So What Is Your Overall Grade For The Fins Draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Is Your Overall Grade For The Fins Draft?

Since we don't really know at this point who is going to do what I am using the pass / fail grading scale. I give us a PASS based on Minkah and the two TE's because they will probably help us the most. The other guys, will help us in a variety of ways as backups and special teamers. Lately, haven't we don't pretty good with the guys we take in the late rounds? So, if we hold form, maybe one of those guys will emerge. As usual, I am excited after our draft. These guys are just a few pieces to the puzzle. I think our team is really going to surprise some people, in a good way, this year.

For the first time ever I approved of the first 5 picks so I have to give it an A- based on that alone.

I HATED not have a fifth round pick and I’m not optimistic about the player obtained with that pick.

Poling is going to be a fan favorite real quick.

Replace Baker with Rudolph or a DT and it would have been a great draft. Baker is my least favorite pick at this point, as I don't know if he beats out any of the backup LBs we already have. RB is a boom/bust pick so hard to grade. I don't get too worked up about 6-7 rounders, but an inaccurate kicker is the last thing I want. I hope Rizzi see's something that we are all missing bc I'll take accuracy over power any day of the week.

A-

I doubt it was ever in their plans to draft a QB no matter how much some fans and the media wanted it. They had one hell of a smokescreen which landed them a very solid athlete in Minkah. The Fins now have a young, talented, & relatively cheap DB core. What I also like about the DBs is they came out of college with experience competing at the highest collegiant level.

I couldn’t have asked for a better 2nd round pick. Freak freak freak athlete. I kinda wish we had Dantalica back to coach him up. Honestly, how many people can compete on a jump ball with a 6’6” guy with a 41” vert? This really has my hopes up that the Fins have found a rockstar TE for the future.

Rest of the draft I felt went well. Filled needs with versatile players that shouldn’t be liabilities if on the field and can at minimum come in and contribute day 1. I also completely trust the FO with the Ballage pick. They have nailed the mid to late round RBs for quite a while now and I expect this to be no different.

Not sure what the Noles fan was watching when he commented on James. I too watched every FSU game and James did not play well in the big games. His range was lacking, did not go all out and allowed numerous big plays. There was a reason he dropped to 17 because his film warranted it. Minkah was by far the better player.
The Baker pick was the curious one. He played great 2years ago intercepting Mayfield for a TD and making huge plays against Michigan. Last year he fell off for some reason. But then after criticism he was outstanding in the B1G title game.
Gesicki all day over Goedert. Big time team over little school and receiving skills not close.

I really do not understand knocking down this draft due to the lack of taking a DT. I get even more confused when the argument is we should have taken one late in the draft.

We have three young DT in our current rotation, two of which are second year players. I don't understand how adding a rookie, especially a late round rookie, is supposed to save this draft and more importantly this years team.

We were extremely fortunate at how our late round DT rookies performed last year. Godchaux and Taylor performed way above expectation. We have a young core going forward, and adding more young players is not the need.

We are in desperate need of a veteran in that room, and that will happen in the coming months. He does not need to be world beater, just a solid rotational piece with experience and a good attitude.

I loved the draft and think we hit some major need areas. Most importantly overall team speed. I agree that we still need a DT, and I feel that the front office sees the same need that I do and that was not going to come from the draft.

Just my opinion and my overall grade would be an A- with the first three picks being weighted heavier than the rest.

We got an ELITE defender and finally got the stud TE we've been clamoring for

As for the rest of the picks... hopefully a couple pan out. We all know most mid late rounders don't turn into much. A+ for me

I really do not understand knocking down this draft due to the lack of taking a DT. I get even more confused when the argument is we should have taken one late in the draft.

We have three young DT in our current rotation, two of which are second year players. I don't understand how adding a rookie, especially a late round rookie, is supposed to save this draft and more importantly this years team.

We were extremely fortunate at how our late round DT rookies performed last year. Godchaux and Taylor performed way above expectation. We have a young core going forward, and adding more young players is not the need.

We are in desperate need of a veteran in that room, and that will happen in the coming months. He does not need to be world beater, just a solid rotational piece with experience and a good attitude.

I loved the draft and think we hit some major need areas. Most importantly overall team speed. I agree that we still need a DT, and I feel that the front office sees the same need that I do and that was not going to come from the draft.

Just my opinion and my overall grade would be an A- with the first three picks being weighted heavier than the rest.

Exactly, same for being criticized for not picking up a QB late.

A-

At least on paper as things stand now, I was absolutely ecstatic with this team’s draft. Of course we need to see how things play out on the field, but I was happy with the calculating measure and patience in their picks - they let the board come to them and acted accordingly.

IMO, they nailed the first four picks and addressed three positions of need. The mere fact that they were able to land the epic combination of Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Gesicki with the first two picks, was a huge win from where I’m standing.

Couldn’t be happier!

I'd say a B-. I was hoping for Maurice Hurst or Harrison Phillips. I kind of wanted Derwin James over Minkah but hopefully I'm wrong about that. I was also disappointed that we didn't get Fred Warner and ended up w/ Jerome Baker. That said, I think there could be a method to the madness and that it could turn out well. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This early, I grade on filling BIG hopes with top picks. Don't know enough about R4 or below to grade. Fitz and Gesicki - A+. Baker is a struggle for me. A little light but good techniques, fast. OTOH, he still has a lot to learn. Overall, B+ - A-

There was no way the team was going to be fixed in one draft. The first two picks need to be starters but, that's a given. One more starter in the final rounds and it's a solid B+. No picks for the trenches is a concern. If the o-line falters or we can't stop the run again then it's a C- depending on who we add before opening day.

Back
Top Bottom