So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1???? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1????

And maybe a lil off topic but watch this 5 min clip of Aikman talking about how Barry Switzer practically ruined the last half of his career just by being a shitty coach. Philbin was a different kind of coach, but a shitty one non the less.

if you can draft qb w better upside than thill17. you should draft qb. but do like KC did.to be on safey side. I don't see thill17 being better than alex smith. I have change my mind on thill17 (some what), I don't think we have to rush and draft qb,, but within 2 to 3 yr we need too start look into future..
less see how it goes the next 2 yr. it not all about thill17 but best interest of team winning sb......

isnt it 8-1?

Statements from that guy above like "i believe Thill has hit his ceiling" are just so ludicrous. basedon WHAT?

(dont answer please, i donteven want to bother "arguing" that. sheesh... )

He might not have hit his ceiling yet but saying he has isn't so ludicrous when there is a decade of film to go back and watch on the guy.

30 year old QBs typically are what they are at that point. The handful of them who had career resurgences after 30 are total anomalies. Let's hope Ryan is a freak.

I love Minkah and have said he is Miami's best pick since JT, but would take Mayfield or Darnold over him in a heartbeat.

Because you don’t understand anything about football? Cool story bro. We get it, u hate tannehill

And sub.500 for his career. We all can pick and choose.
Before he got to Oakland Rich Gannon was 21-27.
His 1st 4years with a far superior team: 41-23

Likewise would you have preferred 55-53 SB champ Trent Dilfer in his prime to Archie Manning 35-102-3 and despite his team a 2x first team All Pro??

QB records are more reflective of team and coaching talent as the 2016 difference between Slow Joe and Gase proves in spades.

Aside from that, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" league. And in Tannehill's case it's an indisputable 8-1!!!

Because you don’t understand anything about football? Cool story bro. We get it, u hate tannehill

I understand football and like Tannehill. But I like Darnold and Mayfield better. Okay bro?

I had 3 negative grade plays for Tannehill in this game. The underthrown fade to gesicki where evidently it slipped out his hand. Doesn’t help that gesicki face planted on the play vs a corner but whatever. The deep ball int that was evidently a miscommunication. So not really sure if he shares that one. And the red zone sack where the protection didn’t account for the top side show rusher and tanny never did either. He missed the hot either the top side curl or the flare to the flats with the tight end smythe. He looked bottom side entire way cause he saw the bottom side blitz never saw top side. Sack fg result. It’s possible smythe was suppose to stay in there but I doubt it.

The ball placement for max rac is top shelf level again. I’ve sure missed it. We aren’t leaving yards on the field with ball placement.

You can’t throw that 75 yarder any better. Just can’t do it. The throw to gesicki between 3 defenders would have impaled him if he didn’t catch it.

He might not have hit his ceiling yet but saying he has isn't so ludicrous when there is a decade of film to go back and watch on the guy.

30 year old QBs typically are what they are at that point. The handful of them who had career resurgences after 30 are total anomalies. Let's hope Ryan is a freak.

yeah, i hear you. it of course is possible THill has "hit his ceiling" , physically speaking.

But he said he believes he has hit his ceiling AND is unable to take us deep into the playoffs. [that was his whole point- we need to change horses if we want to make a deep run].

THATS why I called his post ludicrous. BASED ON WHAT???? RT has gotten better each year (and wasnt a bad rookie). His teams have now won 8 of the last 9 games. He can make every throw; he's smart and a good leader and (i could go on and on...)

There is absolutely NO REASON based on evidence to believe he has reached his
peak AS TO WHERE HE CAN TAKE THIS TEAM or a future improved team. NONE!

That's why i thought that post was ludicrous.

RT finally has decent coaches and support pieces, and we're seeing whatso many figured we would when that happened-wins!

Look around at R Wilson, A Luck. Theyre having the opposite happening now- going through what RT had to go through his first four years.

Last edited:
yeah, i hear you. it of course is possible THill has "hit his ceiling"

But he said he believes he has hit his ceiling AND is unable to take us deep into the playoffs. [that was his whole point- we need to change horses if we want to make a deep run].

THATS why I called his post ludicrous. BASED ON WHAT???? RT has gotten better each year (and wasnt a bad rookie). His teams have now won 8 of the last 9 games. He can make every throw; he's smart and a good leader and (i could go on and on...)

There is absolutely NO REASON based on evidence to believe he has reached his
peak AS TO WHERE HE CAN TAKE THIS TEAM or a future improved team. NONE!

That's why i thought that post was ludicrous.

Gotcha. This is one of those rare instances where I'd say the team can go as far as the oline can keep Thill upright. Looking good so far.

It's a crime what he's been put through in Miami. Easiest player to root for ever.

Also, RT doesnt need to be a "freak". This is not about RT all of a sudden becoming a good QB at age 30.

The point most of his supporters are making is that he has always been a good (or "good enough") QB- he just hasnt had the support around him.

Now he does. Let's see what he does with it.

Also, RT doesnt need to be a "freak". This is not about RT all of a sudden becoming a good QB at age 30.

The point most of his supporters are making is that he has always been a good (or "good enough") QB- he just hasnt had the support around him.

BINGO!

I still don't understand how people cany

Exactly!

I had 3 negative grade plays for Tannehill in this game. The underthrown fade to gesicki where evidently it slipped out his hand. Doesn’t help that gesicki face planted on the play vs a corner but whatever. The deep ball int that was evidently a miscommunication. So not really sure if he shares that one. And the red zone sack where the protection didn’t account for the top side show rusher and tanny never did either. He missed the hot either the top side curl or the flare to the flats with the tight end smythe. He looked bottom side entire way cause he saw the bottom side blitz never saw top side. Sack fg result. It’s possible smythe was suppose to stay in there but I doubt it.

The ball placement for max rac is top shelf level again. I’ve sure missed it. We aren’t leaving yards on the field with ball placement.

You can’t throw that 75 yarder any better. Just can’t do it. The throw to gesicki between 3 defenders would have impaled him if he didn’t catch it.

The play where Drake couldn't get two feet in bounds on 3rd down was on Tanny due to ball placement.

Back
Top Bottom