So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1???? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1????

The play where Drake couldn't get two feet in bounds on 3rd down was on Tanny due to ball placement.

No man that’s a flats concept it’s his job to make sure he knows where he is on the field and get his feet down.

I’m not going with that one. When they dial that up in practice the back is told when you release to the flats make sure that you get your feet in bounds primary. Now does the ball come out a little later due to pressure on the qb on the boot taking the run away yes but that’s a call where qb run primary and drake flats secondary

No man that’s a flats concept it’s his job to make sure he knows where he is on the field and get his feet down.

I’m not going with that one. When they dial that up in practice the back is told when you release to the flats make sure that you get your feet in bounds primary. Now does the ball come out a little later due to pressure on the qb on the boot taking the run away yes but that’s a call where qb run primary and drake flats secondary

He had to spin to make the catch because Tanny threw inside, the ball placement wasn't optimal, I will try to find the vid.

He had to spin to make the catch because Tanny threw inside, the ball placement wasn't optimal, I will try to find the vid.

I get that he has to spin inside but you toe tap that. Make a play. It’s 4th down your feet are more important than anything else.

I get that he has to spin inside but you toe tap that. Make a play

Any WR that would of been an easy 1st down and also the majority of good pass catching rbs I understand that, but If were gonna have an efficient dink and dunk that's on the QB, he has to make that play routinely like Brady. Make it easy for the rb and if he doesn't convert all the blame is on him.

Blaming Tannehill for the 4th down play is where we jump the shark here.

Ball was thrown in bounds. Receiver caught the ball with his whole body well within the field boundary, but failed to get his feet in bounds. This one isn't rocket surgery.

Any WR that would of been an easy 1st down and also the majority of good pass catching rbs I understand that, but If were gonna have an efficient dink and dunk that's on the QB, he has to make that play routinely like Brady. Make it easy for the rb and if he doesn't convert all the blame is on him.

So Tom Brady has never been flushed on the boot and had a rb spin inside on less than optimal placement and catch that and toe tap? Showing field awareness.

We will agree to disagree on that one. If the rbs are gonna be a big part of the passing game in this o they need to make good on that play. Kenyan Drake does at least.

I chalk it up as a learning experience more than anything else. Just like Tannehill only looking to one side pre snap on the red zone sack.

I’m just glad we didn’t pay for it in the win loss column.

NFL RBs are expected to make that 4th down catch every single time... Clear agenda here

So Tom Brady has never been flushed on the boot and had a rb spin inside on less than optimal placement and catch that and toe tap? Showing field awareness.

We will agree to disagree on that one. If the rbs are gonna be a big part of the passing game in this o they need to make good on that play. Kenyan Drake does at least.

I chalk it up as a learning experience more than anything else. Just like Tannehill only looking to one side pre snap on the red zone sack.

I’m just glad we didn’t pay for it in the win loss column.

Gotta nitpick if were grading specific plays from the QB. Ball placement to WRs was top notch especially the 1st TD to Stills and the 3rd conversion to Drake where he had to change throwing platform to avoid the Defender, he threw the 75 yard bomb on the next play.

Gotta nitpick if were grading specific plays from the QB. Ball placement to WRs was top notch especially the 1st TD to Stills and the 3rd conversion to Drake where he had to change throwing platform to avoid the Defender, he threw the 75 yard bomb on the next play.

So if he throws it out front and leads him out of bounds which is where he’s headed then what?

I understand nit pick but damn. Drake is running out of real estate.

You understand that he’s throwing that inside so he’s not leading him out of bounds correct?

When you consider how late he had to throw it I’m not sure there’s an issue with that placement anyways.

He did throw late but not so late he had to throw it outside so he doesn't lead him out of bounds, shoulder position takes first priority if he leads him out of bounds so be it, the consequence is now the RB has to make a somewhat a difficult catch ( even though he should of made it) and u still end up out of bounds anyway. He probably did throw inside on purpose which does make me feel better but not the right decision in my opinion. Toe tap without having to spin makes it easier on the rb.

He did throw late but not so late he had to throw it outside so he doesn't lead him out of bounds, shoulder position takes first priority if he leads him out of bounds so be it, the consequence is now the RB has to make a somewhat a difficult catch ( even though he should of made it) and u still end up out of bounds anyway. He probably did throw inside on purpose which does make me feel better but not the right decision in my opinion. Toe tap without having to spin makes it easier on the rb.

I hear you but I think it’s more about trying to stop the running backs momentum with the throw thus the placement.

Normally I'd agree but Drake was 4 to 5 feet from the sideline. He had ample opportunity to get both feet down.

Back
Top Bottom