Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game"

first off, get off the gurus. like party politics you get sucked in and develope opinions that arnt yours amd MANY times are not accurate.

there was a whole lot to blame in that game but rashad was one of the bright spots. i have been saying this since the next morning. dont listen to me or your personal guru, LOOK AT THE TiVO! [if you actually record them and watch them].rashad was all over the field and did what he could with virtually NO help. even tony gets it right sometimes and this is one of them.

the o-line played far better than i expected. folks are acting like henne was sacked 10 times. reggie was used to much and was so predictable my wife was saying what was coming next. we didnt attack downfield enough to get people out of the box on run plays or get the defenses mind off reggie by pulling the fire alarm for the carnage happening downfield.

if you WATCH THE GAMES, TIVO THEM and then go back and watch the aspects of the game you question like rashad. you do this regularly and all of a sudden you dont have or recognize "gurus" anymore. your content in what YOU have seen and you become more educated as how it all works.

NO ONE KNOWS what the assignments were on most plays. like offense, there are several different things you can do in a defensive call, its not always this is ran so this or that guy has this or that responsability. but, we have all these fans going on and on about the "blown assignments" and "calls" by different players. there were some misses for sure. but a lot of this game our players were just shredded my there guy and billicheks assasin game plan he brought in. many of our guys gave up and gave up EARLY!

vontae and smith were were complete garbage who layed down and died like dogs and showed NO heart or game. rashad was all over the field doing whatever he could.

WATCH THE TIVO, IGNORE THE "GURU".

This thread officially got weird

Wow.

I have nothing more to say in this argument if people are defending the angle he took, saying he tried to make a play on the ball.

Do you people not UNDERSTAND, he is the LAST PERSON ON OUR DEFENSE.

Yeesh, this is an impossible argument. After 5 games, you will see how Gibril Wilson has managed to get back on this team at a starting spot.

Nevermind that his communication was horrendous, not able to get any of our secondary lined up at all. And dont say its Yeremiah's job or the linebackers, because its not.

first off, get off the gurus. like party politics you get sucked in and develope opinions that arnt yours amd MANY times are not accurate.

there was a whole lot to blame in that game but rashad was one of the bright spots. i have been saying this since the next morning. dont listen to me or your personal guru, LOOK AT THE TiVO! [if you actually record them and watch them].rashad was all over the field and did what he could with virtually NO help. even tony gets it right sometimes and this is one of them.

the o-line played far better than i expected. folks are acting like henne was sacked 10 times. reggie was used to much and was so predictable my wife was saying what was coming next. we didnt attack downfield enough to get people out of the box on run plays or get the defenses mind off reggie by pulling the fire alarm for the carnage happening downfield.

if you WATCH THE GAMES, TIVO THEM and then go back and watch the aspects of the game you question like rashad. you do this regularly and all of a sudden you dont have or recognize "gurus" anymore. your content in what YOU have seen and you become more educated as how it all works.

NO ONE KNOWS what the assignments were on most plays. like offense, there are several different things you can do in a defensive call, its not always this is ran so this or that guy has this or that responsability. but, we have all these fans going on and on about the "blown assignments" and "calls" by different players. there were some misses for sure. but a lot of this game our players were just shredded my there guy and billicheks assasin game plan he brought in. many of our guys gave up and gave up EARLY!

vontae and smith were were complete garbage who layed down and died like dogs and showed NO heart or game. rashad was all over the field doing whatever he could.

WATCH THE TIVO, IGNORE THE "GURU".

Remember Wilson? He was all over the field. he was getting something like 8-10 tackles per game. IGNORE THAT STATS.

Reshad Jones is a terrific tackler, just terrific. But he was constantly out of place and late in recognition. 80% of his tackles were after the wideout caught the ball or managed to destroy the cushion in his zone.

And the PA he bit on the deep ball to Slater? And the seam routes that he failed to step up on Gronk? And the hitch routes Hernandez was killing him on? Free Safeties do not have the luxury to make mistakes because they are "trying to make a play on the ball."

You either make the play or give up the big play. Its a huge risk and we got burnt for it.

