Smack! Wow. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smack! Wow.

ProFootBall Focus, Football Outsiders, all these independent sources, value us more than you guys do, you don't have to listen to Crazydolfan's bias, just read around the internet today to see all the positive reviews this team is finally getting. And it's warranted, after the horrid start last year, this team and this group of players have played their asses off.

You can question my knowledge of expertise on the players I know or not. But I've made more money in football than you will ever see in your lifetime. You keep saying we don't have playmakers, but every week someone on this team is making plays after plays. Go ahead live in your fantasy world, go on and believe the Reggie Wayne's and Patrick Willi's are just lathered on every team but the Dolphins.

Bottom Line when it's all said and done, you will realize just how good of a team Ireland as build as a collective group. And I'll just sit back and say I TOLD YOU SO.
I'm glad you know what my salary is and how much money I have...I'm surprised you haven't bought the team with all that cash you've made cause It must be a lot to make that bold of a statement...cause I have plenty of money...all my cars are paid off and so is my house...but you keep on gambling and making your millions. I don't gamble but if I did I'd be winning a lot since I normally run about 68% on my NFL and college picks during the season...I only do it for fun, no money.

I never said Reggie Wayne and Pat Willis are on every team but the Dolphins...again, putting words in my mouth. Guys like that are properly evaluated by GMs...back when Willis came out he was my #2 choice in the draft...Revis was my #1 choice....most on here wanted Brady Quinn...I did the research on Randy Mueller and predicted he would take Ted Ginn, Jr. given his draft history...I was on the money on all 4 players...and I didn't want Ted Ginn, Jr. either. Revis was my #1 choice for several reasons, we needed DB help badly (Given Saban's selection of Jason Allen and Travis Daniels sucked) and Revis was one of the best return men in all of college football at Pitt...although the Jets have never used him there. If you really think Ireland has built a team that can make a super bowl run...and that's the goal of every GM for every team...then you're even more delusional than I thought...Philbin and Co. are getting the most out of every player we have, an outstanding job of coaching by them and it's still not enough. We've beat one playoff team in Cincy, lost to a team that won't sniff the playoffs in the Jets and let one get away in Arizona...playoff teams win those close game against the Jets and Arizona...super bowl teams would have blown them out.

Ireland got out of his comfort zone in the last draft by drafting Tannehill in the first round...but went back to his bread and butter and took an O-lineman in the 2nd round. That's his comfort zone...O-line and D-line. He has shown a penchant for not taking high risk high reward players in the 1st and 2nd round...and I think Vontae was a bit out of his comfort zone but Vontae was rumored to be a Parcells pick since it's been said the first two draft were pretty much all Parcells (including the horrid Pat White pick). I'm not asking him to take a WR with every 1st and 2nd round pick we have but look at our roster...the highest draft pick we've spent at the WR position is Patrick Turner, a 3rd rounder who's not even on the team. The next highest pick who is on the team is Brain Hartline, a 4th rounder. No other team in the NFL...and this is fact...has invested less in their WR corp...not one. We have two receivers, the 3rd receivers combined have 3 catches for 31 yards in 5 games...1 of those catches that went for 19 yards was to Legadu Naanee who was cut. We have Hartline (4th round pick), Bess (undrafted free agent), Marlon Moore (undrafted free agent), Rishard Matthews (7th round pick), Anthony Armstrong who we picked up off waivers (undrafted free agent) and Jabar Gaffney who's a journeyman that's played for 9 teams in 11 seasons and has yet to step on the field (2nd round pick of the Houston Texans in 2002). Now maybe Ireland thought after getting Bess as an undrafted free agent he could catch lighting in a bottle twice because I'm pretty sure we have more undrafted free agents at WR than any other team in the league but he's wrong. My hope is that he realizes that the skill positions need to be addressed and that we have to invest in those positions early in the draft.

