SOX WIN!! World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!! 2004!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SOX WIN!! World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!! 2004!!!

IF another NY team wins a Championship soon and we started chanting "Boston sucks"

I can honestly say...
If the Mets win the WS no Mets fan will be chanting "Boston Sucks" at the victory parade. We didn't even do that in 86. BUT I'm sure at the next parade there will be a "Yankees suck" chant. It was pretty loud when the LOWLY NY Mets swept the mighty might Yankmees at Shea this season. :lol: (who said once in a while the sun shines on a dogs ***?)

I would bet that if the Yankmees ever win another one (though the last 4 years proves money can't buy happiness) moronic Yankmee fans would certainly start chanting "Boston sucks" at their parade down Broadway.

Got this off another site:

Here's the Yankmees gozillion dollar man who can't hit with RISP.

Peebs said:
I can honestly say...
If the Mets win the WS no Mets fan will be chanting "Boston Sucks" at the victory parade. We didn't even do that in 86. BUT I'm sure at the next parade there will be a "Yankees suck" chant. It was pretty loud when the LOWLY NY Mets swept the mighty might Yankmees at Shea this season. :lol: (who said once in a while the sun shines on a dogs ***?)

I would bet that if the Yankmees ever win another one (though the last 4 years proves money can't buy happiness) moronic Yankmee fans would certainly start chanting "Boston sucks" at their parade down Broadway.

I'm positive we won't be seeing a parade for the Mets anytime soon and when the yanks win their next one(probably next year) I doubt we'll hear "Boston Sucks" it will just get life back to normal and make the Sox insignificant to us(much like the Mets are insignificant to us)

By the way congrats on that HUGE reg season 3 game sweep of us, that was a great job by the Mets and it really propelled them to win that big 3 game set w/ Montreal in September to assure them they wouldn't finish in last.

Peebs said:
Got this off another site:

Here's the Yankmees gozillion dollar man who can't hit with RISP.

The whole lineup went into a slump those last 4 games but he was the best player in the playoffs up until game 4 of the ALCS.

I'm positive we won't be seeing a parade for the Mets anytime soon and when the yanks win their next one(probably next year) I doubt we'll hear "Boston Sucks" it will just get life back to normal and make the Sox insignificant to us(much like the Mets are insignificant to us)

Really? And what EXACTLY have the Yankmees won in the LAST 4 years? Nothing. No parades. No rings. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Highest payroll in MLB. Bridesmaids not Brides.
And what EXACTLY makes you think next season will be any different? Randy Johnson didn't want to come to George's hellhole in the Bronx niether did Schilling. so what EXACTLY makes you think that every player is dying to wear pinstripes? Here's a clue....they don't.

Pitching wins ballgames. Yankmees have none.

As for the Mets we have something the Yankmees don't....a FARM SYSTEM. The Yankmees have absolutely NOTHING left in the farm system and if you remember correctly it was the "up and coming" homegrowns that won previous WS. Not the "Big ticket stars" Georgie buys.
Pay-Rod came from Texas with the reputation of the lowest average with RISP. This was nothing new. It was also NOT systemic to just the playoffs-it's HIM. So what good is paying someone the highest paycheck in Baseball if he is not capable to bring a man in from second base?

I doubt we'll hear "Boston Sucks" it will just get life back to normal and make the Sox insignificant to us(much like the Mets are insignificant to us)
Again...if the Sox were so insignificant to the Yankmee fans then any Yankmee fan on this site would have congratulated the sox and left it at that.
But ya all didn't.
AND have you ever attended the Mets/Yankmee series at either Stadium? If the mets were soooo insignificant to Yankmee fans or vise versa there wouldn't BE such a Police presence in and around the stadium. Fights breakout in Shea stadium more during that series than a Islanders/Rangers game. And always the person being lead out by the cops is wearing a pinstripe jersey. ALWAYS. I attend at least ONE of the games of the three game set (usually the Saturday game but I was at the sunday ESPN game back in 2001 when Mike Piazza hit the HR to win) and I have to deal with the most OBNOXIOUS, ARROGANT and the least baseball knowledgable fans in all of MLB. They come off as a bunch of neanderthals totally disrespecting the Stadium they are guests in and then always slinking out because of all their "talk", their team LOST anyway.
So you want to know why Mets fans hate the Yankmees so much? It has nothing to do with what they've won, it has nothing to do with "2000", it doesn't even have to do with Clemens trying to kill Piazza..it has to do with the attitude of their FANS.

