Smack! Wow. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smack! Wow.

forgot about any top 10 pick for miami this year fellas...it's not gonna happen...mid to late teens most likely...don't see an elite pass rush talent being there that late...

colts are gonna be formidable in the not too distant future that's for sure...i'm sure they'd love to get that damn dt from utah to be a cornerstone up front in the draft...

forgot about any top 10 pick for miami this year fellas...it's not gonna happen...mid to late teens most likely...don't see an elite pass rush talent being there that late...

colts are gonna be formidable in the not too distant future that's for sure...i'm sure they'd love to get that damn dt from utah to be a cornerstone up front in the draft...

Speaking about pass rushers, Seattle got a lot of heat by taking Bruce Irvin but the guy is looking unblockable at times and doing exactly what Seattle was hoping he would do

I see what you did there. Tannehill is doing amazing. Way ahead of schedule, which is great. A great QB is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of us have been saying that for, what, a decade?

Hartline has been playing lights out. FAR better than he was last year. Last year he had an average YAC of about 0.0009 yards (note hyperbole) and couldn't get much separation. Part of that had to do with the turd throwing him the ball of course (dear god Henne sucked). But he didn't improve much when we switched to a better QB in Moore. Inconsistent was the best description. Still, he was the best WR on our team going into training camp, which makes the calls for his release insane. He's elevated his game this year and has a QB that can make him even better. Just imagine when we get another quality receiver opposite him?

Bush is the other playmaker, when the guy can stay healthy. Unfortunately, his production level drops dramatically at the slightest scrape. Yesterday when he got up limping on the sideline, I immediately thought "well, he's done for the day." I was happy when we signed him. I loved his role in NO and I think a lot of people underestimated what that was there (they got a solid replacement in Sproles, so it was win-win for both teams), but I like everybody else had concerns about injuries. While he hasn't had a serious injury yet (thank god), it's clear that it doesn't take much to take him completely out of the game. Step on his toe, nut slap him, etc. and it's Thomas time (who sucks). Hopefully Miller steps it up. Luckily, it's really not difficult to find RBs in today's league, and it certainly doesn't require high picks any more than linemen do. (PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way saying we get rid of Bush, unless his contract demands are retarded, but we absolutely need to lock up another good RB).

So, long story short, yes, we still need playmakers. The yards are great and Tannehill is developing extremely well, but there's a reason we only have 2 passing TDs (fewest in the league), and it's not all Tannehill. Fasano is really our only endzone target. He's a solid TE and a good target for Tannehill to have, but you need more than a solid TE in today's league.

Luckily, it's absolutely possible to fill these needs in one offseason, so there's really no excuse to not be competing for the division next year if Tannehill continues to develop this way. Once he has some more targets, holy ****.

Re Hartline, I don't remember which talking heads I was listening to in the car last night, but one made the point that we shouldn't be that surprised by Hartline's resurrection since a lot of it has to do with the west coast offense bringing out the best in him . Makes sense to me.

Speaking about pass rushers, Seattle got a lot of heat by taking Bruce Irvin but the guy is looking unblockable at times and doing exactly what Seattle was hoping he would do

high end damn tools there...situational rusher though...which is exactly what we need...i'd love to get mingo who has the same kind of rediculous rush tools but it's time to put that dream to bed...we aren't gonna sniff that kid with where we are picking

I'm looking forward to that Matchup with Indy thats coming up.....Luck vs Tannehill #1....lets see how Luck fares against a good defense.

Ryan Tannehill is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s 1st 5 games.

QB Ryan Tannehill has thrown 19 passes of 20 or more yards. Only five QBs have thrown more this season. Whaah? Playmakers. We aint got no playmakers? That's absurd.

come on now , what has hartline and bess ever done before this season ? imo there still just avg WRs , imo the reason there doin as good right now is because they havent burt nobody deep until this year ,just think if we had a WR such as megatron or andre johnson on this team or even a reggie wayne type player , Tanny would have awhole lot more yards then he already has , but imo we need more help than what we have at WR ,SAY WHAT YOU WILL butwhen the real test such as elete CBs hook up with hartline then the REAL TEST will show.

I see what you did there. Tannehill is doing amazing. Way ahead of schedule, which is great. A great QB is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of us have been saying that for, what, a decade?