If you'll remember my post about all 32 teams draft results from 2006-2010 you should remember that I said I'd give Ireland more time to get this thing right...his drafts have not been as awful as I expected, he was somewhere in the middle of the league as far as his drafts went. He drafted solid, safe picks but lacked in the impact player department. Given how crappy out luck has been in the GM department I was willing to give him another year to right the ship...but he's got to deliver some play makers. In 2010 the draft was absolutely loaded with TEs, the deepest I had ever seen, and he didn't take not one...and we needed one, still do. He needs to value these positions more than he does...he undervalued Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham (who he thought would last until the 4th round), Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and Tony Moeaki...you know how much better this offense would look if we had Jimmy Graham?...oh and there were a lot of guys in the draft forum that wanted the Dolphins to draft that kid...some as high as the 2nd round. Ireland has to absolutely change his value system from the antiquated crap that Parcells taught him to the new age NFL. He's got Mike Sherman who was once the GM and HC of the Packers to help him along and colaborate on the draft and I think this year the coaches will get a chance to go to the senior bowl and do a little bit more scouting...they were unable this past season cause Philbin was still forming his coaching staff...but it's got to happen this draft. There's no more putting it off, the need on the D-line (outside of a pass rush DE but that's a play maker) and O-line is no longer a priority on this team like it was under Sparano...it's all about the skill positions now and putting more weapons around our young QB to help him out. Tannehill is making the guys around him better...imagine for a minute if he were to have a guy with the talent level of a Calvin Johnson on the outside next year...wow, now that would be amazing. There's no Darelle Revis in this upcoming draft but imagine if we re-signed Sean Smith and then paired him with someone like a Jonathan Joseph on the other side...and a FS next to Reshad Jones like Deshon Goldson...we're not going to get all of these guys in one draft most likely but even if we got one of them...now you're talking about a team that can make some noise.

I'm glad you know what my salary is and how much money I have...I'm surprised you haven't bought the team with all that cash you've made cause It must be a lot to make that bold of a statement...cause I have plenty of money...all my cars are paid off and so is my house...but you keep on gambling and making your millions. I don't gamble but if I did I'd be winning a lot since I normally run about 68% on my NFL and college picks during the season...I only do it for fun, no money.

I never said Reggie Wayne and Pat Willis are on every team but the Dolphins...again, putting words in my mouth. Guys like that are properly evaluated by GMs...back when Willis came out he was my #2 choice in the draft...Revis was my #1 choice....most on here wanted Brady Quinn...I did the research on Randy Mueller and predicted he would take Ted Ginn, Jr. given his draft history...I was on the money on all 4 players...and I didn't want Ted Ginn, Jr. either. Revis was my #1 choice for several reasons, we needed DB help badly (Given Saban's selection of Jason Allen and Travis Daniels sucked) and Revis was one of the best return men in all of college football at Pitt...although the Jets have never used him there. If you really think Ireland has built a team that can make a super bowl run...and that's the goal of every GM for every team...then you're even more delusional than I thought...Philbin and Co. are getting the most out of every player we have, an outstanding job of coaching by them and it's still not enough. We've beat one playoff team in Cincy, lost to a team that won't sniff the playoffs in the Jets and let one get away in Arizona...playoff teams win those close game against the Jets and Arizona...super bowl teams would have blown them out.

Ireland got out of his comfort zone in the last draft by drafting Tannehill in the first round...but went back to his bread and butter and took an O-lineman in the 2nd round. That's his comfort zone...O-line and D-line. He has shown a penchant for not taking high risk high reward players in the 1st and 2nd round...and I think Vontae was a bit out of his comfort zone but Vontae was rumored to be a Parcells pick since it's been said the first two draft were pretty much all Parcells (including the horrid Pat White pick). I'm not asking him to take a WR with every 1st and 2nd round pick we have but look at our roster...the highest draft pick we've spent at the WR position is Patrick Turner, a 3rd rounder who's not even on the team. The next highest pick who is on the team is Brain Hartline, a 4th rounder. No other team in the NFL...and this is fact...has invested less in their WR corp...not one. We have two receivers, the 3rd receivers combined have 3 catches for 31 yards in 5 games...1 of those catches that went for 19 yards was to Legadu Naanee who was cut. We have Hartline (4th round pick), Bess (undrafted free agent), Marlon Moore (undrafted free agent), Rishard Matthews (7th round pick), Anthony Armstrong who we picked up off waivers (undrafted free agent) and Jabar Gaffney who's a journeyman that's played for 9 teams in 11 seasons and has yet to step on the field (2nd round pick of the Houston Texans in 2002). Now maybe Ireland thought after getting Bess as an undrafted free agent he could catch lighting in a bottle twice because I'm pretty sure we have more undrafted free agents at WR than any other team in the league but he's wrong. My hope is that he realizes that the skill positions need to be addressed and that we have to invest in those positions early in the draft.