Btw...classy move by Clemens. Real Yankmee tradition. Retire, take the keys to a Hummer then...oops na I wanna play again for HOUSTON. :lol:

Really? And what EXACTLY have the Yankmees won in the LAST 4 years? Nothing. No parades. No rings. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Highest payroll in MLB. Bridesmaids not Brides.

We haven't won much unless you consider 2 trips to the WS nothing which any Mets fan would kill for. We have been close in 3 of the past 4 years so the odds are we ahve a pretty good chance to break through. it may not happen but I wouldn't bet against it and there's at least a chance which you cannot say about the boys in Flushing. By the way, what have the Mets won in the past 18 seasons?

Randy Johnson didn't want to come to George's hellhole in the Bronx niether did Schilling.

They BOTH would have come here had we made the deasl to get them but we didn't. Johnson definitely wanted to be dealt at the deadline.

Pitching wins ballgames. Yankmees have none.

really? Actually our bats going cold is what did us in the ALCS and not the pitching. We had 2 poorly pitched games(both started by Brown and we won 1 of them) in the postseason so we pitched ok plus our best pitcher was hurt and couldn't pitch but 1 game. We'll get some pitching help this offseason and we'll be in good position to reclaim our throne.

As for the Mets we have something the Yankmees don't....a FARM SYSTEM

We always hear about how great these playrs the Mets develop are but we neevr see the results. I'd wait until these guys actually produce before you start crowing.

The Yankmees have absolutely NOTHING left in the farm system and if you remember correctly it was the "up and coming" homegrowns that won previous WS.

We have some very good prospects but they are down in the lower levels of the minors so they won't be ready for a few years which is ok b/c we won't need them for a while.

Pay-Rod came from Texas with the reputation of the lowest average with RISP. This was nothing new. It was also NOT systemic to just the playoffs-it's HIM. So what good is paying someone the highest paycheck in Baseball if he is not capable to bring a man in from second base?

he was the best player in the AL playoffs until Game 4, the bats went cold and that happens sometimes.

Fights breakout in Shea stadium more during that series than a Islanders/Rangers game

I don't know where you sit but i've been to many yanks-Mets games and rarely see any fights and if there are fights it's b/c much like Sox fans Mets fans have an inferiority complex towards the Yanks.

So you want to know why Mets fans hate the Yankmees so much? It has nothing to do with what they've won, it has nothing to do with "2000", it doesn't even have to do with Clemens trying to kill Piazza..it has to do with the attitude of their FANS.

The Met fans are all class :rolleyes: Let's ask John Rocker about that one. It has EVERYTHING to do w/ the fact that we are an elite franchise and you guys are bottom feeders.

Peebs, I was wondering where you've been....

I missed your wonderful anti-skankee posts

He's just a jealous Met fan. His team always stinks so he takes pleasure in seeing the Yanks lose. A sad existence for a fan but that's all Met fans have to hold on to so I don't blame him.

Okay people, especially you Yankee fans... calm down...just face facts...

Boston are the Champs...:D

We haven't won much unless you consider 2 trips to the WS nothing which any Mets fan would kill for. We have been close in 3 of the past 4 years
Being Bridesmaids? No thank you.
And "almost" only counts in horseshoes and bocce.

Sorry, you lost round 1.

They BOTH would have come here had we made the deasl to get them but we didn't. Johnson definitely wanted to be dealt at the deadline

Really? Schilling would have gone to the Bronx. Maybe you outta troll the Red Sox board he regularly posts on (YES players DO post on fan boards, Todd Pratt was a regular over at the old Mets.com) do a search on his posts and READ what he posted after signing with Boston.
No, he did not want to be a Yankmee.
And if I can search later I can find where Randy Johnson had said the only way he wanted to be traded to a contending team was that the Diamondbacks were to get compensated with young talent something the Yankmees lack, terribly.