No, it's not pretty clear...fact is the defense called was a Cover 0 which means Jones had man coverage on the TE, he had to stay for a couple counts to make sure he didn't release, when he saw welker it was a little late for him to get back, which led to the flat angle...

This is exactly right. The problem is the coaching staff has no business having Reshad Jones as the guy responsible for the deep middle in a 0-coverage when that man responsibility converts because of the blitz (resulting in th TE staying in to block) and he has to read-and-react to Tom Brady. He took too flat of an angle to get over, but I understand WHY it happened. What's getting lost on this play here is that Sapp just flat got roasted by Wes Welker.

They're playing him out of position.... I said from the beginning that Jones is more of a strong safety. He needs to be shaded to the side of the field that's determined by the strength of the formation. On this play, the strength of the formation is to Brady's right, where the 2 receivers and the TE are lined up.

It reminds me of the play Graham Harrell hit Michael Crabtree on the last play of the game to upset Texas a few years ago. A redshirt freshman by the name of Earl Thomas made a very similar mistake which allowed the touchdown, although the pass went to Crabtree instead of a slot receiver. Thomas took too flat of an angle and tried to undercut the throw, misjudged a perfect throw, which resulted in the catch and score.

Earl Thomas went on to be a 1st round pick the next season, and is now one of the best young ballhawks in the league. He learned from his mistake as he got more experienced. Jones deserves the opportunity to do the same.... especially since they decided to pass on Thomas to begin with by trading down.

All these people yelling for Chris Clemons are lost... he's not very good and he's had plenty of time to prove it.

I'm not sure Jones ever proves himself at FS, but it's the coaching staff's responsibility to put players where they belong. Jones didn't win the job by taking bad angles and making mental mistakes in practice.

Hell, Cam Wake is a pro-bowler and got dominated by a rookie. Karlos Dansby was taking bad angles and whiffing on tackles all game. Vontae Davis and Sean Smith were made examples of by no-names like Matt Slater. Burnett was invisible.

At least Reshad Jones has an excuse, the rest of them don't. He's inexperienced and playing out of position.

This is exactly right. The problem is the coaching staff has no business having Reshad Jones as the guy responsible for the deep middle in a 0-coverage when that man responsibility converts because of the blitz (resulting in th TE staying in to block) and he has to read-and-react to Tom Brady. He took too flat of an angle to get over, but I understand WHY it happened. What's getting lost on this play here is that Sapp just flat got roasted by Wes Welker.

They're playing him out of position.... I said from the beginning that Jones is more of a strong safety. He needs to be shaded to the side of the field that's determined by the strength of the formation. On this play, the strength of the formation is to Brady's right, where the 2 receivers and the TE are lined up.

It reminds me of the play Graham Harrell hit Michael Crabtree on the last play of the game to upset Texas a few years ago. A redshirt freshman by the name of Earl Thomas made a very similar mistake which allowed the touchdown, although the pass went to Crabtree instead of a slot receiver. Thomas took too flat of an angle and tried to undercut the throw, misjudged a perfect throw, which resulted in the catch and score.

Earl Thomas went on to be a 1st round pick the next season, and is now one of the best young ballhawks in the league. He learned from his mistake as he got more experienced. Jones deserves the opportunity to do the same.... especially since they decided to pass on Thomas to begin with by trading down.

All these people yelling for Chris Clemons are lost... he's not very good and he's had plenty of time to prove it.

I'm not sure Jones ever proves himself at FS, but it's the coaching staff's responsibility to put players where they belong. Jones didn't win the job by taking bad angles and making mental mistakes in practice.

Hell, Cam Wake is a pro-bowler and got dominated by a rookie. Karlos Dansby was taking bad angles and whiffing on tackles all game. Vontae Davis and Sean Smith were made examples of by no-names like Matt Slater. Burnett was invisible.

At least Reshad Jones has an excuse, the rest of them don't. He's inexperienced and playing out of position.

Agreed. Reshad Jones is a terrific tackler, but I really am concerned about his range especially to play as a single high in Nolan's defense. I would love to see him at SS. I have no idea why they are still playing him at FS.

But nonetheless, playing out position is not a valid excuse for biting hard on PA or failing to communicate effectively throughout the secondary. Its the coaches fault if they thought that an inexperienced out of position player can make all the calls against a HOF because he did it in preseason.