If you'll remember my post about all 32 teams draft results from 2006-2010 you should remember that I said I'd give Ireland more time to get this thing right...his drafts have not been as awful as I expected, he was somewhere in the middle of the league as far as his drafts went. He drafted solid, safe picks but lacked in the impact player department. Given how crappy out luck has been in the GM department I was willing to give him another year to right the ship...but he's got to deliver some play makers. In 2010 the draft was absolutely loaded with TEs, the deepest I had ever seen, and he didn't take not one...and we needed one, still do. He needs to value these positions more than he does...he undervalued Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham (who he thought would last until the 4th round), Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and Tony Moeaki...you know how much better this offense would look if we had Jimmy Graham?...oh and there were a lot of guys in the draft forum that wanted the Dolphins to draft that kid...some as high as the 2nd round. Ireland has to absolutely change his value system from the antiquated crap that Parcells taught him to the new age NFL. He's got Mike Sherman who was once the GM and HC of the Packers to help him along and colaborate on the draft and I think this year the coaches will get a chance to go to the senior bowl and do a little bit more scouting...they were unable this past season cause Philbin was still forming his coaching staff...but it's got to happen this draft. There's no more putting it off, the need on the D-line (outside of a pass rush DE but that's a play maker) and O-line is no longer a priority on this team like it was under Sparano...it's all about the skill positions now and putting more weapons around our young QB to help him out. Tannehill is making the guys around him better...imagine for a minute if he were to have a guy with the talent level of a Calvin Johnson on the outside next year...wow, now that would be amazing. There's no Darelle Revis in this upcoming draft but imagine if we re-signed Sean Smith and then paired him with someone like a Jonathan Joseph on the other side...and a FS next to Reshad Jones like Deshon Goldson...we're not going to get all of these guys in one draft most likely but even if we got one of them...now you're talking about a team that can make some noise.

I wasn't calling you out on your assets, if that came across my bad. I was only referring to money as in betting terms to validate my football knowledge. I watch every game every week, in All-22 camera view nonetheless. It's a tedious process. So for you to make a blanket statement like I only know dolphan players didn't sit well with me.

Bottom line you can make arguments to validate your opinions which you have the right to do so, and we can continue this back and forth. But we have 11 games, Ireland is either going to be proven to be right or wrong. Period. And we can continue these little petty arguments at another time. But, I just want to point out, if he was busy getting cute with skill players, this team would not have the level of physicality we display on a weekly basis.

I wasn't calling you out on your assets, if that came across my bad. I was only referring to money as in betting terms to validate my football knowledge. I watch every game every week, in All-22 camera view nonetheless. It's a tedious process. So for you to make a blanket statement like I only know dolphan players didn't sit well with me.

Bottom line you can make arguments to validate your opinions which you have the right to do so, and we can continue this back and forth. But we have 11 games, Ireland is either going to be proven to be right or wrong. Period. And we can continue these little petty arguments at another time. But, I just want to point out, if he was busy getting cute with skill players, this team would have the level of physicality we display on a weekly basis.
Think about that though. How many guys on the defensive and offensive lines are his draft picks? Wake was a free agent, Soliai was drafted by Mueller/Cameron, Starks was a free agent, McDaniels was a free agent, Randell was a 7th round draft pick, Odrick was a 1st rounder and Vernon is a 3rd rounder...but Wake, Soliai and Starks are the key to the whole D-line and not one of them are his draft picks.

On offense we have Jake Long, 1st rounder (and a Parcells pick), Incognito who was a free agent, Pouncey 1st rounder and clearly an Ireland pick (probably with some coaxing from Sparano), Jerry a 3rd rounder an Ireland pick with Sparano input since Sparano coached him in the Senior bowl...and I'm not saying Sparano on those last two picks is a bad thing, clearly you have to work with the coach as a GM especially when that coach has first hand knowledge on coaching the kid, however short that was....but Jim Turner gets credit for bringing out the best in Jerry so far. And Jonathan Martin a 2nd round pick...and one I think Philbin and Co. had a lot of input on because I think Martin fits that ZBS tackle extremely well. That's a lot of high draft picks on the O-line though...it better be successful...and I still think we need more athletic Guards.