Judges may we have a call?

really? Actually our bats going cold is what did us in the ALCS and not the pitching. We had 2 poorly pitched games(both started by Brown and we won 1 of them) in the postseason so we pitched ok plus our best pitcher was hurt and couldn't pitch but 1 game. We'll get some pitching help this offseason and we'll be in good position to reclaim our throne.

Sorry, that paragraph I just have to :roflmao: at.
What did I say about Yankmee fans and baseball knowledge? What was the TEAMS ERA in the playoffs? MLB Site doesn't have totals but Brown had a 21.60 ERA in the LCS-Mussina 4.26, Gordon 8.10, Vasquez 9.95, Quantrill 5.40....you don't win with pitching like that. Just as in Football you can't win with crappy offense. Hellllooooooo.

We have some very good prospects but they are down in the lower levels of the minors so they won't be ready for a few years which is ok b/c we won't need them for a while.

Name one.

he was the best player in the AL playoffs until Game 4, the bats went cold and that happens sometimes.

Not to "gamers" and not in BIG games. Sorry.....
What about the rest of the season. Show me his average with RISP.

A-Rod=loser. OVERPAID loser.
OH let's not forget that wonderful acquisition of Jason Giambi :lol: Yea he lead you to WS victory...

I don't know where you sit but i've been to many yanks-Mets games and rarely see any fights and if there are fights it's b/c much like Sox fans Mets fans have an inferiority complex towards the Yanks.

I've sat-upper level box 2001 where I saw 2 fights breakout with one sending a cop down the stairs (Yankmee fans lead out that game...) Mike Piazza hit the game winning HR in the 8th. 2002-loge reserved first base side. Saw a fight break out in the isle in front of us. AGAIN pinstiped wearing neanderthal lead out of the stadium. 2003 Mezz reserved behind home plate, first time rained out, second time don't remember a fight but remember some uneducated "Jeter-ette" counting outloud after back-to-back HR's "that's one..." "that's two.." my friend turned to me and made a bet that if they hit another one she couldn't count to three. :lol: ..they didn't and the Mets won the game. I BELIEVE that was the "Clemens game" where even Shaun Estes hit a HR off him. 2004 July 3rd loge reserved-the three Yankmee fans in front of me declared the "game over" in the 5th inning when the Yankmees were ahead by 2 runs...yea well I guess the pinheads forgot there are 9 innings in a baseball game :rolleyes: Mets won and the loudmouths got really quiet and tried to slither out of the section.....

So no inferiority complex....Yankmee fans do not have manners. Plain and simple. You go to another teams ballpark you root for your team but show the "host" team and their fans RESPECT. I've saw better manners from BRAVES fans that come to Shea.

The Met fans are all class Let's ask John Rocker about that one. It has EVERYTHING to do w/ the fact that we are an elite franchise and you guys are bottom feeders

OMG that one deserves a :roflmao: and another :roflmao:
elite? Yea hiring/firing/hiring/firing Billy Martin was really classy. It made a mockery of Baseball. OR how about the tale of Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich switching wives in 72...real classy...OH let's not forget Boomer Wells antics in the Diner incident OR Karim Garcia beating up a grounds keeper....
Shall I go on with the "elite" franchise?

We always hear about how great these playrs the Mets develop are but we neevr see the results. I'd wait until these guys actually produce before you start crowing.
Jose Reyes. Valent. David Wright.
Remember those names.
Wanna see stats?

He's just a jealous Met fan. His team always stinks so he takes pleasure in seeing the Yanks lose. A sad existence for a fan but that's all Met fans have to hold on to so I don't blame him.

HE is a mutha!@#$ing SHE for the millionth time. I believe I corrected the other Yankmee fan back on page 2 when called "Dude". Reading in Fundamental.
And she has been a Mets fan since 1973 and Willie Mays retired in a Mets uniform. Back in the day I could care less about the Yankmees, even in the late 70's...80's couldn't care...not even during the "Mayor's cup" games. But currently the attitude and arrogance of the Yankmee fans is enough to make you puke.
You can't even admit when your team blows.
If I were a fan and my ticket prices keep rising every season to pay for the worthless talent on the field with nothing to show for it I'd be pissed.

