he is starting to get used to RT's velocity. He always seems surprised when the ball arrives.

Bush is a great player when 90% or better. He has already taken a beating in the first 5 games running inside. He tends to look for the outside run to avoid the inside contact. I can't blame him. We will need him for the whole season. Miller needs to get more playing time. We also need to resign Slayton or another back(to replace Mr Concussion) and get Thigpen involved in some designed plays.

I see what you did there. Tannehill is doing amazing. Way ahead of schedule, which is great. A great QB is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of us have been saying that for, what, a decade?

Hartline has been playing lights out. FAR better than he was last year. Last year he had an average YAC of about 0.0009 yards (note hyperbole) and couldn't get much separation. Part of that had to do with the turd throwing him the ball of course (dear god Henne sucked). But he didn't improve much when we switched to a better QB in Moore. Inconsistent was the best description. Still, he was the best WR on our team going into training camp, which makes the calls for his release insane. He's elevated his game this year and has a QB that can make him even better. Just imagine when we get another quality receiver opposite him?

Bush is the other playmaker, when the guy can stay healthy. Unfortunately, his production level drops dramatically at the slightest scrape. Yesterday when he got up limping on the sideline, I immediately thought "well, he's done for the day." I was happy when we signed him. I loved his role in NO and I think a lot of people underestimated what that was there (they got a solid replacement in Sproles, so it was win-win for both teams), but I like everybody else had concerns about injuries. While he hasn't had a serious injury yet (thank god), it's clear that it doesn't take much to take him completely out of the game. Step on his toe, nut slap him, etc. and it's Thomas time (who sucks). Hopefully Miller steps it up. Luckily, it's really not difficult to find RBs in today's league, and it certainly doesn't require high picks any more than linemen do. (PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way saying we get rid of Bush, unless his contract demands are retarded, but we absolutely need to lock up another good RB).

So, long story short, yes, we still need playmakers. The yards are great and Tannehill is developing extremely well, but there's a reason we only have 2 passing TDs (fewest in the league), and it's not all Tannehill. Fasano is really our only endzone target. He's a solid TE and a good target for Tannehill to have, but you need more than a solid TE in today's league.

Luckily, it's absolutely possible to fill these needs in one offseason, so there's really no excuse to not be competing for the division next year if Tannehill continues to develop this way. Once he has some more targets, holy ****.

Thank you. I was going to make a similar post but you nailed it.

It cracks me up how people are looking at this. Tannehill is playing well above where he "should" be and thats a credit to him and our coaches. But instead of taking it as some sort of validation of the direction of this team, people should look at it as "hey, now what if we supplied him with one of the best wideouts in the league....?". Tannehills ceiling is immense, yet people seem so content with how good he is now they have no desire to make him better by giving him great weapons.

We now have a franchise quarterback. Lets give him some game breakers and laugh our way to the playoffs on a yearly basis.

The colts will have a hard time getting to 8-8 in that division. I think they will likely go 6-10,7-9 this year.

Ireland found Egnew in the 3rd round, so don't worry about a few spots one way or another...

The colts will have a hard time getting to 8-8 in that division. I think they will likely go 6-10,7-9 this year.

Ireland found Egnew in the 3rd round, so don't worry about a few spots one way or another...
You think that division is tough? Tennessee is playing like crap and so are the Jags. Only tough team is Houston...Indy could easily end up 4-2 in the division.

Back
Top Bottom