Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: "Rashad Jones played a heck of a game"

Havn't you guys figured it out yet????? Sparano never calls out player in public. It has bene this way for 4 years. Im sure the reason he said this is b/c someone asked him how RJ played, so he gave the regular basic answer he does about every player.

Yea because head coaches do that all the time.............c'mon Tony call 'em out in public.

Havn't you guys figured it out yet????? Sparano never calls out player in public. It has bene this way for 4 years. Im sure the reason he said this is b/c someone asked him how RJ played, so he gave the regular basic answer he does about every player.

I linked the video, & I've said this already, but he wasn't asked about Rashad, he went out of his way to mention that he felt like he had a good game.

and let me just say i saw plenty of evidence last year of clemons jumping stuff underneath and leaving guys on their own vertically...not to mention very late to the ball

just sayin...to me nothing on tape that makes me go to chris clemons right now...

I've rewatched the game twice, and he bit on quite a few things, and the two plays you mentioned were huge mistakes. You just can't do that in this defense.

Well Ck and Horry have been proven wrong time and time again by hoops and tedslimmjr.

Please give me examples when I have been wrong? When I said Reshad Jones would suck before the game and he actually did?

People want to keep giving him excuses. "Oh he's a gambler, I'll take that any day!" "He's aggressive, gotta love that in a player!"

No, he's our last line of defense. He needs to be 100% sure he will make the play on the ball before attempting to do so. the LAST LINE of defense. It's not like hes a LB who has help behind him. If he screws up his assignment, 95% of the time the ball gets downfield and we give up a huge play.

I've rewatched the game twice, and he bit on quite a few things, and the two plays you mentioned were huge mistakes. You just can't do that in this defense.

well then enlighten me with examples soi can check it out...and yeah i know those 2 plays were huge ones but i've seen the same stuff before maybe not a bad angle like 99 yard one from clemons...i've seen clemons bite underneath and never get back...and more than once...

look...i grade on a hard scale i think anyone can tell that but i think this is one of those instances given he was a first game starter where he deserves some slack...trust me...if it continues i'll be the first one to call him out when i review the games...

and you know lets all be honest...that 99 yard play had no bearing on that game...we were done the moment we couldn't get in on 4th down the play before it...yeah he had a moment of weakness and took a flat angle trying to be aggressive...but that td meant nothing as far as the game was concerned...it was all she wrote already

I'm with Horry as this one. I really thought the kid played bad. It's one thing if that was 99 yarder was just a bad angle. It was so much much worse than that. It was one of worst angles I've ever seen. He is three yards in front of the ball when it's caught. Not to mention all the times we were not lined up right (he is the one responsible for that).

And this is reoccuring with him. In college, he took bad angles in the pass game, he took bad angles in the run game. He just wasn't a displinced player so I'm not going to expect that to change. Maybe he is a SS down the line, but I sure don't see him at Fs now.

And no CK and Horry aren't proven wrong time and time again by Hoops and Tedslimm. All four of those guys are some of most intelligent posters (probably the most intelligent) on here. They have all hit and they have all miss. It's part of the nature of this game.

And no CK and Horry aren't proven wrong time and time again by Hoops and Tedslimm. All four of those guys are some of most intelligent posters (probably the most intelligent) on here. They have all hit and they have all miss. It's part of the nature of this game.

Being intelligent and being right are two different things.

I'm with Horry as this one. I really thought the kid played bad. It's one thing if that was 99 yarder was just a bad angle. It was so much much worse than that. It was one of worst angles I've ever seen. He is three yards in front of the ball when it's caught. Not to mention all the times we were not lined up right (he is the one responsible for that).

And this is reoccuring with him. In college, he took bad angles in the pass game, he took bad angles in the run game. He just wasn't a displinced player so I'm not going to expect that to change. Maybe he is a SS down the line, but I sure don't see him at Fs now.

So then you'd definitely refute the explanation the poster I'm quoting below me presented? Do you know what the coverage call was? Or can say with certainty whom exactly Jones' man was?

WesternNYDolfan said:
, it's not pretty clear...fact is the defense called was a Cover 0 which means Jones had man coverage on the TE, he had to stay for a couple counts to make sure he didn't release, when he saw welker it was a little late for him to get back, which led to the flat angle...

Hahaha i love how people just think he took an angle like that because he is retarded or something and doesn't understand how angles work. He tried to make a play for the ball, he had one of two choices, go for the ball or set and angle 40- yards ahead of welker to eventually take him down. He went for the risky play and it didn't pay off. when welker is running a seam route and jones is facing the qb waiting for a release in the middle its not likely they are going to be able to turn around and accelerate in time to catch up with someone who is already at top speed. you can see the ball just pass his right hand's finger tips.

ehhh....i keyed every snap of reshads in the reshad jones blows thread and i came out with 2 bad play grades out of like 65 or so...but the 2 were big plays...the first the deep ball to slater where vontae had outside technique and reshad bit on the underneath te who was covered well already and didn't provide the deep inside help he was supposed to and the other not getting into his pedal at all and maintaining depth taking a very flat bad angle to the ball on the 99 yard td to welker...2 big plays but the only 2 bad plays i could say with a definite answer for him...

and he was a tackling machine...no missed tackles if he got his hands on you you were down...strong in run support very physically imposing...

so i guess draw from it whatever conclusions you want...i think i also had like 12 or 13 total plays i graded as good plays by him...not just the kind of plays i'd say any average free safety makes

I find it very amusing on here that SOME people of the so called experts say they saw him as a hot mess while others say not. I think some people are still fuming over our offseason moves and want to call out anything and everything to make themselves look good for whatever reason. I rewatched the game and totally agree with you Hoops on Jones's play. I saw maybe 2-3 bad angle plays in which he needs to correct to be a future starting safety. To say he needs to be cut ASAP is simply retarded.

Looks like Tony has a different opinion than a lot of our resident [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]football[/COLOR][/COLOR] Gurus.

first off, get off the gurus. like party politics you get sucked in and develope opinions that arnt yours amd MANY times are not accurate.

there was a whole lot to blame in that game but rashad was one of the bright spots. i have been saying this since the next morning. dont listen to me or your personal guru, LOOK AT THE TiVO! [if you actually record them and watch them].rashad was all over the field and did what he could with virtually NO help. even tony gets it right sometimes and this is one of them.

the o-line played far better than i expected. folks are acting like henne was sacked 10 times. reggie was used to much and was so predictable my wife was saying what was coming next. we didnt attack downfield enough to get people out of the box on run plays or get the defenses mind off reggie by pulling the fire alarm for the carnage happening downfield.

if you WATCH THE GAMES, TIVO THEM and then go back and watch the aspects of the game you question like rashad. you do this regularly and all of a sudden you dont have or recognize "gurus" anymore. your content in what YOU have seen and you become more educated as how it all works.

NO ONE KNOWS what the assignments were on most plays. like offense, there are several different things you can do in a defensive call, its not always this is ran so this or that guy has this or that responsability. but, we have all these fans going on and on about the "blown assignments" and "calls" by different players. there were some misses for sure. but a lot of this game our players were just shredded my there guy and billicheks assasin game plan he brought in. many of our guys gave up and gave up EARLY!

vontae and smith were were complete garbage who layed down and died like dogs and showed NO heart or game. rashad was all over the field doing whatever he could.

WATCH THE TIVO, IGNORE THE "GURU".

Back
Top Bottom