Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 193 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

Of course he would, but it would have to become predictable, b/c Henry doesn't fit with the scheme we use for Hill and Waddle. We'd have plays that only Henry runs and the plays that we currently use. I don't think you understand how much McD would have to change his system. We'd basically be installing a whole new offense.
On the contrary Raphael… Start by taking a look at the kind of system that Tennessee runs… It’s a ZBS by the way. Then get back to me… Also, you may want to take a look at the couple of videos that JamesWSenior posted in the Derrick Henry thread… 👑🤠

Yeah maybe he was just too old and better suited for a true MLB position…stead of an ILB in the Fangs scheme
I should have explained or further elaborated on my comment. I just find it ridiculous, when some people (not you Stevie) throw **** at Grier or Any other Dolphins staff member, just because a Free Agent player signs elsewhere. We typically don’t have any insight into wither or not the Dolphins tried, or even had interest. We can’t sign everyone!

Kohou was much better on the boundary than at nickel last year. Doesn’t mean he can’t develop at the nickel, as his size and tackling suggest he’d make sense at nickel, but as of now he’s almost definitely next man up on the boundary in the event X or Ramsey get hurt. Needham would be next man up in the slot.

So with Kohou/Needham at CB and Elliott at safety, Trill is probably two injuries away from seeing the field regardless of position. The question is just where he fits best.

I do not see Verone McKinley as someone who impacts roster choices.
Kohou played more at the boundary due to injury. Made far more impact in the nickle early in the season, so I disagree with that.

ACL is much more likely return to form than achilles. So counting on Needham is tough.

So to my initial point, if we move Ramsey, Trill may be next man up as the prototype needed on the boundary.

How are we ignoring film especially when you even said Tua negated the heavy rush with his decisiveness? Without Tua making the correct read pretty much most of the time this offense would be doomed. See the film on Skylar and Teddy B.

Also when team like the chargers jammed our receivers and took away the middle of the field the oline needs to be able to give Tua time to go through his progressions. I was at that game and the receivers were blanketed and the oline had Tua running for his life, literally. It was the most scrambles he had all year.

Mcd has shown one main attribute that overshadows realm the good for now, his insane stubbornness. Teams in December were begging for us to run the ball but he just kept passing and passing. If we run the ball on any of those 3rd and shorts vs Buffalo, we win that game. We were 31st in carries and the optimist says that’ll change. The realist understands the major core flaw in mcd as he didn’t/couldn’t make any adjustments all year. So now he’s going to figure that out??? I’m doubtful and expect more if the sane which was still pretty good. Not as good as I think we could be but still pretty darn good. regardless, like last season showed us, an indecisive Tua is a problem. It’ll happen from time to time, just like it dies fir every QB. So why oh why knowing all of this did we not make oline more if a priority?

Adjustments especially real-time is also my biggest concern with McD. It’s a part of being flexible as a play caller.

We’ll see. But that’s the glaring weakness I see in his game this far.

So to my initial point, if we move Ramsey, Trill may be next man up as the prototype needed on the boundary.
Maybe, but I have a hard time making that type of projection for a guy that has exactly zero NFL regular season snaps.

It would be great, but not counting on it.

Maybe, but I have a hard time making that type of projection for a guy that has exactly zero NFL regular season snaps.

It would be great, but not counting on it.
Nobody is saying he should start day 1. We are discusing a move to S.

If Kohou starts at nickle, and Ramsey plays the star on that rep, and Needham is still returning to form, who is your other boundary?

Are you trotting Iggy out there?

We need guys on the boundary more than we need a 5 deep S.

I rest my case...

Nobody is saying he should start day 1. We are discusing a move to S.

If Kohou starts at nickle, and Ramsey plays the star on that rep, and Needham is still returning to form, who is your other boundary?

Are you trotting Iggy out there?

We need guys on the boundary more than we need a 5 deep S.

I rest my case...
I think you missed my point entirely. I'm not penciling in a guy that has never played a regular season down in any capacity, particularly when we have a new DC that has never even worked with the player in a new system,

Trill may be the best thing since sliced rocket surgeons, but assuming he can assume a starting boundary responsibility in any combination, when there are vastly more experienced players on the team is more wish than reality, IMO. I know what the discussion was about. I'm suggesting that there is a potential serious flaw in the premise. Nothing more, nothing less

You rested your case on facts not in evidence on something you took out of context.

I think you missed my point entirely. I'm not penciling in a guy that has never played a regular season down in any capacity, particularly when we have a new DC that has never even worked with the player in a new system,

Trill may be the best thing since sliced rocket surgeons, but assuming he can assume a starting boundary responsibility in any combination, when there are vastly more experienced players on the team is more wish than reality, IMO. I know what the discussion was about. I'm suggesting that there is a potential serious flaw in the premise. Nothing more, nothing less

You rested your case on facts not in evidence on something you took out of context.
Your point was irrelevant to the conversation at hand in response to my post.

Feel free to scribble your thoughts down all you like, just leave me out of it unless it actually relates to the topic...

Your point was irrelevant to the conversation at hand in response to my post.

Feel free to scribble your thoughts down all you like, just leave me out of it unless it actually relates to the topic...
You suggesting Trill was an obvious first choice made my post relevant because I have a different opinion on the matter.

This is a discussion forum. No need to be all pissy over my valid point about TW's lack of experience.

If you want to be left out of it, it's very simple. Don't reply......

I’m excited to see the growth in McD. He was a rookie HC and first time play caller last season. He doesn’t seem to have an ego that held Gase and Flores back. I’m tired of resetting coaches every 3-4 years and hope McD sticks.

The last set of Defensive coaches were raving about Trill... but he's a project, and he's never played in the NFL... and I still think he's a safety or big slot.
I don't see boundary corner in his game... or on his college resume.

Back
Top Bottom