I still don't want him ever at FS, having all the responsibility of communication and last line of defense. I would love to see him at SS though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ehhh....i keyed every snap of reshads in the reshad jones blows thread and i came out with 2 bad play grades out of like 65 or so...but the 2 were big plays...the first the deep ball to slater where vontae had outside technique and reshad bit on the underneath te who was covered well already and didn't provide the deep inside help he was supposed to and the other not getting into his pedal at all and maintaining depth taking a very flat bad angle to the ball on the 99 yard td to welker...2 big plays but the only 2 bad plays i could say with a definite answer for him...

and he was a tackling machine...no missed tackles if he got his hands on you you were down...strong in run support very physically imposing...

so i guess draw from it whatever conclusions you want...i think i also had like 12 or 13 total plays i graded as good plays by him...not just the kind of plays i'd say any average free safety makes
Have to remember, too, that this guy is a very new player in the league. We're not talking about a seasoned veteran here.

Ive seen them get outclassed plenty of times vaneasy.
You will hear what you what you hear and see what you want to see. I'm sure even TedSlimm and Hoops would admit those guys are two extremely intelligent posters. I have even seen Slimm complementing Ck quite a few times. So don't try to tell me that what those two say is end all, while two of our most intelligent posters don't know what they are talking about. Give me a break with that crap. Magoo, Slimm, Horry, Hoops, Slimm are the upper-echloen of finheaven. I wouldn't place one above the another.

Have I really gotten to the point where I'm arguing not longing about football, but about who's a good poster on here? Not gonna lie, that's kinda sad.

Well you started it. They have respect for each other no doubt. But still what im talking about isnt about respect

Well you started it. They have respect for each other no doubt. But still what im talking about isnt about respect
. I saw two posters called out, both of whom I respect and didn't agree with your statement.

The thread title should have been : Belichick "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game"

just for the record at no time have i said anything about ck or horry is wrong and i'm right...at no time...but when i hear the words gibril wilson i want to see bad angles to the ball in run support bad tackling lack of awareness etc...and i saw none of those things from reshad jones on what i reviewed in this game...all i did was put out there what i saw...as for slimm if he's given his take on this subject somewhere on here i haven't seen it yet...i'd be interested to hear it but i haven't seen it...i will say however that i still haven't seen where anyone who does disagree with my findings has actually given me specific examples of what i missed and not just some i watched the game a 2nd time...and personally for the most part i don't think its too hard to identify what a players responsibilities are or are likely to be based on things that present themselves to you ie coverage looks cb leverage etc...if there was ones i wasn't sure of i accounted for them in that snap breakdown in the reshad jones blows thread...

he will be a good player. sparano needs to take his shades off so he could what we saw

i will say though that after watching this game again tonight and keying karlos dansby i hate this damn nolan scheme...it will never work against a qb the caliber of brady...dansby looked solid when he could get his hands on a guy in coverage and ride him for the 5 yard chuck zone but when we just dropped him into a deep middle zone look brady just torched that garbage with tes running free and easy routes underneath and around it...i just don't understand how we can let these kind of playmakers have free releases to run all over the field and go whereever they want and never disrupt the timing of their routes with a qb like tom brady back there...he doesn't miss anything...i could hardly find a play where i thought brady didn;t go to exactly the right guy at exactly the right time...i hope nolans scheme was predicated on this front being able to create consistent pressure and it not happening thus screwing us over but we need to make some adjustments here and get more physical with these guys at the los and in the 5 yard zone...

anyways magoo...you asked me how dansby looked tackling wise...i counted 3 missed tackles from him tonight and 3 plays that i wasn't a fan of his in coverage...i saw him clean overrun the ball a few times in run support also...definitely not his best game...i also saw in traffic him get blocked in the back 2 times and put on his butt as a result of being pushed and no call...

ahhh...now i have seen slimms take...and for the record i agree with it that i think reshads a better strong safety fit...thought that when he was a draft prospect also...but at this point it is what it is and so we'll see how he fares at free...and its not like chris clemons showed me much last year at free...

Back
Top Bottom