SOX WIN!! World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!! 2004!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SOX WIN!! World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!! 2004!!!

nyjunc said:
Everyone acknowledges that 2000 started the new Millenium even though technically it did not. A decade is definied by 10 years and doesn't technically start until the 1st year(such as '91 in the 90s) so technically 1990 is apart of the decade of the 80s. It's all meaningless, ti's not like we won a WS 90 years ago, it was only 4 years ago and if that's what Sox fans need to hold on to to think they are in our class then go ahead and kid yourselves.
The Sox OWN the years between '01 -'18!!! Check the history baby!! 6 titles in that span!! Get ready to eat dust!!

inFINSible said:
The Sox OWN the years between '01 -'18!!! Check the history baby!! 6 titles in that span!! Get ready to eat dust!!

That's a good one, I like that line :lol:

nyjunc said:
EVERY team and their fans wishes they had the success of the Yankees. Are you telling me you would rather have lost for 86 years and win 1 title than win 26 Championships in that span? Come on, you can't expect anybody to believe that. It was great what Boston did, enjoy this b/c you don't know how long it will be until the next one. Don't start comparing yourself to the Yankees b/c it's an argumetn you can't ein. I tip my hat to the Sox, they were better this year when it counted but I'd much rather see my team's rival win 1 Title in 86 years than 26 in 80 or so.
Dude, I'm happy with what we got. I don't care about what the skanks have done over the years and If I "wished my team had success like the Skankees" -
I WOULD HAVE BEEN A SKANKEE FAN.

So dont come at me with its an "argument I cant win" cause I just won.

FiN.in.RI said:
Dude, I'm happy with what we got. I don't care about what the skanks have done over the years and If I "wished my team had success like the Skankees" -
I WOULD HAVE BEEN A SKANKEE FAN.

So dont come at me with its an "argument I cant win" cause I just won.

You should b happy w/ your 1 title in 86 years, it took a long time to get and who knows if you see another one. That's my point, you guys seem to think that yankee fans are on suicide watch b/c the Sox won(we don't care nearly as much about you guys as you do about us) and now you have this 1 title over us. It sucks that you guys won but 26 Championships will make a fan secure and your bargging rights are only temporary. Enjoy the win and stop worrying about the greatest franchise in the history of sports.

The fact that you're still posting makes it pretty clear that you care about the Red Sox, man. If you want to make your point, then SHUT IT.

nyjunc said:
You should b happy w/ your 1 title in 86 years, it took a long time to get and who knows if you see another one. That's my point, you guys seem to think that yankee fans are on suicide watch b/c the Sox won(we don't care nearly as much about you guys as you do about us) and now you have this 1 title over us. It sucks that you guys won but 26 Championships will make a fan secure and your bargging rights are only temporary. Enjoy the win and stop worrying about the greatest franchise in the history of sports.
Whatever makes you sleep at night. Fact is I dont care about the skankees and their "past" dominance. I care about now and the future. Maybe you can argue your BS with other Sox fans but not me. Fact is since the skanks broke the 100 million payroll they havent done spit since. The Red Sox have real owners now, real owners with deep pockets who aren't afraid to break the bank for a star that's actually "worth" it. Fact is I've been a fan for about 15 years and thats not that long of a time to wait for a World Series title! You're the one that's worrying, not me.

Jimmy James said:
The fact that you're still posting makes it pretty clear that you care about the Red Sox, man. If you want to make your point, then SHUT IT.

Actually all I did was congratulate you guys then it turned into a Yankee-Sox argument.

Last I checked yankee fans never started chanting "red Sox Suck" moments after we won the WS like the Sox fans chanted "Yankees Sucks" or whatver they chant. last I checked at parades for the Giants & rangers no one started chanting "Yankees Suck" like fans did at the patriots parade. Boston is infatuated w/ NY w/ this intense jealousy and if you don't believe it then you don't live anywhere near Boston. I was fine just congratulating you guys and all Sox fans but you guys turn it into a "Sox are better than the Yankees" argument which isn't true, isn't anywhere near true overall.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Gotta laugh when someone says i'm a loser in life over the internet.
and if i'm such a b*tch, why do I always make trips up to Boston when the Yanks play the Sox and win or lose I am always the one shutting Red Sox fans up. Come to the bleachers in the Bronx R.I fan, I challenge u. I'll go to a Red Sox game with u at fenway, u do the same in the Bronx with me and we'll see who's holding what down.................b*tch!!
I love irony... it's so ironic.

While 2000 may not technically be part of the 21st Century it is accepted that it is. It's like 1990 is technically part of the '80s but no one accepts that.
Dude, only people who don't stop to think end up accepting the notion that 2000 is part of the 21st Century.

Don't start comparing yourself to the Yankees b/c it's an argumetn you can't ein.
The Red Sox fans in this thread didn't start comparing themselves to the Yankees... a Yankee fan compared their team's past successes to those of the Red Sox, presumably in an attempt to make himself feel better about this year.

You guys started it. No Red Sox fan would even begin to argue that the Red Sox have been as successful as the Yankees.

You should b happy w/ your 1 title in 86 years, it took a long time to get and who knows if you see another one.
Who knows if Yankee fans will see another one?

That's my point, you guys seem to think that yankee fans are on suicide watch b/c the Sox won
Who ever said that? This clearly bothers Yankee fans, or they wouldn't be bringing up crap like "Oh, yeah - we've still got 26 rings, and you've only got 6," or "Now you're just another team".

I was fine just congratulating you guys and all Sox fans but you guys turn it into a "Sox are better than the Yankees" argument which isn't true, isn't anywhere near true overall.
Two points.

1. Red Sox fans did NOT turn this into a "Sox vs. Yankees" thing. A Yankee fan did, when he pointed out that his team had 26 rings compared to the Red Sox' 6.

