Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game"

its obvious reshad jones was going for the interception on the play, i like a player who wants to win. Cant believe People are calling for reshad to be cut already, unbelieveable.

part of whats so enticing about reshad jones is his aggressiveness and when he sees something he attacks it...but its also a double edged sword at times...and both those plays thats what i think was the case...but i also think at least for right now those things are coachable...if it continues though absolutely we can't have it...i'd be harder on a guy if he was say a 2nd year starter even or a veteran but a first game kid trying to make an impact i think i can give him a little leeway...for now

but when teams see that kind of thing on tape you can guarantee that they're gonna try to exploit it so if he doesn't shore it up we're gonna know in short order

i mean...but really we're talking one blown assignment and one bad angle...not using his pedal to maintain distance...it happens

i agree 100% but at the same time he has know the circumstances. on that first play, he has no business trying to support the run hes 20 yards downfield and its danny woodhead. its not adrian peterson. so not an intelligent risk/reward decision.....tom brady/ danny woodhead.....hmmmm who should i be more concerned about??? hes got to get that right.....the last one even tho it went 99 yards im not as concerned about. he hesitated. he got caught thinking, and u can see that. forgivable and truthfully our decision to kick a field goal followed by our choice to throw a fade to hartline had already ruined any remote chance we had to pull this one out.

hes got to get that fixed tho. and hes gotta get it right early in the game. hes gonna get tested this week. im with u tho on jones.....but im disappointed in this front office and staff for what they came with into this game. they had to find another db to play those tight ends....somebody with size. we are a man short in our secondary, and there is no covering that up. we basically had no plan to beat these guys. our entire offseason should have been focused on beating new england week one. it was handed to us on a silver platter and we blew it. what the hell were these guys focused on??? it clearly wasnt this one game. and thats a HUGE error in judgement

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

its obvious reshad jones was going for the interception on the play, i like a player who wants to win. Cant believe People are calling for reshad to be cut already, unbelieveable.

nobody is saying he should get cut

i agree 100% but at the same time he has know the circumstances. on that first play, he has no business trying to support the run hes 20 yards downfield and its danny woodhead. its not adrian peterson. so not an intelligent risk/reward decision.....tom brady/ danny woodhead.....hmmmm who should i be more concerned about??? hes got to get that right.....the last one even tho it went 99 yards im not as concerned about. he hesitated. he got caught thinking, and u can see that. forgivable and truthfully our decision to kick a field goal followed by our choice to throw a fade to hartline had already ruined any remote chance we had to pull this one out.

hes got to get that fixed tho. and hes gotta get it right early in the game. hes gonna get tested this week. im with u tho on jones.....but im disappointed in this front office and staff for what they came with into this game. they had to find another db to play those tight ends....somebody with size. we are a man short in our secondary, and there is no covering that up. we basically had no plan to beat these guys. our entire offseason should have been focused on beating new england week one. it was handed to us on a silver platter and we blew it. what the hell were these guys focused on??? it clearly wasnt this one game. and thats a HUGE error in judgement

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

nobody is saying he should get cut

Read phinatics post in the last page.

Plenty of room for improvement but he showed his upside and I think he's a keeper. However given the Monday night outcome, why am I particuarly reminded of the post-Katrina's "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job" presidential blessing?:err:

lol....sorry...didnt see those

i dont think jones should be cut but i do think they made a mistake at a critical postion they knew coming in they werent happy with, and a guy like quentin mickall who nobodys ever heard of and gets no press, but has been an outstanding fs in philly for years was available cheap. ITS YOUR LAST SHOT u MUST WIN.....why not bring in a steady hand in the secondary? and if jones develops GREAT! but if not u are ready for the pats in week one??? just poor choices by these guys. poor choices that should be simple. and im not one of these guys calling for every last name out there to be signed as if they can help......thats a bunch of nonsense. but we didnt do much to address the line which continues to be a problem. nickel was an issue last year. there was no reason to not resign nate jones, then they trade for other teams garbage a guys thats undersized. and they dont address the problem in the offseason. WHY??? HOW??? nickle back was a bigger need than running back. because we had plenty of options at RB, we should have signed another guy to complement bush even with drafting thomas.

Going back to look at it, Reshad just took a poor angle. He read Tom Brady and slid to that side of the field, but went for the interception rather than running down-field for support.

[video=youtube;lOqUIxUY9pA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqUIxUY9pA&t=1m20s[/video]

lol....sorry...didnt see those

i dont think jones should be cut but i do think they made a mistake at a critical postion they knew coming in they werent happy with, and a guy like quentin mickall who nobodys ever heard of and gets no press, but has been an outstanding fs in philly for years was available cheap. ITS YOUR LAST SHOT u MUST WIN.....why not bring in a steady hand in the secondary? and if jones develops GREAT! but if not u are ready for the pats in week one??? just poor choices by these guys. poor choices that should be simple. and im not one of these guys calling for every last name out there to be signed as if they can help......thats a bunch of nonsense. but we didnt do much to address the line which continues to be a problem. nickel was an issue last year. there was no reason to not resign nate jones, then they trade for other teams garbage a guys thats undersized. and they dont address the problem in the offseason. WHY??? HOW??? nickle back was a bigger need than running back. because we had plenty of options at RB, we should have signed another guy to complement bush even with drafting thomas.

We should take into account with this "could'a, should'a" free-agent talk that it is possible that Miami is not every free-agents first choice in destination.

We should take into account with this "could'a, should'a" free-agent talk that it is possible that Miami is not every free-agents first choice in destination.

True, but never once were any defensive backs reported talking to Miami at all, and I saw no evidence that Miami considered anything but going into the season with the current secondary. It appears the brass was lured into a false sense of belief just like our corners were.

Havn't you guys figured it out yet????? Sparano never calls out player in public. It has bene this way for 4 years. Im sure the reason he said this is b/c someone asked him how RJ played, so he gave the regular basic answer he does about every player.

No, it's not pretty clear...fact is the defense called was a Cover 0 which means Jones had man coverage on the TE, he had to stay for a couple counts to make sure he didn't release, when he saw welker it was a little late for him to get back, which led to the flat angle...

Back
Top Bottom