Source Indicates That The Dolphins And Jakeem Grant Are Close To A 4-year Contract Extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source Indicates That The Dolphins And Jakeem Grant Are Close To A 4-year Contract Extension

Dumb response being I was looking at it from the teams perspective. But ok, troll away guy. Hahaha

Says the guy that goes after the other guy because he's in-line to get paid. BTW, The guy's easily in the top 5 playmaker on the entire team and Top 10-15 at his position in the entire league...I see you hater!

This would be a good move. You can’t teach that kids start - stop acceleration to full speed. I hate the term “game changer” but that’s what he is. He has a lot of long TDs in him - be it via return, air or shovel pass etc.

I like that we rewarded Grant for being the ultimate hard worker and team player.

Nice guy. I just hope it wasn't for a lot of money. His agent should have (not "should of", idiots) given him a realistic expectation of what kick returners and part-time, one-dimensional receivers - no matter how exciting they may be - are getting in the open market.

Like others have said, I'd like to see the numbers before I know if I like the move or not. We've been burnt before by giving out deals to players coming back from injury and lets face it, while he can make a play for you from time to time he has never been consistent. Maybe he will be moving forward but I'm very surprise at this move when you consider this is the type of move that we've made in the past that hasn't worked. Hoping for the best here.

Should have made him play at the $720k number he was due for 2019.

Don’t like when this team bids against itself when it doesn’t have to.

That’s very tbaum like.

Anyways gun to my head next two guys Miami extends outside of tunsil (which they don’t need to do right now) godchaux and Jerome baker. And both would also be premature.

Godchauxs gonna want top 5 nose tackle type money and baker is playing with less hesitation in the preseason. Looks like a guy whose gonna get paid down the line.

Says the guy that goes after the other guy because he's in-line to get paid. BTW, The guy's easily in the top 5 playmaker on the entire team and Top 10-15 at his position in the entire league...I see you hater!

Curious to see the money on this. Hasn’t proved a whole lot but proved he can make plays sporadically. Not sure if he’s worth the extension if he hasn’t proved to be an every down player. Especially coming back from injury.

Haha, you have issues dude. Take it up with the other posters who liked my post. You’re so bad at trolling and baiting.

Last edited:
I've said this before but Jakeem Grant has the makeup of exactly the sort of player that the New England Patriots would show trust in, to the point they'd give him a long term extension.

He practices like nobody else on the team. He finds multiple ways to affect the game. He's played through injuries and hurts. He's a guy who has been made to understand very early in his football career that there are no excuses in football. And perhaps most attractive of all, due to his diminutive size, he has the potential to remain underpaid regardless of his production.

New England loves those guys like that, that contribute on the football field but don't fit the sort of classical molds that get bid-up in open market.

I love Grant but the timing on this is very suspect. Reminds me to much of Jones' extension. I hope it turns out better.

Back
Top Bottom