Smack! Wow. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smack! Wow.

I think every team yearns for more playmakers. I think it's always good to have as much of them as possible. But there is one thing that can help if you are lacking in this department, but its a good Scheme and a Great Coordinator, and good quarterback play along with a good running game. And we currently have all 4. But, the problem is not having enough playmakers our Points Per Game is near the bottom 10 in the league at just 20 PPG. This is why I agree w Ane do need more of them. We are not doing bad in yardage since we are right behind Atlanta in yardage. We nee to add a few more pieces that can take advantage of one on one coverage.

I don't think anyone is content with our current WR core, and I don't think anyone is letting these stats lead them to such beliefs. But frankly it's the 5th week of the season, and I'm sick of hearing people crying about how we need a #1 receiver/play makers/tools for tanne. We're not gonna pick up some veteran trash during our bye week and take up a roster spot. I realize Gaffney was signed but only because Naane was playing with the ability of an AFL backup.

WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT AND LET THESE STATS SHOW YOU THE CAPABILITIES OF OUR YOUNG CURRENT ROSTER.
Picking someone up during the bye week would do little good for us given the new CBA prevents the teams from practicing during the bye. They have to get 4 consecutive days off during the bye...or something like that. Only thing it will do is allow the guy to learn the playbook some during the week off.

I think we'll see Gaffney get involved this week. He's a veteran player that's been in a lot of different systems, he shouldn't take very long picking up the terminology and concepts. We barely used a 3rd WR in the Bengals game. I saw Marlon Moore out there in the 5 WR sets with Clay and Fasano...so we're using TEs where WRs should be.

come on now , what has hartline and bess ever done before this season ? imo there still just avg WRs , imo the reason there doin as good right now is because they havent burt nobody deep until this year ,just think if we had a WR such as megatron or andre johnson on this team or even a reggie wayne type player , Tanny would have awhole lot more yards then he already has , but imo we need more help than what we have at WR ,SAY WHAT YOU WILL butwhen the real test such as elete CBs hook up with hartline then the REAL TEST will show.

With 49 receiving yards at Cincinnati, Davone Bess now has 3,015 receiving yards and needs 49 yards to tie Howard Twilley for 13th place in team history. You realize he was an undrafted F.A. in his just in his fourth year right ? We are not talking about a 10 year vet here. And this is his third offense, his 4th QB. You have to realize the receivers that are most successful normally have continuity on their side. IE Good quarterback, O-line, Running and etc. When was the last time our team had all of that going for itself? So I would imagine, if he has perform decently in the past with what little this team has had because we had to dig our self out of mediocrity with what was left from a 2 decades of bad draft's prior to Ireland's Arrival. The trend that Bess is going to become of the best slot receivers is up.

Now, Hartline has led this team since he got here in YPG every year. And has made some of the most incredible catches I have ever seen. So to me logic would dictate, when and if he get's more at bats, he would be up to the challenge.

I have a great understanding of players development. Just because a 3rd year player stat wise hasn't explode it doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. There is allot of deciding factors that goes into this game, besides he was picked in this round and he should be doing this. This is real life, things just don't always work out that way.

With 49 receiving yards at Cincinnati, Davone Bess now has 3,015 receiving yards and needs 49 yards to tie Howard Twilley for 13th place in team history. You realize he was an undrafted F.A. in his just in his fourth year right ? We are not talking about a 10 year vet here. And this is his third offense, his 4th QB. You have to realize the receivers that are most successful normally have continuity on their side. IE Good quarterback, O-line, Running and etc. When was the last time our team had all of that going for itself? So I would imagine, if he has perform decently in the past with what little this team has had because we had to dig our self out of mediocrity with what was left from a 2 decades of bad draft's prior to Ireland's Arrival. The trend that Bess is going to become of the best slot receivers is up.

Now, Hartline has led this team since he got here in YPG every year. And has made some of the most incredible catches I have ever seen. So to me logic would dictate, when and if he get's more at bats, he would be up to the challenge.

I have a great understanding of players development. Just because a 3rd year player stat wise hasn't explode it doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. There is allot of deciding factors that goes into this game, besides he was picked in this round and he should be doing this. This is real life, things just don't always work out that way.
How is that even possible when Brandon Marshall led this team in receiving yards for two seasons?

And if Hartline is making the most incredible catches you've ever seen you need to watch other teams play football. No offense to Hartline but there really hasn't been a catch he's made where I say "wow, that was incredible". I've seen some catches by Bess where I say that but not Hartline. I've seen Hartline make routine catches seem difficult...he has a tendency to want to face the ball as it comes to him...not real comfortable catch the ball over his shoulder it would seem.

How is that even possible when Brandon Marshall led this team in receiving yards for two seasons?

And if Hartline is making the most incredible catches you've ever seen you need to watch other teams play football. No offense to Hartline but there really hasn't been a catch he's made where I say "wow, that was incredible". I've seen some catches by Bess where I say that but not Hartline. I've seen Hartline make routine catches seem difficult...he has a tendency to want to face the ball as it comes to him...not real comfortable catch the ball over his shoulder it would seem.

AVG YPC, My bad I meant Yards Per Catch!

My brain kind of broke when he declared Ireland dug us out of mediocrity.

My brain kind of broke when he declared Ireland dug us out of mediocrity.

I was referring to our draft history. Ireland success and finding starters during his tenure is better than his predecessors. I think time after time statistics have shown his draft selections are on par in relation to other GM's as far as percentage of starters selected. But, I'm not really trying to turn this into another Ireland thread please. He sucks I get it already, I'm in the minority and I'm delusional for believing otherwise. Fine already.

I was referring to our draft history. Ireland success and finding starters during his tenure is better than his predecessors.

Brain is still breaking now that you have stated you think we have been drafting well.

That stat seem a little convoluted to anyone else?

Perhaps it is convoluted, but have you realized that this statistic is only the 1st thread that the poster created on the second Monday before 4 PM ? To this day, it's still the first and only post of this kind. Truly, I don't know if that means anything to you, but it's big!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Luck will do the same thing by next week.

Luck is less than 50 yards shy of having done it in 1 less game.

Brain is still breaking now that you have stated you think we have been drafting well.

"Better than his predecessors." We're setting the bar quite high aren't we?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

I guess that's his fault and he is responsible for the failures prior to his arrival.

Next up, a thread will pop up talking about how great we were in the 2004 season. You know, because they were better than the 2007 team.

I guess that's his fault and his responsible for the failures prior to his arrival.

You completely misread what I wrote. Not even close actually. In no way, shape, or form did I say that he is responsible for prior GM decisions. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Back
Top Bottom