So happy with the win, so worried about Tannehill's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So happy with the win, so worried about Tannehill's

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
ability to make it through the season healthy. He's on pace to get sacked 80 times - WTF?!!! Some say he's holding the ball too long. I don't know - some of these sacks look like jailbreaks to me. I'm looking for some help in understanding why he's getting dumped so much. Do our tackles stink? Is it because our RBs can't pick up rushers? I love what this kid is doing and I am a HUGE believer! But HOW are we going to keep him healthy - and in the game - the rest of the year?

The O-Line HAS to do better. And I believe they will.

Watching it live I noticed a few things:

1) The entire middle of the line gets pushed back!
2) Tannehill does hold on to the ball sometimes too long
3) The running backs(Miller and especially D.Thomas) need to hit the weight room and work on their blocking technique.
4) I won't even mention the Tackles especially Tyson Clabo

We couldn't open up any holes for the RBs.

Now with all that being said our OC Sherman can help the line out a lot. Simply by spreading teams out defensively and running more quick type offensive plays. Similiar to what Atlanta was doing very early on in the game

Today I saw once where Sims let the guy by way too easy leading to the strip fumble. I also saw D. Thomas let a guy through way too easy twice, both leading to sacks. It isn't our O-line that is getting beaten badly, it's our Rb's and TE's. At least today it was. Not saying our O-line has been great, but 3 sacks today were from horrible efforts by Sims and D thomas. That last one from Thomas was just embarrassing. All he had to do was step up to the guy and he couldve pinned him against Pouncey I believe it was, but he backed off and gave him a love tap then Tanny got killed. I thought Thomas was supposed to be the GOOD blocker in our RB corps.

One things is for sure, it has to get better. If we can give Tannehill time in the pocket he has shown he can murder teams easily. Get r done.

There have to be guys getting called out for their terrible blocking in film study.

Don't be worried. All you need is skill positions to be filled with quality talent and you can have mediocre o-lineman, blocking TE's and RB's and you will be fine. Why? You have skill positional talent. So when your qb gets hammered all year long and goes down with a season ending injury, it won't matter. Why? You have talented skill positions.

Don't be worried. All you need is skill positions to be filled with quality talent and you can have mediocre o-lineman, blocking TE's and RB's and you will be fine. Why? You have skill positional talent. So when your qb gets hammered all year long and goes down with a season ending injury, it won't matter. Why? You have talented skill positions.

The difference is that you get talented skill positions before you get cornfed lineman. Give Tannehill weapons and you see what is happening. Now we can build the trenches next year. There's a reason why the Dolphins are 3-0 this year compared to the teams of the past under Sparano and Ireland's older philosophy of worrying too much about the trenches. Jake Long doesn't beat the Falcons today. Play makers do.

i couldn't believe tannehill scrambled for a first down today. one scramble for positive yardage all season (that i can recall). also a roll out and a nice throw to rishard matthews (i think). one roll out! and he is good at that. it would help if they moved the pocket (often). never let the defense know where he is going to be set up. i can't believe there isn't one designed quarterback run early in EVERY SINGLE GAME just to make the defense think about the threat of him tucking it and running. there are many things you could do to slow down the pass rush. we just don't do it for some reason.

ability to make it through the season healthy. He's on pace to get sacked 80 times - WTF?!!! Some say he's holding the ball too long. I don't know - some of these sacks look like jailbreaks to me. I'm looking for some help in understanding why he's getting dumped so much. Do our tackles stink? Is it because our RBs can't pick up rushers? I love what this kid is doing and I am a HUGE believer! But HOW are we going to keep him healthy - and in the game - the rest of the year?

I wouldn't characterize many of his sacks as jailbreaks, only one today had him get swamped by multiple defenders and that one was partially due to the coverage also taking away his hot reads. Some of his sacks are coming from near free blitzers, but where T-Hill is really failing right now is getting rid of the ball quickly, even throwing it away if he has to, in these instances.

There is no doubt that the offensive line isn't good, our pash rush and running game stats show that, but Tannehill isn't alleviating it, he is making things worse. What's sad is that if he gets hurt, Matt Moore's achilles heel in his 6-6 run with us two years ago was reaction to pass rush.

I wouldn't characterize many of his sacks as jailbreaks, only one today had him get swamped by multiple defenders and that one was partially due to the coverage also taking away his hot reads. Some of his sacks are coming from near free blitzers, but where T-Hill is really failing right now is getting rid of the ball quickly, even throwing it away if he has to, in these instances.

There is no doubt that the offensive line isn't good, our pash rush and running game stats show that, but Tannehill isn't alleviating it, he is making things worse. What's sad is that if he gets hurt, Matt Moore's achilles heel in his 6-6 run with us two years ago was reaction to pass rush.

and inability to bring the team back from behind to a win in crunch time. i love me some matt moore, but the dude doesn't have "it."

The OL does stink, but Tannehill is at least a little to blame. I'd definitely like to see him using his athletic ability more. Feeling the pressure and scrambling to buy time or pick up yards with his feet. With this OL, he needs to have an internal clock built in. If nothing's open after 3 seconds, which is enough time to scan several of his reads, start looking for the checkdown or making a play with his feet. He's going to get killed at this rate, and sacks are obviously drive killers.

This should be the main focus this week...We can't have RT getting hit this much.

Also, tackling drills...Good lord, there were some piss poor tackles in this game today.

He has to learn how to feel the pressure but also to throw the ball away at people's feet. Every play doesn't have to be a completion.

and inability to bring the team back from behind to a win in crunch time. i love me some matt moore, but the dude doesn't have "it."

If you remember, a couple of his come from behind attempts ended with outside rushers practically unblocked knocking the ball loose from Moore, who simply never knew they were there. And he simply wasn't the third and long ace that Tannehill is, which seems essential with the high likelihood that our line will have botched one of the first two downs.

Back
Top Bottom