So What Is Your Overall Grade For The Fins Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Is Your Overall Grade For The Fins Draft?

yolli71

Club Member
Reaction score
I'd say a B-. I was hoping for Maurice Hurst or Harrison Phillips. I kind of wanted Derwin James over Minkah but hopefully I'm wrong about that. I was also disappointed that we didn't get Fred Warner and ended up w/ Jerome Baker. That said, I think there could be a method to the madness and that it could turn out well. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Give us a B.I think we did well.We still have a little more wheeling and dealing to do but for now it was not bad.

I don't like to rank the drafts by ABCD
I like what we did. Very happy we didn't trade picks away
Got great talent at the top on positions that really impact the pass offense and pass defense and that's how you draft at the top
We normally suck at drafting oline so we didn't draft any.....lol
we added speed and high character guys and again, the first 4 picks come from winning, big tradition schools Bama, Penn ST, Ohio ST and Notre Dame

I kind of wanted Derwin James over Minkah but hopefully I'm wrong about that.

For all the Derwin James lovers out there, what did you see from him that makes you believe he's somehow better than Minkah? Cause I'm not seeing it.

Fitzpatrick was one of the most important players on a Bama team that won 2 National Championships. The kid was usually all over the field causing havoc. As a freshman, he asserted himself within the 1st 2 weeks of practices. From what I read, he's the only player Nick Saban has ever allowed into coaches only meetings to go over film. I believe Saban said he's the best player he's ever coached.

Don't get me wrong, Derwin James looks like an excellent prospect but what has he done to trump Fitzpatrick's overall resume?

As for a grade on the draft, I say B+.

What's been 2 of our biggest problems the past 10 years....covering TE's and having a good TE that can contribute catching, especially in the endzone. We drafted a safety that can cover TE's, an LB that can cover TE's, and a great pass catching TE that should be a weapon in the endzone. Only time will tell how these players turn out but at least our FO recognizes deficiencies and is trying to correct them.

Incomplete -

Waiting to see what they're going to do to address DT.

For all the Derwin James lovers out there, what did you see from him that makes you believe he's somehow better than Minkah? Cause I'm not seeing it.

Fitzpatrick was one of the most important players on a Bama team that won 2 National Championships. The kid was usually all over the field causing havoc. As a freshman, he asserted himself within the 1st 2 weeks of practices. From what I read, he's the only player Nick Saban has ever allowed into coaches only meetings to go over film. I believe Saban said he's the best player he's ever coached.

Don't get me wrong, Derwin James looks like an excellent prospect but what has he done to trump Fitzpatrick's overall resume?

As for a grade on the draft, I say B+.

I'm a Noles fan and can say that Derwin was a special player. He didn't have eye popping numbers but it was because opposing teams made a conscious effort to stay away from him. I felt like whoever James was covering or whichever side of the field he was on the ball went the other way.

That being said he still made alot of spectacular plays. Dude could ball. He was a big time hitter in the box but also played with that finesse, smoothness you want to see in a DB. He was sneaky fast. Didn't even seem like he was running fast but he would cover some ground. Great instincts seemed to diagnose plays well.

I do wish we grabbed him for some reason it seemed like we picked the 2nd best safety there and then followed it up with a TE who was second best available IMO

This is an A draft to me. I'm iffy on the later rounds, but they clearly had a plan. A lot of these guys are immediate contributors. Most of these guys are really fast. They focused on our biggest weakness on defense which is covering the middle of the field. Fitz may end up being the face of the defense for years.

B. I'm one of those OL and DL first kind of guys (except DE this year), so I can't grade it A, but of the positions they went for these are top quality guys. They thought outside the box a bit, and I like it.

Baker make or breaks this draft for me. Minkah was an A, Gesicki A-, Baker ???

If he ends u a good starter the draft was great, but if hes JAG it brings down the overall draft a lot. Not expecting too much from the rest of our late draft.

Back
Top Bottom