Something that worries me about Chris Grier | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something that worries me about Chris Grier

You guys can't just talk out of both sides of your mouth. You're blaming Grier for picks when previous coaches were here, but then acting like Flores is "carrying" Grier. It's one or the other. Either Grier is picking all of those players or he's working with the coaches. For all you know Gase pounded the table for Charles Harris.

You act like the draft is this super serious thing. Andy Reid literally just asked Mahomes which RB he liked at the end of the 1st and he said Edwards-Helaire so they picked him.

it absolutely is not either one or the other. There are two completely different power structures. Grier deserves credit, but to act like flores isn’t largely responsible for the turnaround this franchise has seen is silly imo.

all that said, give Grier credit for hiring flores.

now excuse me as I go watch my 80 year old governor address what she is gonna do w/ our state

Flo is calling the shots and Grier is pushing the buttons. The Dolphins are well aware that they can't draft so they brought in a coach with a big personnel back round plus 2 guys that know how to draft and build winning teams. Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen will help our ball club in ways we'll likely never hear about. I predict we won't have Allen and McKenzie for long because after this season some team will swoop in and snag one or both. But, for now, we have them and look at the trenches!!! We're not going to be embarrassed anymore by not being able to get short yards when needed. We're also building something very special on defense. Flores showed a lot of emotion over the DT from Bama, Davis, maybe the kid will be awesome right out of the gate. He seems to be a very tough individual!! We got some mean, big linemen that will add needed toughness to this roster. I'm sick of being the less physical team. Gase and Philbin set us back over 10 years with their weak, pathetic brand of football. Give me smash mouth, and then some beautiful passes, of course!! This was the draft where we had to take our medicine and deal with the trenches and we did. The tough part was seeing all the stud RBs come off the board. Hopefully, we have enough at RB.

totally agree. What I’m saying is flores is saving grier

the way the bottom of the roster stayed churning last year, the better team yet half the talent, picks like tua and igbo. Those aren’t moves Chris Grier normally makes. Those are Brian flores moves

Grier has role And he’s valuable. But flores is carrying is doubling as more than a head coach.

I think the tandem works very well.
I think that's presuming a lot. Still, I won't argue the point. Anything is possible. We don't know. Speculating about it now is really kind of like ladies gossiping at a tupperware party. lol

All we can do now is hope for the best. He wasn’t in charge during those years so there is no telling how much say he had. I’ve had managers that wouldn’t listen to even the winning lotto numbers. Some people have the mentality of “my way pr the highway”.

I think that's presuming a lot. Still, I won't argue the point. Anything is possible. We don't know. Speculating about it now is really kind of like ladies gossiping at a tupperware party. lol

it absolutely is presuming a lot. I know nothing.

but I can observe and form an opinion and take a crack at what’s happening.

I think what’s happening is largely Brian flores.

I do think they work excellent together thus far. But Brian flores is the prized cow here

Flo is calling the shots and Grier is pushing the buttons. The Dolphins are well aware that they can't draft so they brought in a coach with a big personnel back round plus 2 guys that know how to draft and build winning teams. Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen will help our ball club in ways we'll likely never hear about. I predict we won't have Allen and McKenzie for long because after this season some team will swoop in and snag one or both. But, for now, we have them and look at the trenches!!! We're not going to be embarrassed anymore by not being able to get short yards when needed. We're also building something very special on defense. Flores showed a lot of emotion over the DT from Bama, Davis, maybe the kid will be awesome right out of the gate. He seems to be a very tough individual!! We got some mean, big linemen that will add needed toughness to this roster. I'm sick of being the less physical team. Gase and Philbin set us back over 10 years with their weak, pathetic brand of football. Give me smash mouth, and then some beautiful passes, of course!! This was the draft where we had to take our medicine and deal with the trenches and we did. The tough part was seeing all the stud RBs come off the board. Hopefully, we have enough at RB.
Let's hope both McKenzie and Allen enjoy basking in the Florida Sun and decide to stay for an extended period of time. As a long time Dolphin fan, Miami's F/O finally seems set in the traditional structure of a Football Franchise. Something it's lacked for many, many years.

Flo is calling the shots and Grier is pushing the buttons.

That’s how I see it.

People failed to notice when he stated his dream job was to be an NFL GM, while coming up as a scout. He just fell into coaching and couldn’t stop climbing that ladder.

Make no mistake about it, this is Flores’s vision being executed.

Dare anyone to ask him about Raekwon Davis to his face.

Grier has not been a good GM up to this point. Hiring Flores good, everything else? Not so good. This draft will be the most telling about his player evaluation. One thing I have learned about Fin Nation is that they are loyal to a fault. They loved Ryan Tannehiil for 7 years too many, and Gase until he left, and everyone else until it became obvious they sucked. It will be the same with Grier.

I swear some folks are just dumber than a box of rocks!

Mister Grier has stated OVER + OVER he believes in a collaborative effort

so you better 100% believe Flores was on-board with pretty much every pick

especially the top half!

I just wanna know who scouted evaluated and "rated" that snappa!

:lol:

Oh and an addendum to my post a few pages ago about Grier.

If this roster doesn't work there is no more excuse for Ross to keep the front office in house anymore (VPs, GM, Scouting, Medical, Coaching). It all goes next time. Hell maybe even Ross goes.

Back
Top Bottom