Hartline has been playing lights out. FAR better than he was last year. Last year he had an average YAC of about 0.0009 yards (note hyperbole) and couldn't get much separation. Part of that had to do with the turd throwing him the ball of course (dear god Henne sucked). But he didn't improve much when we switched to a better QB in Moore. Inconsistent was the best description. Still, he was the best WR on our team going into training camp, which makes the calls for his release insane. He's elevated his game this year and has a QB that can make him even better. Just imagine when we get another quality receiver opposite him?

Bush is the other playmaker, when the guy can stay healthy. Unfortunately, his production level drops dramatically at the slightest scrape. Yesterday when he got up limping on the sideline, I immediately thought "well, he's done for the day." I was happy when we signed him. I loved his role in NO and I think a lot of people underestimated what that was there (they got a solid replacement in Sproles, so it was win-win for both teams), but I like everybody else had concerns about injuries. While he hasn't had a serious injury yet (thank god), it's clear that it doesn't take much to take him completely out of the game. Step on his toe, nut slap him, etc. and it's Thomas time (who sucks). Hopefully Miller steps it up. Luckily, it's really not difficult to find RBs in today's league, and it certainly doesn't require high picks any more than linemen do. (PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way saying we get rid of Bush, unless his contract demands are retarded, but we absolutely need to lock up another good RB).

So, long story short, yes, we still need playmakers. The yards are great and Tannehill is developing extremely well, but there's a reason we only have 2 passing TDs (fewest in the league), and it's not all Tannehill. Fasano is really our only endzone target. He's a solid TE and a good target for Tannehill to have, but you need more than a solid TE in today's league.

Luckily, it's absolutely possible to fill these needs in one offseason, so there's really no excuse to not be competing for the division next year if Tannehill continues to develop this way. Once he has some more targets, holy ****.

i agree 100% WE NEED MORE PLAYMAKERS ,we havent been really tested by elete CBs and when we do THE REAL TEST WILL SHOW.

Thank you. I was going to make a similar post but you nailed it.

It cracks me up how people are looking at this. Tannehill is playing well above where he "should" be and thats a credit to him and our coaches. But instead of taking it as some sort of validation of the direction of this team, people should look at it as "hey, now what if we supplied him with one of the best wideouts in the league....?". Tannehills ceiling is immense, yet people seem so content with how good he is now they have no desire to make him better by giving him great weapons.

We now have a franchise quarterback. Lets give him some game breakers and laugh our way to the playoffs on a yearly basis.

ANOTHER POST I AGREE 100% WITH. MORE THAN AVG we need a playmaker at WR.

And don't forget we are currently #2 in the league in rushing TD's. If we can get balanced on passing touchdown's, it's really light outs. One of my main reasons being hopeful going into the season was primarily Mike Sherman, he is one of the top OC's in the league, past or present. Just check out his resume. I watch all of Texas A&M games from last year, and sometimes, his coordination made things looks easy.

RT17 First Player in NFL History ?????

Ryan Tannehill is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s 1st 5 games.

I am liking what our new QB is doing. He is learning and getting better.

****the pass rush we need DBs

I don't think anyone is content with our current WR core, and I don't think anyone is letting these stats lead them to such beliefs. But frankly it's the 5th week of the season, and I'm sick of hearing people crying about how we need a #1 receiver/play makers/tools for tanne. We're not gonna pick up some veteran trash during our bye week and take up a roster spot. I realize Gaffney was signed but only because Naane was playing with the ability of an AFL backup.

WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT AND LET THESE STATS SHOW YOU THE CAPABILITIES OF OUR YOUNG CURRENT ROSTER.

This draft is pretty deep at DE and the premium is still on QB which will push some guys down. Cleveland looks to have the #1 draft pick sewn up right now and the Saints may be #2. My guess is Cleveland will go offense...maybe WR after a trade down...their defense is better than it's looked the last few week because they're missing Haden who's serving a suspension and Phillip Taylor who's huge for their front 7.

Saint will go defense but they need so much on that side of the ball they could go BPA on whatever defender they can find. They could really use some DTs cause they're giving up 173 yards a game on the ground and 5.0 yards/carry.

Last year you had Bruce Irvin (#15 overall), Quinton Coples (#16 overall), Shea McClellin (#19 overall) and Chandler Jones (#21 overall) taken in the first round. We may not have a shot at the 1st or 2nd DE on most people's board but I think we have a shot at #3...and if he's not better than a WR we could have or a CB (which I don't see any elite corners yet in this draft) then you wait till the 2nd round and get a DE.

Back
Top Bottom