2. The Red Sox ARE better than the Yankees. At least this year. You're simply imagining that Red Sox fans are saying things they're not saying. Who would ever argue that the Red Sox have had more success in the past than the Yankees -- you'd have to be an idiot.

Dude, only people who don't stop to think end up accepting the notion that 2000 is part of the 21st Century.

It is accepted that the new Millenium started in 2000, we know technically that isn't true but it is accepted that it is.

The Red Sox fans in this thread didn't start comparing themselves to the Yankees

Actually a Sox fan made a comment and the another Sox fan posted a choking picture.

Who knows if Yankee fans will see another one?

I'm pretty confident that the greatest franchise in the history of sports will find a way to win another Championship. it may not be next year or 5 years from now but I think it will happen again- that's a safe bet.

Who ever said that? This clearly bothers Yankee fans, or they wouldn't be bringing up crap like "Oh, yeah - we've still got 26 rings, and you've only got 6," or "Now you're just another team".

Obviously Yankee fans aren't happy w/ the way things turned out but we aren't obsessed w/ the Sox the way Sox fans are w/ the Yankees. Having 26 Titles to fall back on and 4 in the last 8 years makes it easier to deal w/ this.

nyjunc said:
Actually a Sox fan made a comment and the another Sox fan posted a choking picture.
don't be a clown.. i posted the skankee choking becuase of what finsnstanks fan said first.. i wasn't gonna mention anything about the stanks and their sucky season until other ppl started it. Your a chump tryin to twist **** around like that.

It is accepted that the new Millenium started in 2000, we know technically that isn't true but it is accepted that it is.
The only people who "accept" this are morons.

Post #9 -- FinsNYanksFan13 vbmenu_register("postmenu_742859", true); says, "F*ck Boston!!" This is the first real inflamatory remark of the thread from either a Red Sox or Yankees fan.

This is what started things between the Red Sox and Yankees fans on this thread.

I'm pretty confident that the greatest franchise in the history of sports will find a way to win another Championship.
And 13 days ago, I'm sure you were pretty confident that the greatest franchise in the history of sports would finish off the Red Sox fairly easily, based largely on history.

But the fact of the matter is that as of this moment, the Red Sox and Yankees are on roughly equal footing. Heading into the future, I think it's reasonable to suggest that they have roughly the same chances of being successful.

Obviously Yankee fans aren't happy w/ the way things turned out but we aren't obsessed w/ the Sox the way Sox fans are w/ the Yankees.
Judging by the response from Yankee fans the last week or so, I'm not sure this is the case any more.

And 13 days ago, I'm sure you were pretty confident that the greatest franchise in the history of sports would finish off the Red Sox fairly easily, based largely on history.

I was still nervous(I always am until the last game is won) but nobody thought the Yanks would blow that series- not Sox fans, not Yank fans, NOBODY.

But the fact of the matter is that as of this moment, the Red Sox and Yankees are on roughly equal footing. Heading into the future, I think it's reasonable to suggest that they have roughly the same chances of being successful.

I agree BUT the Sox have alot of FAs so they will most likely not have the same team coming back. They'll lose some key guys while we'll add a big time pitcher or 2 and that should be enough to get back to the WS but we'll see. We have bee even for 2 seasons now and I expect the Sox to be good again but I'll reserve judgement until we see what they do w/ their key FAs.

Judging by the response from Yankee fans the last week or so, I'm not sure this is the case any more.

IF another NY team wins a Championship soon and we started chanting "Boston sucks" or if the yanks win again next year and 5 minutes after the final out we start chanting "Boston sucks" then I'll agree w/ you. To be honest w/ you I think this "rivalry" is way overblown. It was great in the mid-late 70s and has been great the past 2 years but outside of that it has been overblown. I started following the yanks as a kid in the 80s and nobody cared about the Sox, nobody cared baout the Sox really until these past 2 years. I never truly hated Boston teams(I dislike them but didn't despise them) until I went to a Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2000. The fans there were so jealous of NY it was sickening, they didn;'t pay attention to that game for a minute. All they did was chant "NY sucks, Yankees suck, Jets suck, Mets suck,...", that's when I began to hate them. I even went to a Yankee-Red Sox game at fenway in 1998 and didn't feel the hate. The rivalry is overblown and will fade back unless the Sox can keep this up.

Don't go acting like the rivalry was bad in the late 80s because the Red Sox sucked -- it was the Yankees who weren't holding up their end of the bargain. Let's look at just who won the East those years...

1986: Boston 1st, New York 2nd
1987: Boston 5th, New York 4th
1988: Boston 1st, New York 5th
1989: Boston 3rd, New York 5th

Jimmy James said:
Don't go acting like the rivalry was bad in the late 80s because the Red Sox sucked -- it was the Yankees who weren't holding up their end of the bargain. Let's look at just who won the East those years...

1986: Boston 1st, New York 2nd
1987: Boston 5th, New York 4th
1988: Boston 1st, New York 5th
1989: Boston 3rd, New York 5th

I didn't say it wasn't great b/c the Sox sucked, when I grew up the Sox were better than the Yankees but it wasn't a great rivalry then and for most of history it has not been a great rivalry. It is right now but outside of these 2 years and the mid-lates 70s it's not much of a rivalry. Think about the moments, what moments from this rivalry are stuck in people's heads?

-Bucky Dent
-the brawl in the 70s
-'99 ALCS
-'03 & '04 pennant races and ALCS

That's it, there are other events but they had little to do w/ head to head.

-Yanks getting Babe
-Dimaggio's 56 vs. Williams' .406
-Righetti's no hitter

That's about it. It has not been a great rivalry throughout history.

Back
Top Bottom