Smh Minkah Not A "top 10 Defensive Rookie" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smh Minkah Not A "top 10 Defensive Rookie"

Class is looking absolutely stacked out of the gate. Darius Leonard is only 5th on this list and he is coming off an 18 tackle, 1 sack, 1 FF game.

INT's and sacks sell.

Minkah deserves his own statistical category called, MTP's. Made The Play.

Cerebral.

If we can land a DT or LB in next year's draft that is on par with 29's talent, you start to form something really special. We need another a player with this kind of impact on one of the other level's of the D.

He's a sure tackler, smooth in coverage, and is in the right place to make plays. But he doesn't blow guys up on monster hits and hasn't made any interceptions yet. Minkah's not splashy enough for most of these superficial media people.

I'm all in on Fitzpatrick and think he's the best player we've drafted since Jake Long in terms of immediate impact and getting his HOF bust ready, but he's hasn't exactly lit the league on fire yet. He's a sure tackler and doesn't make a lot of mistakes but hasn't done too much yet that makes you go wow thats special. I fully believe he will get there with the splash plays but its just not there yet but its only been 2 games. The list is what it is, 2 games in its hard to judge any of those players really.
I would argue that the fact that he has most likely learned 3 positions (if not 4), and is able to shift to any if them seamlessly is special for a rookie in and of itself.

If he weren't "special", Burke would not have the versatility he now enjoys.

I would argue that the fact that he has most likely learned 3 positions (if not 4), and is able to shift to any if them seamlessly is special for a rookie in and of itself.

If he weren't "special", Burke would not have the versatility he now enjoys.

I didn’t say he wasn’t special. I think he’s very special and his versatility is very special. I just said he wasn’t made a lot wow plays yet but like I said it’s only been 2 games.

I think it hurts him that he may not have a true position but that's ridiculous. I'm a pessimist but I guarantee he's top 10 at season-end
Very good point. He's lined up at FS and in the slot but really he seems to be everywhere. The heck with them. Who cares what they say as long as he help us win which he's been doing so far.

I'm all in on Fitzpatrick and think he's the best player we've drafted since Jake Long in terms of immediate impact and getting his HOF bust ready, but he's hasn't exactly lit the league on fire yet. He's a sure tackler and doesn't make a lot of mistakes but hasn't done too much yet that makes you go wow thats special. I fully believe he will get there with the splash plays but its just not there yet but its only been 2 games. The list is what it is, 2 games in its hard to judge any of those players really.

Not railing on you, but the 4th down stop at the goal line vs Titans was a wow play to me. Superb play diagnosis, quicks to get in position and sure tackling to bring the receiver down short of the goal line. In those circumstances, it was as big of a play as a pick.

I’ve never heard of this guy but he seems like a buffoon just like the rest of them. Ranking Harold Landry #6 because he pressured Watson and forced him out of the pocket?!? Ooooooo

3-4 edge rusher is a very complex position to learn...

much ado about nothing
Yes, it is, but how sweet would it be if the Phins laid waste to the league on their way to a deep playoff run?

I would love for some in the media (local, as well as national) to have to eat crow.

Yes, I play lotto too....

Burke, come on dude. Don't hold Minkah back. He can do all the above but we are just wasting him in the slot.

I wish Leonard was playing lb for us. No range or cover limitations there

B/t this is what happens when you play the slot full time. You get overlooked

I wish Leonard was playing lb for us. No range or cover limitations there

B/t this is what happens when you play the slot full time. You get overlooked

Would love to see him primarily at FS and as chess piece to move around for tough match ups like Cook this Sunday and Gronk the following week.

Even as a nickel slot corner he’s been worth a top 10 pick. And that like never happens.

Heck of a rookie class this 18 crop.

Back
Top Bottom