But then again....your also a Jests fan on a Miami Dolphins board. Enough said.

Hi TT :wave: you know I'm always here to sing the gospel.

Prime Time said:
Okay people, especially you Yankee fans... calm down...just face facts...

Boston are the Champs...:D
I believe I did state the facts...

Here's another one:
check out the sign Manny borrowed from a fan

clear.gif

Peebs said:
Really? Schilling would have gone to the Bronx. Maybe you outta troll the Red Sox board he regularly posts on (YES players DO post on fan boards, Todd Pratt was a regular over at the old Mets.com) do a search on his posts and READ what he posted after signing with Boston.
No, he did not want to be a Yankmee.
And if I can search later I can find where Randy Johnson had said the only way he wanted to be traded to a contending team was that the Diamondbacks were to get compensated with young talent something the Yankmees lack, terribly.

Judges may we have a call?

Here's my call. You did so well here you get an :0wned:

That's the perfect way to put it. The Yankees showed their true colors. They had 4 chances to put it away and missed every...single...time.

So no inferiority complex....Yankmee fans do not have manners. Plain and simple. You go to another teams ballpark you root for your team but show the "host" team and their fans RESPECT. I've saw better manners from BRAVES fans that come to Shea.

Ouch. I would never want to be called inferior to a *Braves* fan, the biggest bunch of bandwagoners you'll ever find.

But then again....your also a Jests fan on a Miami Dolphins board. Enough said.

Bingo.

That's the perfect way to put it. The Yankees showed their true colors. They had 4 chances to put it away and missed every...single...time.

Exactly.
Those who are hungry suck it up and put it out.
The Sox wanted it more.

ALSO it was real classy of "Capt. Jeter" to be RIPPING his teammates in the papers last week. He blamed the fact that his newer teammates aren't the '96-00 yankees. Never acknowledging that the NYYs who were here in those years (with the exception of Bernie) stunk in the postseason as well. What exactly was his performance? Just as sucky.

Jeter showed himself to be a punk when he didn't yield the SS position to the technically superior player if you ask me...

Being Bridesmaids? No thank you.
And "almost" only counts in horseshoes and bocce.

Sorry, you lost round 1.

As a Mets fan you would kill to "lose" the way the yankees have the past few years.

Let me get this straight. Aftre being traded to the Red Sox you expected Curt Schilling to say he would have gone to the Yankees? I don't think we need judges this is a knockout.

What did I say about Yankmee fans and baseball knowledge? What was the TEAMS ERA in the playoffs? MLB Site doesn't have totals but Brown had a 21.60 ERA in the LCS-Mussina 4.26, Gordon 8.10, Vasquez 9.95, Quantrill 5.40....you don't win with pitching like that. Just as in Football you can't win with crappy offense. Hellllooooooo.

Apparently you didn't watch the postseason.

-ALDS Game 1 LOST 2-0, I'd say that was a well pitched game.

-ALDS Game 2 WIN 7-6 in extra innings, had great performance by Lieber but pen blew it.

-ALDS Game 3 WIN 8-4, very good perfromance by Brown

-ALDS Game 5 WIN 6-5, vasquez did ok but not horrible

-ALCS Game 1 WIN 10-7 but Moose threw 7 inning sof no hit ball and when the game was out of hand the Sox scored a bunch of runs.

-ALCS Gam 2 WIN 3-1, Liebre outstanding

-ALCS Game 3 WIN 19-8, awful job by Brown

-ALCS game 4 LOST 6-4 in EXTRAS, good pitching performance.

-ALCS Game 5 LOST 5-4 in EXTRAS, good pitching

-ALCS Game 6 LOST 4-2, good pitching

-ALCS Game 7 LOST 10-3 horrible performance by Brown.

Actually watch the gam before you bring out stats Mr. jealous Met fan.

Name one.

