Source Confirms Devante Parker Has Broken Right Middle Finger. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source Confirms Devante Parker Has Broken Right Middle Finger.

4 to 6 weeks ??......Geeze, it's a middle finger for christ sakes. If one digs long enough they could find out he's out for the season or it's career ender.

He'll start week 1

I don't know if you've ever had a broken bone, but that **** hurts. Imagine trying to catch a 50mph object and it hits a broken bone. I broke my pinky toe in high school and even walking on it the wrong way was excruciating. If it's a bad break he probably wouldn't be effective.

Plus, don't give it time to heal and then it becomes a much longer problem.

Look there are 3 levels of talent of any athlete in any sport. 1. Pure athletic talent. 2. Mental toughness 3. Injury prone talent. When a athlete pushes themselves to extreme levels regardless of their talent level and no matter how mentally tough they are if their physical makeup cannot standup to the physical strains then that athlete simply will underperform on the field. So you can give these guys all the tests you want, run em thru drills and that great but if you ate not looking at their history in college of getting hurt or nicked up you are overlooking at least 1/3 of the equation or maybe more. A good argument could be made that it may be the most important as a great athlete sitting on the bench is less valuable than a good athlete always on the field. Ask Zach Thomas. I have posting for awhile that our recievers corp outside of Wilson is full of these types of guys. Hopefully we have enough to get through the season.

Look there are 3 levels of talent of any athlete in any sport. 1. Pure athletic talent. 2. Mental toughness 3. Injury prone talent. When a athlete pushes themselves to extreme levels regardless of their talent level and no matter how mentally tough they are if their physical makeup cannot standup to the physical strains then that athlete simply will underperform on the field. So you can give these guys all the tests you want, run em thru drills and that great but if you ate not looking at their history in college of getting hurt or nicked up you are overlooking at least 1/3 of the equation or maybe more. A good argument could be made that it may be the most important as a great athlete sitting on the bench is less valuable than a good athlete always on the field. Ask Zach Thomas. I have posting for awhile that our recievers corp outside of Wilson is full of these types of guys. Hopefully we have enough to get through the season.
You have a point. Parker was damaged when we drafted him, so that's on the front office.

I wouldn't put Stills in the "fragile" category though.

Last edited:
I don't know if you've ever had a broken bone, but that **** hurts. Imagine trying to catch a 50mph object and it hits a broken bone..

Think that's part of the problem for 4 years or whatever all we've been able to do is "imagine" Parker catching that object.

I don't know if you've ever had a broken bone, but that **** hurts. Imagine trying to catch a 50mph object and it hits a broken bone. I broke my pinky toe in high school and even walking on it the wrong way was excruciating. If it's a bad break he probably wouldn't be effective.

Plus, don't give it time to heal and then it becomes a much longer problem.

The best two fingers to break are the middle finger and the ring finger. Players fracture fingers and even break them and half the time don't even know it and play through the pain. By no means am I saying he should. 2 solid weeks to heal and rarely do starters play in the 4th preseason game anyway. Lets see what the new blood can do. Next man up.

Disappointed because I would’ve liked to see him simply get more reps and chemistry with Tannehill.

They’ve been off a bit this TC, and with 17 missing all of last year, they could really use all the opportunities they can get during the preseason and otherwise to get on the same page. His inability to consistently practice has been a major hamper on his regular season production, imo.

You have a point. Parker was damaged when we drafted him, so that's on the front office.

I wouldn't put Stills in the "fragile" category though.
Well Stills is currently out resting a sprained ankle after less than a 1/4 of play. Stills didn't miss any games last year but he was pretty quiet in a couple of games while nursing some of those nicks. So he is part of the picture, unfortunately.

The N F L history of dudes like Parker -- with ongoing injury issues (out of college) and (let's be honest) shows up in 1 game then disappears for weeks etc. is...

Well, I'm no N F L historian but great players tend to demonstrate their capacity right away. And that's goods news for players like Fitz and Gesicki -- who are demonstrating serious chops right out of the blocks.

My opinion! (OK) Parker is simply too soft mentally, which manifests at the physical level as assorted "injuries" because --- not to get esoteric on a site like this but --- for dudes who have played competitive sports at a high level of competition --- it becomes 90% + mental.

N F L Football is a TUFF game.

Parker is SOFT.

If he hangs around -- I hope he proves me wrong (and the historical reference I referred to).

But... Don't count on it.

BNF.

Editors note: if Parkers was a low round pick or UDFA this conversation would NOT be happening. That fact alone tells you all you need to know.

I like how plenty of people are criticizing a man who got a common football injury, who needs this hands to do his job, as if catching a football with a broken finger wouldn’t be painful or hinder someone. Plenty of tough guys on the internet
I understand and I think most do as well - I think it’s more of a reaction to the constant onslaught of injuries that “sound” weak - tweaked ankle, broken finger, tight hamstrings, etc. Everyone is just frustrated that the kid can’t stay on the field.

Is it true that after a typically physical coverage assignment Parker communicated to X. Howard using that finger and then X. instinctively did a finger break-up? …. joking … joking … I kid … sheesh, why so cereal?

Back
Top Bottom