Now, going back to the coach GM relationship. It's clear now to everyone that the 49ers were drafting some play makers, some very good players. Singletary and Nolan couldn't get enough out of that talent and now with Jim Harbaugh these guys are showing out. Harbaugh has brought the best out in those players. I believe Philbin and staff are squeezing every ounce out of these guys right now, they're making the GM look good. Sparano never developed guys, never demanded what Philbin is demanding. Sparano was never as thoughtful and purposeful as Philbin has been, Sparano never had as much direction as Philbin, never was as organized or as prepared as Philbin. This is where the marriage between GM and coach is crucial. If Ireland and the scouts can shift their way of thinking, if they can evaluate talent for a 4-3 defense and WCO...and this is a wait and see thing because Ireland was taught by Parcells and has only drafted for 3-4 defenses and power running, vertical passing offenses until this past draft...then the GM and coach should knock this thing out of the park. Philbin was my first choice as head coach and when he put his staff together I commented how I thought it was excellent...a great mix of NFL and college coaches that showed a commitment to developing players, teaching these guys the game cause players still need that even at this level. Fundamental football doesn't just happen, you have to work at it...and that was something Sparano didn't do...if you didn't just get it with Sparano then he tossed you aside and found someone else and that was on display with the O-line every year. Ireland's job is to get the talent, fill the needs of the team at different positions through the draft and free agency. Philbin's job is to coach every ounce of talent out of these guys, prepare a game plan, recognize what his team does best and accentuate the positives and hide the negatives and most important is develop the players. I think Philbin is doing his part but there's only so much talent you can squeeze out of this group. Hartline has had two 100+ yard receiving game this season after having played 50 games without one...Credit to the coach, system and the rookie QB. Bess in Arizona had a career high 123 receiving yards...again credit to the coach, system and rookie QB. Like I said Philbin is making Ireland look good and I've heard callers on WQAM call in and apologize to Ireland and get excited about Tannehill to the point where I think more fans are going to start showing up to games...and it's all good...but Ireland can put the breaks on this thing in a real hurry by failing in the next draft or he can keep the momentum rolling by having an excellent draft...this team, the future of the franchise and the Dolphins becoming more than just a feel good story to this point in the season hinges on Jeff Ireland and that's not an exaggeration. It's nice to get a little respect but lets face it, we're getting that respect because expectations (from outside of the team and fan base) were so low...most said 3-5 wins tops this season especially with a rookie QB but when expectations are raised perspectives change...no matter how we finish this year the bar goes up next year with Tannehill in his 2nd year...ask the Carolina Panthers how disappointing their season is going when they all expected Cam Newton to take that next step. Ask the Philadelphia Eagles after making all those free agent moves last year if their fans are happy. Ireland has to keep this thing moving forward...the pressure is on.

I see what you did there. Tannehill is doing amazing. Way ahead of schedule, which is great. A great QB is the most important piece of the puzzle. Some of us have been saying that for, what, a decade?

Hartline has been playing lights out. FAR better than he was last year. Last year he had an average YAC of about 0.0009 yards (note hyperbole) and couldn't get much separation. Part of that had to do with the turd throwing him the ball of course (dear god Henne sucked). But he didn't improve much when we switched to a better QB in Moore. Inconsistent was the best description. Still, he was the best WR on our team going into training camp, which makes the calls for his release insane. He's elevated his game this year and has a QB that can make him even better. Just imagine when we get another quality receiver opposite him?

Bush is the other playmaker, when the guy can stay healthy. Unfortunately, his production level drops dramatically at the slightest scrape. Yesterday when he got up limping on the sideline, I immediately thought "well, he's done for the day." I was happy when we signed him. I loved his role in NO and I think a lot of people underestimated what that was there (they got a solid replacement in Sproles, so it was win-win for both teams), but I like everybody else had concerns about injuries. While he hasn't had a serious injury yet (thank god), it's clear that it doesn't take much to take him completely out of the game. Step on his toe, nut slap him, etc. and it's Thomas time (who sucks). Hopefully Miller steps it up. Luckily, it's really not difficult to find RBs in today's league, and it certainly doesn't require high picks any more than linemen do. (PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way saying we get rid of Bush, unless his contract demands are retarded, but we absolutely need to lock up another good RB).

So, long story short, yes, we still need playmakers. The yards are great and Tannehill is developing extremely well, but there's a reason we only have 2 passing TDs (fewest in the league), and it's not all Tannehill. Fasano is really our only endzone target. He's a solid TE and a good target for Tannehill to have, but you need more than a solid TE in today's league.

Luckily, it's absolutely possible to fill these needs in one offseason, so there's really no excuse to not be competing for the division next year if Tannehill continues to develop this way. Once he has some more targets, holy ****.

I agree with us needing more playmakers. I added the bold to the second paragraph to highlight that brian hartline didn't get better. reason is that matt moore and chad henne are extremely inaccurate quarterbacks. Tannehill has good ball placement already, and leads his receiver open. do you see any passes going behind players? Tannehill has ELITE potential with accuracy. The guy is impressive, he's already a middle of the pact quarterback, and he's only going to get better! basically, What I'm saying is that Tannehill makes Hartline better. check yards after catch, and check yards after catch for bess as well

Back
Top Bottom