Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 206 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

At this point... I strongly believe that our DL is the next crisis point. If we can get out ahead of the problem; we'll be better off.
We have no depth and all of our players are flight risks... I have no idea why so many posters can't see this.
I'm with you. Been posting about this a lot. Miami actually needs a DT. Too many unanswered questions, starting after the season when both Wilkins and Davis are F/A. My fear is the holdup on Wilkins' extention, may cause Miami to seek a trade, sooner rather than later.

I'm with you. Been posting about this a lot. Miami actually needs a DT. Too many unanswered questions, starting after the season when both Wilkins and Davis are F/A. My fear is the holdup on Wilkins' extention, may cause Miami to seek a trade, sooner rather than later.
As another brother brought up, Miami could surprise us fans and draft a DT in the draft. I expect us to bring UDFA's in for a chance to make this team especially if we don't sign a vet for depth.

:ffic:

As another brother brought up, Miami could surprise us fans and draft a DT in the draft. I expect us to bring UDFA's in for a chance to make this team especially if we don't sign a vet for depth.

Been disappointed since they let Ben Stille leave last year. I've anticipated something like a potential loss of Seiler or Wilkins, since the trade for Chubb and signing him to a ridiculous contract.

Last edited:
Another F/A I'm hoping Miami signs after June 1st is Feiler the OG from the Chargers who's an excellent pass blocker. He played for Frank Smith and has familiarity with Miami's system.

usa_today_19799257.0.jpg

At this point... I strongly believe that our DL is the next crisis point. If we can get out ahead of the problem; we'll be better off.
We have no depth and all of our players are flight risks... I have no idea why so many posters can't see this.
Agree with this. Between DT and edge, we only have three actual rotation players under contract for next season (assuming we cut Ogbah, which we will) and one of them kind of stinks (Raekwon).

So DL is a major long-term need unless we plan to extend both Wilkins and Sieler.

My perfect draft would be trading down from 51, picking up two third rounders in return, and drafting a TE, a DL, and a RB with our three third round picks.

Agree with this. Between DT and edge, we only have three actual rotation players under contract for next season (assuming we cut Ogbah, which we will) and one of them kind of stinks (Raekwon).

So DL is a major long-term need unless we plan to extend both Wilkins and Sieler.

My perfect draft would be trading down from 51, picking up two third rounders in return, and drafting a TE, a DL, and a RB with our three third round picks.
That would be nice, but I doubt we are getting two 3rds for such a late 2nd, and that's assuming you find a team that has two to begin with.

I really don't want to part with our 2nd, unless some foolish GM wants to give us their 2nd next year + a 3rd. That I might do.

My rationale is that the talent level as a whole drops off rapidly after the second round. I'm not saying you can't still get good players, just that the chances are not as high.

Back
Top Bottom