I'll give you a few and you go look them up:

C Dioner Navarro
3B Eric Duncan
CF Rudy Guillen
SP Ramon Ramirez
2B Robinson Cano
SP Danny Borrell

What about the rest of the season. Show me his average with RISP.

-Down 0-1 to Minnesota and down inGame 2 he went 4 for 6 w/ a HR and 3 RBI including the game tying double in extra innings.

-Game 4, doubled in 11th then stole 3rd then scored on WP. he manufactured the series winning run on his own.

-In ALCS he was 2 for 5 in game 1, 1 for 4 in game 2, 3 for 5 3 RBI and a HR in game 3 then the bats went cold for the entire team.

By the way, in addition to his good hitting until game 4 he played great D as well.

Here are his postseason totals: .320, 5 doubles, 3 HRs, 8 RBI, 2 SB, 11 runs scored. Not bad.

OH let's not forget that wonderful acquisition of Jason Giambi Yea he lead you to WS victory...

I thought his signing was a mistake from the beginning but we all have overpaid stiffs. You have Piazza and we have Giambi.

I guess I sit in better seats than you b/c closer to the field I don't see many fights and I never noticed any action going on in the upper deck but I only pay attention to the game and not the bitter, jealous Met fans starting fights.

I've been to many road games including Yanks-Sox at Fenway and I've never had a problem and I openly root. There are idiot fans for every team and winning so much brings some obnoxious, bandwagon fans so it may seem like we have more but I guarantee you no one thought that when we were the worst team in the league in the early 90s. Maybe some day when you win you'll understand.

elite? Yea hiring/firing/hiring/firing Billy Martin was really classy. It made a mockery of Baseball. OR how about the tale of Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich switching wives in 72...real classy...OH let's not forget Boomer Wells antics in the Diner incident OR Karim Garcia beating up a grounds keeper....

This wasn't about franchises it was about fans- nice attempt to twist. You act like Met fans are innocent but they threw batteries and other things at Rocker and have done it to other teams as well.

As for the Mets, I guess it was ok for Vince Coleman to throw a firecracker at a little girl or David Cone(he never acted up as a Yank) to expose himself to a female fan in the bullpen or Bret Saberhagen to spray BLEACH at reporters or Bonilla to threaten a reporter or Gooden to be so high that he missed the Mets WS parade. Shall I go on?

Jose Reyes. Valent. David Wright.
Remember those names.
Wanna see stats?

I didn't say they don't have prospects, I said get back to me when they produce in the Majors and I don't mean for half a season. Do you remember generation K, Gregg Jefferies, Kevin Elster, Rey Ordonez, Eric Hillman, David West, Butch Huskey, Jay Payton, ....

All highly touted prospects from the great Mets system that did nothing or ltitle w/ the Mets. remember when they were comparing Generation K to the Braves staff of '91 w/ Avery, Glavine & Smoltz? :lol:

HE is a mutha!@#$ing SHE for the millionth time. I believe I corrected the other Yankmee fan back on page 2 when called "Dude". Reading in Fundamental.

You are a Woman and you write the things you write? I am stunned.

If I were a fan and my ticket prices keep rising every season to pay for the worthless talent on the field with nothing to show for it I'd be pissed.

The Mets have problems, they do raise tickets prices and do nothing on the field but someday they'll when so don't give up just yet.

check out the sign Manny borrowed from a fan

Let Manny live it up but I'm sure he trade his 1 Title for Jeter's FOUR.

ALSO it was real classy of "Capt. Jeter" to be RIPPING his teammates in the papers last week. He blamed the fact that his newer teammates aren't the '96-00 yankees

he didn't blame anything on anyone, he was aksed how it feels for this team to lose after being able to win in situations like this for so man y years and he correctly pointed out that this current team had not won like those teams.

Jeter showed himself to be a punk when he didn't yield the SS position to the technically superior player if you ask me...

Jeter is the Captain of the greatest franchise in the history of sports and a future HOFer at SS, why should he move? But it was ok that Mike Piazza(long since a great player) refused to play 1B(even though they had a better C behind him defensively) until he broke his meaningless C HR record?

Back
Top Bottom